Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #121
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Maybe I am undervaluing the defense. But Romo cost the Cowboys the last two years. It looks like nothing has changed with him. He still throws untimly picks. He still fumbles because he doesn't secure the ball.
He didn't cost us last year. I still blame that pitiful effort of the offensive line for the Giants loss. I think your blaming the wrong person there.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #122
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

And they even f up their chance in field goal range by a dumb penalty.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:50 PM   #123
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

luck they're kicking into the wind.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:50 PM   #124
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to name my left leg Nick and my right leg Folk in honor of the greatest manbeast of all-time.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-07-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:50 PM   #125
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And they even f up their chance in field goal range by a dumb penalty.
they sure did.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:51 PM   #126
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Folk is just good.

Romo was awful (IMO) against the Giants last year. If you are going to be a gunslinger, you can't be Plexico. You have to be Eastwood. Romo is more than Plexico than Eastwood. And it kills the Boys.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:52 PM   #127
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Folk is just good.

Romo was awful (IMO) against the Giants last year. If you are going to be a gunslinger, you can't be Plexico. You have to be Eastwood. Romo is more than Plexico than Eastwood. And it kills the Boys.
That's because the Giants defensive line was on top of Romo as soon as he snapped the ball.

The quarterback in the midst of the greatest season of all time sucked against the Giants too.

There's a reason for that.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-07-2008, 05:53 PM   #128
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I think if you're the last team with the ball to end the half, your last drive can carry a ton of momentum into the 2nd half. I think taking it down in a short amount of time and getting that field goal can definitely help. It at least gives the offense a feeling that they can do enough to score on the D. Now Dallas needs a big 3 and out early to give it back to Romo and see what they can do off of it. I think pushing the tempo with a no-huddle could help.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:56 PM   #129
Bayliss

Quote:
hat's because the Giants defensive line was on top of Romo as soon as he snapped the ball.

The quarterback in the midst of the greatest season of all time sucked against the Giants too.

There's a reason for that.
And the Boys if they make the Playoffs will be up against that defense again. Will Romo limit his damn turnovers? Time of possession and field position and turnovers are the three most important things (besides points obviously) in the playoffs. And all 3 go together. You limit turnovers, you get better field position, same with time of possession, etc.

When Romo learns to "control" the game by doing those things then he will be great. Right now he doesn't control the game.

Last edited by Bayliss; 12-07-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:56 PM   #130
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Steelers couldn't do anything with the wind against them and the Cowboys couldn't do much with the wind going with them. What a boring game.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #131
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
And the Boys if they make the Playoffs will be up against that defense again. Will Romo limit his damn turnovers? Time of possession and field possession and turnovers are the three most important things (besides points obviously) in the playoffs. And all 3 go together. You limit turnovers, you get better field position, same with time of possession, etc.

When Romo learns to "control" the game by doing those things then he will be great. Right now he doesn't control the game.
Yeah, but if I remember right the only turnover he had against the Giants was on fourth down of the last drive of the game which isn't really a mistake. Unless he had a fumble that I can't find in the box score.

If the Cowboys go up against that defense again, I hope the line plays up to their billing. They can't get utterly dominated again like they did last time. We've got enough pro-bowlers that you would think they would be able to hold their own.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-07-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #132
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Maybe I am undervaluing the defense. But Romo cost the Cowboys the last two years. It looks like nothing has changed with him. He still throws untimly picks. He still fumbles because he doesn't secure the ball.
I'm so sick of people saying that about Romo. He has his flaws yea but he's played good enough in the post season to where this team should've won. He's played damn good at quareterback. He f'd up the field goal in the Seahawks game. Bledsoe should've been holding anyway but he f'd that up. He wasn't at qb when he effed that up. And if Crayton doesn't drop passes we probably beat the Giants last season. There's a big misconception about Romo in the post season. He's played good enough to win.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:04 PM   #133
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
Steelers couldn't do anything with the wind against them and the Cowboys couldn't do much with the wind going with them. What a boring game.
I guess it matters what type of fan you are. I enjoy watching great defenses and I think this is one.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:07 PM   #134
FINtastic
Diamond Member

I love me some Scandrick. That dude hits like a safety.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #135
Bayliss

I could have sworn he muffed a couple of snaps in the Giants game. Maybe my memory is failing.

Well, he is better than Eli Manning (IMO) by a lot. But Eli was sucking when he would constantly turn the ball over. He got in under control and they won the Super Bowl. Romo needs to do the same. It is fine to make a play out of nothing. But he needs to make the simple play too.

It's like throwing the ball out of the back of the end zone when nothing is there. Or throwing it away instead of getting sacked. The simple plays. It isn't against the sh*tty teams when he makes those mistakes. It is against the good teams. Cut those down and the Boys are in great shape.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #136
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Scandrick lit his ass up.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #137
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I said we needed, quick 3 and out...now the offense needs to change the tempo of the game and go with speed and precision.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:10 PM   #138
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
I could have sworn he muffed a couple of snaps in the Giants game. Maybe my memory is failing.

Well, he is better than Eli Manning (IMO) by a lot. But Eli was sucking when he would constantly turn the ball over. He got in under control and they won the Super Bowl. Romo needs to do the same. It is fine to make a play out of nothing. But he needs to make the simple play too.

It's like throwing the ball out of the back of the end zone when nothing is there. Or throwing it away instead of getting sacked. The simple plays. It isn't against the sh*tty teams when he makes those mistakes. It is against the good teams. Cut those down and the Boys are in great shape.
Well i've tried to wipe the Giants game out of my head lol. But I do remember guys dropping passes. Especially Crayton. Qb's are going to make mistakes. Especially in their 2nd post season of their career. Romo will get better in the postseason. I just don't think he's played bad enough to where we'd say he chokes in the post season.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:11 PM   #139
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Choice!!!

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-07-2008, 06:12 PM   #140
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

I'm starting to see that the weakness with the Steelers defense is the middle of the field.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:13 PM   #141
FINtastic
Diamond Member

I wonder if Witten's ankle swelled up as soon as he got out of the cold and into room temperature.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-07-2008, 06:13 PM   #142
Bayliss

That was a dumb play by Romo. They have the ball looking for points and he once again made a mistake. Got lucky.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:13 PM   #143
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dammnit Romo. Keep goin' at the middle of the field.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:13 PM   #144
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Choice is running hard out there.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-07-2008, 06:14 PM   #145
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I missed the first half... Sorry...

(now the Cowboys can start winning!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #146
FINtastic
Diamond Member

And that's why you have to love Romo...

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #147
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

See post #145...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #148
Bayliss

Now that was a sweet play. That is Brett Favresque.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #149
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Romo is getting his feet wet.

TOOOO!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #150
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

phenom catch by owens.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #151
BGMaverick9
Guru

Nice play, making something out of nothing.

Happy now?

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 12-07-2008 at 06:16 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #152
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
And that's why you have to love Romo...
That scared me. Romo usually does that but for some reason it looked like he just wanted the play to end. I don't care about the pick's. I love when he tries to buy time.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #153
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
See post #145...
I would so + rep you right now if I could

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #154
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Quote:
That was a dumb play by Romo. They have the ball looking for points and he once again made a mistake. Got lucky.
Just wondering.. who do you want to play quarterback for the remainder of the season, you know.. since you think Romo is so bad.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #155
BGMaverick9
Guru

This is going exactly as it needed to for the start of the 2nd half. That last drive to end the 1st half really started to set the tone. Choice was awesome on that drive as well.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #156
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
Suck it.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:20 PM   #157
Bayliss

Quote:
Just wondering.. who do you want to play quarterback for the remainder of the season, you know.. since you think Romo is so bad.
He just needs to avoid mistakes. Never said he was a bad quarterback. He was horrid in that first half. And rightfully so.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:20 PM   #158
FINtastic
Diamond Member

I sure hope what Choice is doing out there is going to convince Phillips/Garrett to go to more of a split back system.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-07-2008, 06:22 PM   #159
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

You cannot stop Demarcus.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:23 PM   #160
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

So what was Pac-Man doing while suspended? Clearly not hittin' up the strip club. He's playing better than before he got suspended.

Tags
ass hattery, creditxpert2003, douchebaggery, ed werder hates t.o., homo raters, romo haters, romo homers, to + witten = <3