Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-04-2006, 08:41 AM   #201
TheDiggler

TheDiggler is infamous around these partsTheDiggler is infamous around these parts

^^^^^^^

Quote:
Thats the point... im sure Housten fans would select Tmac ahead of Dirk, I also know I cant find any logical reason behind that but thats fine because im sure they dont see my reasoning either. Im simply questioning his durability and I feel I have a right to at this point. There are several players i'd take over Dirk... like Lebron, Dwight, and Kobe. I wouldnt take Duncan or KG though.....Oh and I cant believe you woul put a list of outsiders on it without Dhoward, Bosh, and Arenas but somehow manage to but JO and Nash on there.
What? Dwight Howard over Dirk? I'm offically through....i can't believe you say that without laughing at yourself. He's young, athletic and powerful.....GREAT. That will get you 17 and 10boards a night and be considered a star with SOME sport writers and fans. Dirk is a SUPERSTAR........Dwight has a LONG way to go, the kid needs a offensive game bad and i'm sure he'll get it, but to say you will take him over Dirk....crazy.

I didn't put Arenas, Bosh and D Howard on that list because they are NOT better than the guys I have on there...I know it's me opinion, but it's really true. You're telling me that you would take D Howard and Bosh over J O'neil? Jermaine is a beast and has proved to be nearly unstopable....inside and out/ both hands around the basket...crazy talent. Arenas is mad talented, but not better than Nash.....he's a better scorer, but Nash is CLEARLY the better player. If Dallas would have found a way to keep him.....ya'll probably could have KEPT those parade routes. lol

Last edited by TheDiggler; 10-04-2006 at 08:44 AM.
TheDiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2006, 09:13 AM   #202
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Is that a broken record I hear? This debate is based soley on homerism from both sides... Yawn...

[please let this thread die!]

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-04-2006 at 09:15 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:47 AM   #203
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDiggler
^^^^^^^

What? Dwight Howard over Dirk? I'm offically through....i can't believe you say that without laughing at yourself. He's young, athletic and powerful.....GREAT. That will get you 17 and 10boards a night and be considered a star with SOME sport writers and fans. Dirk is a SUPERSTAR........Dwight has a LONG way to go, the kid needs a offensive game bad and i'm sure he'll get it, but to say you will take him over Dirk....crazy.

I didn't put Arenas, Bosh and D Howard on that list because they are NOT better than the guys I have on there...I know it's me opinion, but it's really true. You're telling me that you would take D Howard and Bosh over J O'neil? Jermaine is a beast and has proved to be nearly unstopable....inside and out/ both hands around the basket...crazy talent. Arenas is mad talented, but not better than Nash.....he's a better scorer, but Nash is CLEARLY the better player. If Dallas would have found a way to keep him.....ya'll probably could have KEPT those parade routes. lol
You do realize that jermaine oneals post game is about even with dirks right? Im not saying that to compliment dirk either... JO is one of if not the most overrated players in the nba and yes i would take bosh and d12 over him. D12 is based more on potential than anything though.

Remember i said this though, beware the ridiculously talented third year big man. 24 and 12 wouldnt suprise me at all.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:22 AM   #204
TheDiggler

TheDiggler is infamous around these partsTheDiggler is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
You do realize that jermaine oneals post game is about even with dirks right? Im not saying that to compliment dirk either... JO is one of if not the most overrated players in the nba and yes i would take bosh and d12 over him. D12 is based more on potential than anything though.

Remember i said this though, beware the ridiculously talented third year big man. 24 and 12 wouldnt suprise me at all.
Wow!! jermaine oneil is really really good...hard to believe that ya'll don't see this. Inside game is sick.....midrange game 15-18ft is just as good. He and his team were a lil under the radar because of injuries, but that doesn't excluded how talented he is. When D Hoawrd develops a midrange game....he willl be unstoppable, until then....he's just big, talented and young. If you're not Shaq, you can't make a living dunking on people consistantly and be called a superstar.....Teams will find a way to stop you. Ask Amare.
He was a superior talent...then he spent a summer with Tim Duncan. He came back with a 16fter and a star he became. YOU CAN'T STOP HIM NOW....no way to guard him with that inside/outside game.

Last edited by TheDiggler; 10-04-2006 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:38 AM   #205
TheDiggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Is that a broken record I hear? This debate is based soley on homerism from both sides... Yawn...

[please let this thread die!]
Read the last few post Underdog.....we've been talking about the NBA in general.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:49 AM   #206
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wow!! jermaine oneil is really really good...hard to believe that ya'll don't see this. Inside game is sick.....midrange game 15-18ft is just as good. He and his team were a lil under the radar because of injuries, but that doesn't excluded how talented he is. When D Hoawrd develops a midrange game....he willl be unstoppable, until then....he's just big, talented and young. If you're not Shaq, you can't make a living dunking on people consistantly and be called a superstar.....Teams will find a way to stop you. Ask Amare.
He was a superior talent...then he spent a summer with Tim Duncan. He came back with a 16fter and a star he became. YOU CAN'T STOP HIM NOW....no way to guard him with that inside/outside game.
he got a pg is what he got, his jumper was never that good, as for JO i will ask the question i always ask about him, if you think hes so good in the post why does he always shoot the %s he does(until this year)? He is a face up player, not a post player. It amazes me that enough people dont watch his game to actually see this. He has abot the same career fg% as dirk who is universally recognized as a perimeter player

Last edited by Five-ofan; 10-04-2006 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:54 AM   #207
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

So Wells signing with chokecity, right?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:00 AM   #208
TheDiggler

Quote:
he got a pg is what he got, his jumper was never that good, as for JO i will ask the question i always ask about him, if you think hes so good in the post why does he always shoot the %s he does(until this year)? He is a face up player, not a post player. It amazes me that enough people dont watch his game to actually see this. He has abot the same career fg% as dirk who is universally recognized as a perimeter player
Come on....give Amare some credit. lol That jumper is God awful ugly....but he developed one and it opened his game something ridiculous.

JO starts in post more times than not...( watch a lot of Pacer games courtesy of league pass) he starts with his back to basket and reverse pivot a lot. Most of his 80% of his damage is done within 8ft from the basket....that's a inside game, but he settles for 15fter when that shoulder bothered him last season....I understand what you're saying though
Old 10-04-2006, 11:01 AM   #209
TheDiggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
So Wells signing with chokecity, right?
signed and delivered.......why do we have to be chokecity man? lol June wasn't that far away...you remember June huh?
Old 10-04-2006, 11:08 AM   #210
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
signed and delivered.......why do we have to be chokecity man? lol June wasn't that far away...you remember June huh?
Yeah...I had an amazing June...I remember the Mavs taking games 1 and 2...and then...for some strange reason....I have no more memory of the month....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-04-2006, 11:13 AM   #211
TheDiggler

Quote:
Yeah...I had an amazing June...I remember the Mavs taking games 1 and 2...and then...for some strange reason....I have no more memory of the month....
lol....I understand. Atleast you got there man. Let's start over and run it again
Old 10-04-2006, 11:14 AM   #212
sike
The Preacha

sounds good

chokecity

Old 10-04-2006, 11:23 AM   #213
TheDiggler

I'm sorry.....I didn't hear that last part lol
Old 10-04-2006, 08:27 PM   #214
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
^^^^^^^

Laughing at myself? Its called potential, and thats todays lesson. So you would pick Lebron over Tmac and Dirk based on "what he will become" but cant seem to grasp the concept of Dwights, Wades, Boshs, Arenas, even Melo's potential? I'm strongly convinced of D12's ability and whether you want to agree with it or not I would take him over Dirk and especially Tmac for the years he has left to improve into a monster. You obviously havent taken his age into consideration and improvement over his two season. Its not a secret I value talented youth with poetntial, and everyone listed above fits that category. I certainly wouldnt pick Nash ahead of Arenas at this point (laugh at yourself for that one man), wouldnt even consider it... its a miracle hes been playing at the level he has been over the last two years but hes in his 30's, Arenas is the better selection keeping everything in mind... I mean he has improved his scoring every single year hes been in the league (although I would be shocked if he could continue the trend this coming season).

And yes... you highly overate JO, its ridiculous that you would take him over a younger Bosh (who already does virtually the same things plus his future upside) and Howard is already a better defender by my estimate, his offense will come no question. If anything Bosh is the one who is uderated, everyone forgets him in that star studded class for some reason and im not sure why.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:55 AM   #215
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

I'm sorry.....I didn't hear that last part lol
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/P...rophyroom.html

check and mate.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:58 AM   #216
Five-ofan
Guru

A video we can all get some positive from...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyzN5...elated&search=
Old 10-12-2006, 01:14 PM   #217
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I love that video
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:23 PM   #218
Five-ofan
Guru

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThyXo...elated&search=

This one is ALL of dirks points from that game but i didnt feel it was write to leave tmac out. I do love that someone used the song they used for this one and the part at the begining is just funny.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:20 PM   #219
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThyXo...elated&search=

This one is ALL of dirks points from that game but i didnt feel it was write to leave tmac out. I do love that someone used the song they used for this one and the part at the begining is just funny.
Sweet video.... I counted 20 free throws.

Who is that guy? I think he's pretty good.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:35 PM   #220
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I remember going to a parade, I think......but then I woke up in the bathroom on the floor.... mmmm vodka.....
Old 11-13-2006, 08:52 AM   #221
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
If houston gets him, they would be better off going after reggie evans or someone like that though im not a big evans fan and then convincing tmac to be a distributor and not a scorer. Turn him back into Raptor tmac on defense. It would take alot to get him to buy in but if he did, that team would scare the hell out of me...

Tmac
Wells
Battier
Evans
Ming

Let Yao carry the scoring until tmac takes over later(much like the lakers with kobe and shaq) and let tmac play pg while turning him back into the great defender he is quite capable of being. THAT would scare the crap out of me. Rolling with Rafer, Tmac, Battier, Wells, Ming? Not so much...
They dont do exactly that, they roll with Alston/head, Tmac, Battier, Hayes, Ming or when Hayes went down/is on the bench, wells but the main point was make tmac the distributor and yao the scorer, they have done that, which scares the hell out of me to be honest.

Edit- The difference is they go with an extra shooter instead of the pf when hayes is out. Due to Yaos dominance, that is ok.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 11-13-2006 at 08:55 AM.