Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-28-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold
Default Elite Teams in the West

I have been discussing elite teams in the west with other people and was wondering who other thought those teams were?

I know LA falls in this category and possibly SA. I also feel there is a great chance we reach elite status by the start of the season I hold out hope for a center.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:12 PM   #2
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

1 LA
2 SA
3 Dallas
4 Denver
5 Blazers
6 New Orleans
7 Phoenix
8 Utah

The only new team in that top 8 is Phoenix. Houston got a hell of a lot worse, so they get kicked out. And of the teams that missed the playoffs, LAC is probably the team that improved the most, but not enough. And I think when it comes to coaching, Phoenix now has their sh!t together.

If we do get a good Center, we're either #1 or 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:14 PM   #3
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

SA#2? I dont like SA in #2, I think the Mavs will beat the Spurs anytime.
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:16 PM   #4
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703 View Post
SA#2? I dont like SA in #2, I think the Mavs will beat the Spurs anytime.
Mavs v Spurs, I take the Mavs.

But for most wins, if healthy, I take the Spurs because they don't lose as many dumb games as us. Like OKC, Bucks and Charlotte.

Quote:
Old 07-28-2009, 10:17 PM   #5
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I think we match up quite well with SA if we get a center the Spurs are SOL!
Old 07-28-2009, 10:23 PM   #6
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mavs v Spurs, I take the Mavs.

But for most wins, if healthy, I take the Spurs because they don't lose as many dumb games as us. Like OKC, Bucks and Charlotte.
The Spurs were 2-2 against OKC, 0-2 against the Bucks (they've had the Spurs' number the entire Duncan era), and 2-0 against Charlotte last year.

The Mavs were 2-1 against OKC, 1-1 against the Bucks, and 2-0 against Charlotte (never lost to them in the history of history).

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 07-28-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #7
Nowitzki4President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
The Spurs were 2-2 against OKC, 0-2 against the Bucks (they've had the Spurs' number the entire Duncan era), and 2-0 against Charlotte last year.

The Mavs were 2-1 against OKC, 1-1 against the Bucks, and 2-0 against Charlotte (never lost to them in the history of history).
Haha ya got me.

I just plucked random sh!tty teams out of oblivion. I'm just saying that I see us lose a lot of games against bad teams. Maybe I notice it because I watch like 70 Mavs games a year and like 3 Spurs games (When they're playing the Mavs). But I've seen games against bad teams that we lose, and I just think, wtf.

Quote:
Old 07-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #8
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Well it looks to me that all good teams lose to crappy ones occasionally. The Lakers somehow did manage to lose to Charlotte in both meetings last year.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:36 PM   #9
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

1. Lakers
2. Mavericks
3. Spurs
4. Nuggets
5. Hornets
6. Blazers
7. Jazz
8. Suns
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:40 PM   #10
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
1. Lakers
2. Mavericks
3. Spurs
4. Nuggets
5. Hornets
6. Blazers
7. Jazz
8. Suns
If the Lakers lose Odom and we gain a center we could easily be considered number one. I do, however, doubt a bias media would see it that way.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:41 PM   #11
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Forget the "center".
Old 07-28-2009, 10:43 PM   #12
Nowitzki4President

Quote:
Forget the "center".
The way you see it, we have no chance of a Center.

If that were the case, what would the Best Buck Shot move we could make be so that we're #1?

Quote:
Old 07-28-2009, 10:45 PM   #13
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

1.LA
2.Dallas
3.SA
4.Denver
5.NO
6.Portland
7.Utah
8.Phoenix

I feel our starting five is just as good as SA, however, we have the better bench is why I put the Mavs above the Spurs.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:53 PM   #14
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
1. Lakers
2. Mavericks
3. Spurs
4. Nuggets
5. Hornets
6. Blazers
7. Jazz
8. Suns

I agree.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:19 AM   #15
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

1. Mavs
2. Who gives a f@ck
Old 07-29-2009, 12:21 AM   #16
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

It's still too early to judge - if the Mavs have another trick up their sleeve, anyone else can too...

(Odom is still floating in limbo, for example...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-29-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:42 AM   #17
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

For me,

1. Lakers - even if they lose Odom to Miami, Kobe and the gang will still be the top team.
2. Spurs - Timmy will be healthy, assuming Parker's injury will heal before season, adding two proven veterans (Jefferson/ McDyess) and rookie who can contribute now (Blair).
3. Denver - We have yet to prove our guns against this athletic team, Billups and co. is still the same team that eliminated us.
4. Mavericks - Adding Marion, Gooden and Thomas w/out the expense of our core team, it's like adding spices to a perfect recipe. I'm really excited for a Denver matchup to see if we improved athletically and defensively.
5. Blazers - Adding Miller to this youngsters could infuse order in offense. See what Chauncey did to Denver?
6. Hornets - Nice upgrade in Emeka, again it's up to Paul to level up this guy, we'll see if Okafor can do what Chandler does.
7. Jazz - Same old team since Millsap does the same thing as Boozer. If they could pull up a decent scorer in a S&T for Boozer, I'll put them ahead of NO.
8. Warriors - Don Nelson has a lineup of talented but young scorers, the small ball formula of Nelson could make this guys winners, I say this team is a sleeper.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:58 AM   #18
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post
For me,

1. Lakers - even if they lose Odom to Miami, Kobe and the gang will still be the top team.
2. Spurs - Timmy will be healthy, assuming Parker's injury will heal before season, adding two proven veterans (Jefferson/ McDyess) and rookie who can contribute now (Blair).
3. Denver - We have yet to prove our guns against this athletic team, Billups and co. is still the same team that eliminated us.
4. Mavericks - Adding Marion, Gooden and Thomas w/out the expense of our core team, it's like adding spices to a perfect recipe. I'm really excited for a Denver matchup to see if we improved athletically and defensively.
5. Blazers - Adding Miller to this youngsters could infuse order in offense. See what Chauncey did to Denver?
6. Hornets - Nice upgrade in Emeka, again it's up to Paul to level up this guy, we'll see if Okafor can do what Chandler does.
7. Jazz - Same old team since Millsap does the same thing as Boozer. If they could pull up a decent scorer in a S&T for Boozer, I'll put them ahead of NO.
8. Warriors - Don Nelson has a lineup of talented but young scorers, the small ball formula of Nelson could make this guys winners, I say this team is a sleeper.
I pretty much agree with this assessment top to bottom, except for #8 - there's always a good chance TMac can lead the Rockets on a regular season tear to earn another first-round exit!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-29-2009 at 01:27 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:27 AM   #19
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Lakers
Spurs
Nuggets
Mavs
Blazers
Hornets
Jazz
OKC

Top 8 teams next year

Last edited by clutch#41; 07-29-2009 at 01:28 AM.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:30 AM   #20
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

1. Mavs
2. Clippers
3. OKC
4. T Wolves
5. Golden State
6. Sacremento
7. Memphis
8. Rockets
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:32 AM   #21
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
1. Mavs
2. Clippers
3. OKC
4. T Wolves
5. Golden State
6. Sacremento
7. Memphis
8. Rockets
U Stoned???? ha
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:36 AM   #22
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I think he thought the topic was worst teams in the West. He has no love for his Mavs.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:38 AM   #23
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
1. Mavs
2. Clippers
3. OKC
4. T Wolves
5. Golden State
6. Sacremento
7. Memphis
8. Rockets
Had me cleaning my glasses when I read that one.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:33 AM   #24
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

1. San Antonio
  2. Dallas
  3. Nuggets
  4. Lakers
  5. Blazers
  6. Utah
  7. Hornets
  8. Grizzlies

If Mavs meet Spurs, I choose Spurs.. But otherwise, I think it's very likely that they end up as a number 1 seed next season IF the Lakers lose Odom. I still think that the Artest acquisition is going to explode at some point through the season and, without Odom, is going to kill the chemistry of the team without having a bench to fall back on.

I'm sorry, but what the Spurs have done this offseason is awesome for them. They've addressed all their issues (sans health) and gotten deeper in the process. I can definitely see them being a number 1 seed as it stands right now.

If the Mavs pick up a 5 for the trade pieces that we must deal, and if Gooden/TT end up being worthwhile acquisitions.. Then I'd move the Mavs up to #1 and say they'd be looking at 60+ win season possibilities.

Sorry, just being honest. I hate the Spurs as well, but I give credit where it is due.

Last edited by Justin Credible; 07-29-2009 at 02:34 AM.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:54 AM   #25
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Lakers are 2 to 1 odds in Vegas to win it all again WITH OR WITHOUT ODOM! I don't see how you can put them any lower than a 2 seed, much less putting them the 4 seed. Gasol + Kobe are the main cogs for their success, Odom is an important third piece that puts them over every other team in the NBA talentwise. But even without Odom, they're still one of the most talented teams and still are contenders.

I think Artest ruining the Lakers chemistry is something we can all HOPE for, but can't guarentee.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 07-29-2009 at 05:02 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:24 AM   #26
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

As much as I HATE the Lakers it is impossible to say they are not a top three team in the west. They are defending champs so for the moment they deserve their spot.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #27
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

I'm sorry, I just can't help but think that Lakers fans are going to be sorely disappointed next season. The whole team was playing half-assed right up until they were facing potential elimination in the playoffs, and even then they seemed to struggle just a tad with a wildly depleted Rockets team.

That's what makes me think that Artest is going to be the kryptonite of their success. If they had a solid team with a decent bench going into the playoffs last season and just air-headed their way through (until they woke up), then what are they going to do with a combustible player like Artest and a slimmer bench?

I don't know, maybe I'm just being overly-optimistic as I'm a Kobe hater.

[edit] I'm still going under the impression that Lamar just goes to the Heat without a s&t being performed.

Last edited by Justin Credible; 07-29-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:04 AM   #28
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
I'm sorry, I just can't help but think that Lakers fans are going to be sorely disappointed next season. The whole team was playing half-assed right up until they were facing potential elimination in the playoffs, and even then they seemed to struggle just a tad with a wildly depleted Rockets team.

That's what makes me think that Artest is going to be the kryptonite of their success. If they had a solid team with a decent bench going into the playoffs last season and just air-headed their way through (until they woke up), then what are they going to do with a combustible player like Artest and a slimmer bench?

I don't know, maybe I'm just being overly-optimistic as I'm a Kobe hater.

[edit] I'm still going under the impression that Lamar just goes to the Heat without a s&t being performed.
I for one hope you're right. I also hope we come out on top against the Lakers when we play them this season. Last year all our games against them were close I have a feeling we can take them this year especially if they lose Odom and have a weaker bench
Old 07-29-2009, 02:13 PM   #29
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Spurs
Lakers
Mavs
Denver
Portland
New Orleans
Rockets/Clippers/Warriors

Im going off what I think the seeds will be at the end of the year. And I tell you what.. it was hard for me to put the4 Mavs at three right now. I think any of the teams 4-7 could make a run for that spot as well. It really depends on a lot. Now if Odom stays and/or we get a quality starting center, then this whole thing changes.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #30
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

The hommerism is overflowing the forum bathtub. Dallas is usually never as good as we expect. See last years mock standings.

I put Dallas around 6-7 with 5 and 4 being within reach.

I always lower my expectations. Last year I had Dallas at 8, and it took as the whole season to barely crack 6.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:37 PM   #31
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Due to our age, we probably are a #4 or so for the regular season. I think we can expect our top dogs to miss a few more games than say Denver or LA. Maybe on par with SA.

That said, if we're healthy, the playoffs, I think it can go anyways between SA/Dal/Den with LA one step on everybody without Odom and three steps ahead with Odom.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:48 AM   #32
xavier

xavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the rough

If we can get a damn true center we will have a chance at being in the elite rankings.
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:05 AM   #33
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Lakers
Spurs
Dallas
Denver
Portland
New Orleans
Jazz
Warriors
Old 07-30-2009, 11:16 AM   #34
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Lakers (with Odom), Spurs
Mavs, Nuggets, Blazers, Lakers (without Odom)
Hornets, Jazz (with a crappy Boozer dumping)
#8 open to a lot (Clippers, Suns etc)
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:41 AM   #35
Justin Credible

Question: Why do people seem to not respect Memphis at all? It seems like they've been ready to explode anytime now.

I'm not saying they're going to be title contenders or anything, but I definitely think that a nice playoff run is due for them.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:23 PM   #36
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
Question: Why do people seem to not respect Memphis at all? It seems like they've been ready to explode anytime now.

I'm not saying they're going to be title contenders or anything, but I definitely think that a nice playoff run is due for them.
Zach
Old 07-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #37
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
The hommerism is overflowing the forum bathtub. Dallas is usually never as good as we expect. See last years mock standings.
Yup. And what else can we expect?

This thread was started as some sort of self esteem boosting exercise because someone was sitting around thinking of ways they could reassure themselves about their favorite basketball team. So a thread was started that is basically a "homer" magnet, and the kool aid and good feelings came rushing in.

Let's all high five.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:50 PM   #38
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

All this Spurs ass-kissing is disgusting.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:07 PM   #39
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
All this Spurs ass-kissing is disgusting.
Its called respect (IF they stay healthy)
Old 07-30-2009, 01:18 PM   #40
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Yup. And what else can we expect?

This thread was started as some sort of self esteem boosting exercise because someone was sitting around thinking of ways they could reassure themselves about their favorite basketball team. So a thread was started that is basically a "homer" magnet, and the kool aid and good feelings came rushing in.

Let's all high five.
Which teams are better and why?

The teams that were ahead of us last year were: Lakers, Spurs, Nuggets, Houston and Portland.

I think it's fair to say that we would have passed Houston without even making any moves. I think we've made better and more significant moves than the Blazers and Nuggets. How is suggesting that we might be better than those 3 teams homerism? and I certainly don't think the other teams have done much to pass us, except maybe NO but I think I made my prediction before they made those moves.

Mavs ahead of the Spurs is kind of a toss-up IMO.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thread diarrhea