Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-07-2023, 11:32 AM   #81
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
The Bucks are sitting Giannis, Holiday, Middleton, Lopez, and Connaughton tonight. I think the Grizzlies win easily and then rest everyone for the final game against the Thunder. Not looking good for the Mavs slim play-in hopes.
If I'm right and the Bulls could settle in with 10th place heading into the draft lottery, then a win tonight would be the most foolish thing ever. I get why the players want to play, but it ain't happening...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2023, 12:19 PM   #82
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Bulls would have to beat Toronto (who they are 1-2 against), then either Heat (3-0) or the Hawks (2-2) all in a one game series for us to get bumped up one draft position.

I really wouldn't bet on it.

If you want us to get to the play-in to test our mettle and give the pick in a weak draft to NY, then we just gotta sweep the last two

If you want us to get a good pick in this draft with not many stars, but tons of good two-way guys, then you absolutely have to lose one or both of these games and pray something good happens.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 12:47 PM   #83
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Bulls would have to beat Toronto (who they are 1-2 against), then either Heat (3-0) or the Hawks (2-2) all in a one game series for us to get bumped up one draft position.

I really wouldn't bet on it.

If you want us to get to the play-in to test our mettle and give the pick in a weak draft to NY, then we just gotta sweep the last two

If you want us to get a good pick in this draft with not many stars, but tons of good two-way guys, then you absolutely have to lose one or both of these games and pray something good happens.
Looks like they are going for the pick....

Kyrie Irving (right foot injury recovery), Josh Green (rest), Tim Hardaway Jr. (left ankle soreness), Maxi Kleber (right hamstring injury recovery) and Christian Wood (rest) will all miss tonight?s game against the Bulls.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 12:49 PM   #84
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Which begs the question....why on earth did you play them all vs the Kings then?

This FO just doesn't know what the hell they are doing.

Old 04-07-2023, 01:10 PM   #85
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Which begs the question....why on earth did you play them all vs the Kings then?

I thought the same thing. Why did you fight to win that game to rest everyone in a must win game if you?re trying to make the playoffs?

Luka just going to come out firing and try to get the scoring title?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 01:16 PM   #86
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I think FO was hoping for the Jazz to defeat the Thunder last night. When OKC won the probability to make the play-in dropped. Just a guess.

Last edited by purplefrog; 04-07-2023 at 01:17 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 01:29 PM   #87
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I think FO was hoping for the Jazz to defeat the Thunder last night. When OKC won the probability to make the play-in dropped. Just a guess.
No that's at least rational.

I guess Luka is only playing tonight because it's Slovenia night. Funny, because I took my friend to his first Mavs game last year on Slovenia night and Luka didn't play. He had partied at the Mavs ball the night before...

Old 04-07-2023, 01:52 PM   #88
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Please for the love of God tank. Especially if we're keeping Kyrie. That sounds counterintuitive so let me explain. We may not have a pick like this ever again in the Luka era.

1) We need to bring in someone with a high natural talent level either in the draft or in a trade.

2) The value of a 2023 top-10 pick is higher than a hypothetical 2025 pick.

3) If we expect to keep Kyrie having a high level talent on a rookie contract could make all the difference.

Tank Tank Tank Tank Tank
Old 04-07-2023, 04:59 PM   #89
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Tank please. For the love of God.

Haha just realized you wrote the same thing above ☝️

Last edited by mac222b; 04-07-2023 at 04:59 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 05:32 PM   #90
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Tank please. For the love of God.

Haha just realized you wrote the same thing above ☝️
I?ll third it
Old 04-07-2023, 05:45 PM   #91
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I also think they are doing it so they aren't in a position for the Grizzlies to purposely lose to the Thunder. Avoiding the extra embarrassment of this horrid season.

Old 04-07-2023, 05:46 PM   #92
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Tim MacMahon
@espn_macmahon
Sources: Luka Doncic will sit out after the first quarter tonight vs. the Bulls.

Five key Mavs, including Kyrie Irving, were ruled out this morning.

Old 04-07-2023, 06:12 PM   #93
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Watch Harry drops 50 in the win
Old 04-07-2023, 06:26 PM   #94
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

It will be entertaining to see who is fake rooting foe their teammates during the game. If I'm coach and they can't play, I'm telling them to stay the fvck home. If I'm a kwy player and coach says "yall are injured" then it would definitely get heated in the locker room. I imagine it's been awkward as hell behind the scenes. I'm dying to know what has transpired since Kyrie, Luka Thj and Kidd met after the Sacramento game.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 04-07-2023 at 06:27 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 06:50 PM   #95
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Look at that Bulls injury report too

Harry is going to eat them up
Old 04-07-2023, 06:51 PM   #96
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/st...wS8veA7Kg&s=19

Old 04-07-2023, 07:05 PM   #97
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
It will be entertaining to see who is fake rooting foe their teammates during the game. If I'm coach and they can't play, I'm telling them to stay the fvck home. If I'm a kwy player and coach says "yall are injured" then it would definitely get heated in the locker room. I imagine it's been awkward as hell behind the scenes. I'm dying to know what has transpired since Kyrie, Luka Thj and Kidd met after the Sacramento game.
For all we know, Kyrie may be watching what Mavs management does in this situation, to decide what he wants to do next season. He may look negatively on a team that is starved for assets punting a draft pick for a small sliver of a chance at a play in game.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 07:16 PM   #98
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
For all we know, Kyrie may be watching what Mavs management does in this situation, to decide what he wants to do next season. He may look negatively on a team that is starved for assets punting a draft pick for a small sliver of a chance at a play in game.
You really think Kyrie has that on his mind? I don't. He went balls to the wall just 2 days ago to try and win out. The e-brake tank to get that pick is just as small of a sliver as it is in the play in. We had a chance to tank properly and instead FO does this. Lolol. Then let's Kidd go out and do everything to potentially get it taken away.

Old 04-07-2023, 07:20 PM   #99
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the right thing to do. Luka & Kyrie will be fine. In fact, I bet they both want this season to be over. Both had a lot going on this year. Pack in it and let's run it back next season with renewed stars and younger, better, hungrier roster.
Old 04-07-2023, 07:30 PM   #100
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You really think Kyrie has that on his mind? I don't. He went balls to the wall just 2 days ago to try and win out. The e-brake tank to get that pick is just as small of a sliver as it is in the play in. We had a chance to tank properly and instead FO does this. Lolol. Then let's Kidd go out and do everything to potentially get it taken away.
We don?t know, but if he ever had any thought of staying here, maybe. I wanted to tank once they lost the back to back Charlotte games. If they wanted to compete for the playoffs, they should have done it there.
Old 04-07-2023, 07:38 PM   #101
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
We don?t know, but if he ever had any thought of staying here, maybe. I wanted to tank once they lost the back to back Charlotte games. If they wanted to compete for the playoffs, they should have done it there.
Players want to win. Period. Kyrie hasn't been here long enough to be making decisions based on whether or not we give that pick up for a chance to compete. I find it very hard to believe any player was ok with this decision. Competitors in the middle of the fire aren't easily capable of seeing the big picture. We are caught up in the investment of the season, but they are 10x more caught up. It's their entire life. Luka and kyrie couldn't care less about that pick is where my money is. Kyrie doesn't even know if he wants to be here. I can't imagine that he wants to be here and it really solidifies it to close up shop and get a pick for some drafted player who if we are lucky could contribute off the bench a bit.

Old 04-07-2023, 08:42 PM   #102
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Players want to win. Period. Kyrie hasn't been here long enough to be making decisions based on whether or not we give that pick up for a chance to compete. I find it very hard to believe any player was ok with this decision. Competitors in the middle of the fire aren't easily capable of seeing the big picture. We are caught up in the investment of the season, but they are 10x more caught up. It's their entire life. Luka and kyrie couldn't care less about that pick is where my money is. Kyrie doesn't even know if he wants to be here. I can't imagine that he wants to be here and it really solidifies it to close up shop and get a pick for some drafted player who if we are lucky could contribute off the bench a bit.
Kyrie wants to win period? Are we talking about the same guy? When he?s in the game, sure. Off the court, he seems to make decisions based on other motivations. I?m sure he?s capable of looking outside the heat of the moment, and understanding strategy. As are other players.
Old 04-07-2023, 10:10 PM   #103
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Kyrie wants to win period? Are we talking about the same guy? When he?s in the game, sure. Off the court, he seems to make decisions based on other motivations. I?m sure he?s capable of looking outside the heat of the moment, and understanding strategy. As are other players.
Yea. These guys want to compete if there's a chance. It's one thing to justify a stance but at some point there's no more ground. You're right. We don't know about Kyrie, but it's well documented that if there's a chance, guys want to play and guys want to win. If you step outside this stance, you really think the most important player is ok with shutting it down? You really think Luka responded with "OK, whatever yall want to do"? It's not Kyries team anyway. It's Lukas team.

Old 04-07-2023, 10:24 PM   #104
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yea. These guys want to compete if there's a chance. It's one thing to justify a stance but at some point there's no more ground. You're right. We don't know about Kyrie, but it's well documented that if there's a chance, guys want to play and guys want to win. If you step outside this stance, you really think the most important player is ok with shutting it down? You really think Luka responded with "OK, whatever yall want to do"? It's not Kyries team anyway. It's Lukas team.
I?m sure Luka was pissed. That?s why you have people who aren?t players make decisions. LeBron wanted to pay Tristan Thompson.

How did you get the board to make quotation marks instead of question marks? This is the real secret to Mavs success.
Old 04-07-2023, 10:25 PM   #105
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

They shoulda lost on Wednesday. Now we all get to see them blow it vs the Spurs.

Old 04-07-2023, 11:17 PM   #106
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I?m sure Luka was pissed. That?s why you have people who aren?t players make decisions. LeBron wanted to pay Tristan Thompson.

How did you get the board to make quotation marks instead of question marks? This is the real secret to Mavs success.
Haha. Idk man. I wondered that for a while too. It might have something to do with me being in browser with android?

Old 04-07-2023, 11:19 PM   #107
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
They shoulda lost on Wednesday. Now we all get to see them blow it vs the Spurs.
I wanna see Cubans fn head fall off because of this. Or I wanna see a final score of:
Spurs:37
Mavs:18

Old 04-07-2023, 11:39 PM   #108
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I wanna see Cubans fn head fall off because of this. Or I wanna see a final score of:
Spurs:37
Mavs:18
They might as well make it a dodgeball game.

The most damning stat of the season though is the record of Wood vs Powell starting via Afseth...

Record as Starter:

Wood: 9-8 (9-4 w/Doncic)
Powell: 26-37 (21-28 w/Doncic)

That's the season right there.

Old 04-08-2023, 12:17 AM   #109
tap2390
Diamond Member

We finally did the smart thing instead of the prideful thing. Pride gets you nowhere in the league. It?s the difference between shittalking the refs and feeding them honey.
Old 04-08-2023, 05:26 AM   #110
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Eh a little different in that he also went to TCU, but yea, we've beat the Bane train to death lol

Basically, I'd love for them to place more importance in the draft. Seemed to have taken a change with the Hardy pick in being aggressive to add talent.

My approach would be to float away from the high-end potential guys and get the guys who have already produced at a high level (college or G league). Those same guys have high ceilings but also high floors. Obviously this plays a little different in the top 10, but it applies to buying back into the 2nd round and whenever we have later 1st rounders.

Can go back to our championship season to see how cute they were in the drafts:

Jordan Hamilton over Jimmy Butler, Bojan Bogdanovic , hell even his own teammate in Cory Joseph showed better but...potential! Dig deeper and our favorite Chandler Parsons there in the 2nd. Our boy Bertans was found in the 2nd in this draft

2012-2013 were the picks for powder, as they were traded. Zeller and Olynyk fit the bill, but we can assume the team trading for them made the pick, and not the Mavs. This is also where the Mavs should have drafted Giannis, but we know Cuban nixed that.

Justin Anderson over Bobby Portis and Montrezl Harrell, I guess you could include Larry Nance Jr. and Kevon Looney, but I didn't think much of them at the time. Bonus Josh Richardson and Norman Powell in the 2nd

A.J. Hammons...yea yea 2nd rounder, but Goerges Niang was right there, too

Dennis Smith Jr. is one I won't harp on as it was a top 10 pick and pretty much consensus. But given guys like Donovan Mitchell and Bam Adebayo went behind him, begs for a different philosophy and scouting. Either way, this pick/player would have gone in the trade for KP

Boil it all down, the Mavs need to stop being cute with the draft and accumulate assets. Are any of the above players that we there true needle movers? No, but certainly valuable as rotation pieces and in trades. My hope is the Mavs continue to be uber aggressive in the 2nd round. Guys like Hardy can be found there. It's not easy, considering we don't have any of our actual picks for years, but we've seen it done.
Thank you. You eloquently stated what I have been telling friends for awhile. The Luka era was sabotaged partly because the cupboard was so bare when Luka got here because of the F ups you lay out from 2011 on. The misunderstanding of the 2012 CBA turned into being devoid of assets when Luka got here. So here we are.. No 2nd rounders for 7 years, no real assets that anyone wants and potentially conveying our 1st round pick to NY if we have bad lottery luck.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 09:05 AM   #111
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

The spurs needs loose or it doesn?t matter to them? They might try screw us and lose too? Also if we lose guarantees 10th pick?

Last edited by Amarelooms; 04-08-2023 at 09:06 AM.
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 02:28 PM   #112
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Per McMahon

The nba has commenced an investigation into Dallas tanking lmaooooo this org cannot do anything right and Kidd wouldn?t stfu post game.

Hopefully this is all for show, because Portland and Utah have been tanking for awhile now.
Old 04-08-2023, 02:49 PM   #113
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Per McMahon

The nba has commenced an investigation into Dallas tanking lmaooooo this org cannot do anything right and Kidd wouldn?t stfu post game.

Hopefully this is all for show, because Portland and Utah have been tanking for awhile now.
I will laugh hysterically if Cuban gets fined and/or there is some other penalty handed down. The good news is Kidd's remarks might get him fired, whereas his poor coaching was unlikely to get us to that result. Kidd may have burned the bridge by saying this was a decision made by management.

I mean it is one thing to sit five/six of your rotation players (several teams are doing that), but to be leading by double digits at halftime and then not play most of those players that got you that lead, well that is obvious tanking.

Last edited by purplefrog; 04-08-2023 at 02:51 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 02:57 PM   #114
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I think Cuban should have to fire Kidd then sell the team. Apt consequence. No other choice.
Old 04-08-2023, 03:03 PM   #115
tap2390
Diamond Member

Kidd is a fucking moron. How hard is it to say that you've judged that the injury risk isn't worth it given the slim chance of making the play-in???

This whole franchise just reeks of incompetence and it starts with Cuban who is really turning into the poor man's Jerry Jones.
Old 04-08-2023, 03:13 PM   #116
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

FOUR OPTIONS

Option 1) We lose. Guaranteed 10th draft position. Doesn't matter what other teams do (9th if Bulls somehow beat both the Raptors and Heat/Hawks) - 13.9% chance of a top 4, 79.8% chance of keeping pick)

Option 2) We win against the Spurs. Both Thunder and Bulls win. We get 10th (9th if Bulls somehow beat both the Raptors and Heat/Hawks) - 13.9% chance of a top 4, 79.8% chance of keeping pick)

Option 3) We win against the Spurs. Either Thunder or Bulls lose. We split 10th/11th (9th/10th if Bulls somehow beat both the Raptors and Heat/Hawks) - 9.4% chance of a top 4, 44.6% chance of keeping pick)

Option 4) We win against the Spurs. Both the Thunder and Bulls lose. We split 10th/11th/12th (9th/10th if Bulls make the playoffs) - 10.2% chance of a top 4, 32.1% chance of keeping pick)

That's it. If we lose one more game, we are in control and guaranteed 10th with a small chance of 9th. If we win, then other teams can split out lottery odds.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-08-2023 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-08-2023, 03:14 PM   #117
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Kidd is a fucking moron. How hard is it to say that you've judged that the injury risk isn't worth it given the slim chance of making the play-in???

This whole franchise just reeks of incompetence and it starts with Cuban who is really turning into the poor man's Jerry Jones.
100%!
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 03:45 PM   #118
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
FOUR OPTIONS

Option 1) We lose. Guaranteed 10th draft position. Doesn't matter what other teams do (9th if Bulls somehow beat both the Raptors and Heat/Hawks) - 13.9% chance of a top 4, 79.8% chance of keeping pick)

Option 2) We win against the Spurs. Both Thunder and Bulls lose. We get 10th (9th if Bulls somehow beat both the Raptors and Heat/Hawks) - 13.9% chance of a top 4, 79.8% chance of keeping pick)

Option 3) We win against the Spurs. Either Thunder or Bulls win. We split 10th/11th (9th/10th if Bulls somehow beat both the Raptors and Heat/Hawks) - 9.4% chance of a top 4, 44.6% chance of keeping pick)

Option 4) We win against the Spurs. Both the Thunder and Bulls win. We split 10th/11th/12th (9th/10th if Bulls make the playoffs) - 10.2% chance of a top 4, 32.1% chance of keeping pick)

That's it. If we lose one more game, we are in control and guaranteed 10th with a small chance of 9th. If we win, then other teams can split out lottery odds.
The ONLY logic is they didn?t think they?d beat the Kings as starters. OKC was not going to lose to the jazz. It really just shows how incompetent this organization is and it starts at the top with billionaire guy living out his fantasy of owning an nba team.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-08-2023 at 05:52 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 04:06 PM   #119
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I will laugh hysterically if Cuban gets fined and/or there is some other penalty handed down. The good news is Kidd's remarks might get him fired, whereas his poor coaching was unlikely to get us to that result. Kidd may have burned the bridge by saying this was a decision made by management.

I mean it is one thing to sit five/six of your rotation players (several teams are doing that), but to be leading by double digits at halftime and then not play most of those players that got you that lead, well that is obvious tanking.
Kidd has been trying to get fired all season.

Be hilarious if they try to win the next game now.

Old 04-08-2023, 04:52 PM   #120
purplefrog
Platinum Member

Quote:
Kidd has been trying to get fired all season.

Be hilarious if they try to win the next game now.
I think they might have to "sit for rest" everyone but Frank, Wright, Lawson, Holiday, and Pinson. If someone fouls out, then play with four.