JMaassacre is on a distinguished road
Default Dallas @ Greenbay thread.

Boring so far...
JMaassacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2004, 04:48 PM   #2
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future
Default RE:Dallas @ Greenbay thread.

can we get a kickoff that goes past the 10 yard line? ridiculous...
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 04:48 PM   #3
JMaassacre

Newman playing like crap again...
Old 10-24-2004, 04:54 PM   #4
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE: Dallas @ Greenbay thread.

Newman is playing REALLY crappy. I think this team misses Woodson more than we would like to admit. I believe Woodson made Roy and some of the DB's look better than they were.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:54 PM   #5
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Morgan looks awsome though
Old 10-24-2004, 05:01 PM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Williams with a great tackle on Green for a loss...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 05:22 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

any good reasons for Newman playing so poorly this season?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-24-2004, 05:23 PM   #8
JMaassacre

Horrible game. You can always expect the Cowboys to come out all flashy and complete tons of passes on the first drive of the game and then thwamp they hit the floor and fall asleep. Horrible game.
Old 10-24-2004, 05:23 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

We stink. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 05:25 PM   #10
sike
The Preacha

two or more losses in a row and Drew is on the way...

Old 10-24-2004, 05:29 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

this team does indeed suck.

Old 10-24-2004, 05:29 PM   #12
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's just talk draft
Old 10-24-2004, 05:33 PM   #13
JMaassacre

Why the hell did they make that stupid trade for Morgan? You had three capable recievers in Keyshawn, Bryant and Glenn. You trade away Bryant and bring in a guy who doesn't know the system yet. Now you only have two options. Terry Glenn gets hurt and you only have one reciever. Green Bay puts all their guys on Keyshawn and they have no recievers. Why would you remove a decent reciever from your offense knowing you only have two recievers left and that Morgan doesn't know the offense? I'm telling you anything that Bryant did is not as bad as loosing a frikin game.
Old 10-24-2004, 05:36 PM   #14
sike
The Preacha

JMaassacre, here ya go. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2004, 05:41 PM   #15
JMaassacre

If Bill is trying to rebuild this year why not just put in Henson today just for the hell of it. It's better to gamble with a quarterback that could take you forward or backward than to stay with the same quarterback knowing you are going backwards.

The only thing bringing me joy in this game is that after it ends there is a Mavericks game...
Old 10-24-2004, 05:43 PM   #16
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Let's just talk draft
Finally coming to reason I suspect?
Old 10-24-2004, 06:05 PM   #17
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Male23Dan
Quote:
Let's just talk draft
I'm not sure I understand. I never said this team was that great. I said that adding an average to good corner wouldn't make that much of a difference. That 2nd rounder is more valuable than Mckiney.

Old 10-24-2004, 06:08 PM   #18
sike
The Preacha

I sure hope Henson develops a good vibe with Witten...

Old 10-24-2004, 06:17 PM   #19
sike
The Preacha

another score on Newman...oops, he fell over.

Old 10-24-2004, 06:19 PM   #20
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: Male23Dan
Quote:
Let's just talk draft
I'm not sure I understand. I never said this team was that great. I said that adding an average to good corner wouldn't make that much of a difference. That 2nd rounder is more valuable than Mckiney.
Yeah... Ok...

You never tried to come off as saying that Newman was better than he really is... You never tried to assume that all corners in the NFL get beat on a regular basis so the poor play by our cornerbacks didnt really mean they were any worse than the league average...

Well guess what, Newman just got beat for ANOTHER touchdown after dropping an interception thrown right to him...

Yeah... Ok... [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2004, 06:19 PM   #21
JMaassacre

34-13; Disgusting. Newman again, I don't care if he had a buddy with him; at this point i'm blaming him all on him.
Old 10-24-2004, 06:21 PM   #22
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I am leaning more and more to devoting Buffalo's #1 to Rolle if he is available AND picking up a veteran CB in the offseason... This is truly becoming ridiculous... Every team's QB can simply pick our CB corps apart...

Do you realize that we have not stopped GB one single time this game?
Old 10-24-2004, 06:23 PM   #23
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Where the hell did your defense go Zimmer???

WHERE?

It can't ALL be Woody... It certainly is NOT Ekuban... WHERE???
Old 10-24-2004, 06:26 PM   #24
JMaassacre

90 yard touchdown what the hell? The Cowboys have absolutely no talent at all on the field. Yes I said it.
Old 10-24-2004, 06:28 PM   #25
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

My goodness... This is sad!
Old 10-24-2004, 06:30 PM   #26
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

wake me up.. this cannot be really happening. Parcells must go if it is happening. This is absolutely ridiculous. 41-13 and it is in the third quarter!? okay, let's get on the bring back jimmy slogan. The man belongs as the coach of the cowboys as much as landry belonged for ALL those years. Jerry, cut the crap, bring jimmy back, so we can actually compete again.
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 06:31 PM   #27
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah... Ok...

You never tried to come off as saying that Newman was better than he really is...
no
Quote:
You never tried to assume that all corners in the NFL get beat on a regular basis so the poor play by our cornerbacks didnt really mean they were any worse than the league average...
If you look at the stats coming into today, they're not worse than league average. We can argue about our perceptions all day, but the stats are what they are.

I was saying we need to play the young corners...why...becaue I was realistic about out what our team was/is.

Quote:
Well guess what, Newman just got beat for ANOTHER touchdown after dropping an interception thrown right to him...
Again, I don't remember defending Newman. If anyting I said Newman was getting beat too so don't blame everything on Reeves.

The good thing about this board is that your words can be held against you...find my words and stop pharaphrasing what I said.

I feel i've been proven right in the corner debate...do you still thing Mckinzie would have made a big difference on this team?
Old 10-24-2004, 06:32 PM   #28
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Calling for Parcell's head?

I hope the knee heals quickly.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 06:35 PM   #29
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah... Ok...

You never tried to come off as saying that Newman was better than he really is...
no
Quote:
You never tried to assume that all corners in the NFL get beat on a regular basis so the poor play by our cornerbacks didnt really mean they were any worse than the league average...
If you look at the stats coming into today, they're not worse than league average. We can argue about our perceptions all day, but the stats are what they are.

I was saying we need to play the young corners...why...becaue I was realistic about out what our team was/is.

Quote:
Again, I don't remember defending Newman. If anyting I said Newman was getting beat too so don't blame everything on Reeves.

The good thing about this board is that your words can be held against you...find my words and stop pharaphrasing what I said.

I feel i've been proven right in the corner debate...do you still thing Mckinzie would have made a big difference on this team?
Dude, WHATEVER... You have NOT been proven right... And YES, I do think that McKenzie would have made a big difference... This team is without confidence and the entire defense is playing differently because of our poor cornerbacks... If you throw McKenzie on the number 1 and then let Newman cover the number 2, I think it helps a GREAT deal... Then you blitz like they did last year and then the defense becomes the defense we have grown accustomed to, (not this scared pussy shit we are seeing today)!
Old 10-24-2004, 06:40 PM   #30
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

hey, it's tough being dallas sports fan out here in New England. Yes the knee hurts, but not as much as this loss.
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 06:43 PM   #31
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Oh my goodness... I think we just stopped GB for the first time today!
Old 10-24-2004, 06:46 PM   #32
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

actually the loss of a Pro Bowl SS and complete lack of a pass rush without blitzing 6 wouold explain why the DB's are getting lit up. Newman is decent, learning and young. Quit calling for Parcell's head thats ridiculous. we need a DE or DT in the draft
Old 10-24-2004, 06:52 PM   #33
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Dude, WHATEVER... You have NOT been proven right... And YES, I do think that McKenzie would have made a big difference... This team is without confidence and the entire defense is playing differently because of our poor cornerbacks... If you throw McKenzie on the number 1 and then let Newman cover the number 2, I think it helps a GREAT deal... Then you blitz like they did last year and then the defense becomes the defense we have grown accustomed to, (not this scared pussy shit we are seeing today)!
What do you mean WHATEVER...find my quotes and prove me wrong.

Here are a few of your quotes:
Quote:
"... Our Defense is mediocre ONLY BECAUSE OF THE CB POSITION... "
you want to stick by that after the way teams have run on us almost at will and the way QB's have had time to pick us apart?

What about this:
Quote:
Bottom line... I think a guy like McKenzie could help put the Cowboys on the next level... Right now, we aren't even necessarily penciled in as a playoff team... You take that team and put a very good CB with an up and coming CB in Newman, and you are on your way to building something special when you factor in the rest of our defense...
You still want to go with this comment. This team obviously needs more than an average corner or even a good corner. Collingsworth said himself that if you give Bret Farve the time he had on the bomb, it doesn't matter who the CB is. That's not defending Newman, because he's been bad, it's just looking at the big picture.

I'm not trying to be confrontational here, I just think you're taking you Cowboy agnst out on me because of comments you think you may have read from me.

FYI, Mckenzie plays for the Saints now. Culpepper threw for 425 and 5 TD's agianst them last week.
Old 10-24-2004, 06:58 PM   #34
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Dirno...

Both quotes that you listed I stand by FULLY... I think both of them are 100% correct despite what YOU and Mr. Collingsworth think... You just don't get my point... My point is that the ENTIRE team has lost confidence, and that is certianly including the guys that call the plays... Passive play calling won't get it done with our front four... It just wont... You must throw in blitzes; however when you blitz with our secondary and don't get to the QB you get burned... If you throw in another very good corner to replace the crap rookies and to throw Newman to the #2 receiver, along with getting Woody back and sitting Dixon's ass on the bench, your chances increase QUITE A BIT... If you and your good TV buddy can't see that, I'm done arguing with your ass!
Old 10-24-2004, 07:00 PM   #35
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Anybody else listening to the Ticket's Football Theatre 1310.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:16 PM   #36
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

41-20 final score...

Simply disgusting!
Old 10-24-2004, 07:17 PM   #37
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Both quotes that you listed I stand by FULLY... I think both of them are 100% correct despite what YOU and Mr. Collingsworth think... You just don't get my point... My point is that the ENTIRE team has lost confidence, and that is certianly including the guys that call the plays... Passive play calling won't get it done with our front four... It just wont... You must throw in blitzes; however when you blitz with our secondary and don't get to the QB you get burned... If you throw in another very good corner to replace the crap rookies and to throw Newman to the #2 receiver, along with getting Woody back and sitting Dixon's ass on the bench, your chances increase QUITE A BIT... If you and your good TV buddy can't see that, I'm done arguing with your ass!
Okay, we have some fundemental differences on how much difference a corner would make. That's fine.

You still haven't explained why everytime Terrence Newman gets beat you act like I dubbed him the next Deon Sanders.

You've ignored the fact that the team that Mckenzie went to was just gave up twice as many yards as the Cowboys to Culpepper.

and most importantly, you still haven't provided any evidence in the form of quotes from me to show that I'm "finally coming to reason" which is how this whole thing started in the 1st place.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:22 PM   #38
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I will send you a PM... I let this shit go in here and you want to bring it back up... You know what you said and I will ultimately point you to the LOST OPPORTUNITY thread as well as a few other game threads... Bottom line, lets both be man enough to stop hijacking threads...
Old 10-25-2004, 10:01 AM   #39
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Last year everything Parcells did seemed to work. And that is what is wrong this year. And it is Parcells' fault. He started to believe his own hype. Rather than fix the team's glaring problems, Parcells thought he could will the team to perform beyond its ability. Parcells was wrong.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 02:56 PM   #40
sike
The Preacha

I think there is some ancient Egyptian saying about old dogs and new tricks...Parcells is not going to change.