Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-25-2009, 07:17 PM   #41
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Nellie will be thrilled to have Curry...perfect fit for him
Old 06-25-2009, 07:19 PM   #42
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Knicks fans seem as pissed as us Mavs fans are. Didn't think it was possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:24 PM   #43
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

My gut tells me that the Knicks picked up a good one in Jordan Hill. My first impression is a young Akeem...perhaps because of how little organized basketball the guy has played. His UPSIDE is pretty huge. The guy looks like a serious baller.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:34 PM   #44
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Very VERY guard heavy early...it's gonna shift eventually.

We'll get a PG, I DEMAND Maynor, haha.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #45
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I think Brandon Jennings is one of the more interesting players in the draft. I like some of his Youtube highlights, but it sounds like there is a bit of a knucklehead factor with him. I wonder what's going to become of him.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:41 PM   #46
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

As I watch this draft, the thing that sticks out to me is how OLD the Mavs are.

We look like a team holding on and perhaps on a slow decline...when will we see a comitment to a youth movement?
Old 06-25-2009, 07:42 PM   #47
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Minny has a really weird situation going on with Rubio and Flynn. The thought seems to be that one of them will be moved and soo far its seems like it will be Rubio.

Would it make sense for Mavs to try to pull something off here??

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:44 PM   #48
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
As I watch this draft, the thing that sticks out to me is how OLD the Mavs are.

We look like a team holding on and perhaps on a slow decline...when will we see a comitment to a youth movement?
Wait, this isn't the Political Arena - when did you suddenly start giving a damn about the Mavs?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:45 PM   #49
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
Minny has a really weird situation going on with Rubio and Flynn. The thought seems to be that one of them will be moved and soo far its seems like it will be Rubio.

With Minnesota? No...I don't see it.
They don't want Damp, they probably don't care about Stack anymore.

Jet or Josh? I don't think that's happening
Old 06-25-2009, 07:46 PM   #50
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post

What about this offseason makes sense so far?

Last edited by Underdog; 06-25-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:47 PM   #51
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
What about this offseason makes sense so far?
If we get Maynor...it will make sense.
Sigh, I really want him on this team.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:48 PM   #52
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
What have you seen so far this offseason that makes sense?
Sooo is that a YES....lol

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:49 PM   #53
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
If we get Maynor...it will make sense.
Sigh, I really want him on this team.
We have a long way to go until pick #24...

Old 06-25-2009, 07:52 PM   #54
BGMaverick9
Guru

WOW! That seems like a stretch for Psycho T...but good for him.
Man, Indy needs a new PG and they avoided them in a PG heavy draft.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #55
92bDad
Platinum Member

less than an hour until the Mavs pick
Old 06-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #56
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

fwiw my contact in the mavs organization texted me the name sam young when i asked for hint on what the mavs might do at 24...could've been blowing smoke though...

Last edited by XERXES; 06-25-2009 at 07:54 PM.
XERXES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:54 PM   #57
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Indiana is the whitest team in the NBA wow.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:01 PM   #58
92bDad
Platinum Member

Sam Young looks interesting...cool tip, I got to burn a few minutes searching the web. Looks like he could replace Howard, and thus we can use Howard as trade bait???
Old 06-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #59
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

How can that cat be 6-10 and under 200 pounds? Seriously, someone needs to lock him in the weight room with all-you-can-eat Taco Bell.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 06-25-2009, 08:06 PM   #60
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Dickie V always sounds like he's on the verge of totally losing it.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:07 PM   #61
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Dickie V always sounds like he's on the verge of totally losing it.
On the verge?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 06-25-2009, 08:08 PM   #62
BGMaverick9
Guru

That was a good joke by JVG about Prince looking like the Hulk now compared to Daye
Old 06-25-2009, 08:09 PM   #63
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Think of all the legendary bench pressing contests that will go down in Detroit.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 06-25-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:10 PM   #64
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

A kickboxer who must be more physical? Interesting.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 06-25-2009, 08:10 PM   #65
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
On the verge?
Touche.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 06-25-2009, 08:13 PM   #66
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Think of all the legendary bench pressing contests that will go down in Detroit.
lol

oooh man I needed a good laugh.

back to thoughts of "Fire Donnie"

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:13 PM   #67
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Dang it. Green room is now empty.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 06-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #68
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

So anybody wishing we didn't trade the 22nd yet? I'd like to see us get Maynor

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:16 PM   #69
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
So anybody wishing we didn't trade the 22nd yet? I'd like to see us get Maynor
Yeah, Lawson and Maynor still on the board, I'd feel a lot better about getting one of them with the 22nd instead of the 24th.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 06-25-2009, 08:16 PM   #70
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Teague, Lawson AND Maynor have not been picked yet.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-25-2009 at 08:17 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #71
BGMaverick9
Guru

Lawson will be one of the picks for sure...it's 50/50 on if someone likes Teague more than Maynor. If that's the case, we'll get him.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #72
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Of course with the way the Timberwolves are going, one of them will be gone after this pick.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 06-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #73
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, I love Lawson, but 3 PG's for Minny...umm...
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #74
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

WTF???

What on earth is Minnesota doing?!?!

So who are they trading with?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #75
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Teague, Lawson AND Maynor have not been picked yet.
nice jynx
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #76
BGMaverick9
Guru

what the hell...
Old 06-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #77
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Are the T-Wolves just trying to corner the market on point guards? What the heck.

As someone who wants Maynor, this ain't good. I was hoping Sacto would pick Lawson.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 06-25-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:20 PM   #78
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Hahahahaha, what are the Timberwolves doing? Are they trying to field a team of point guards?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 06-25-2009, 08:20 PM   #79
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Other than Rubio, the T-pups are making stupid picks. Three PG's?

I think Donnie and Cuban are pulling the strings in Minnesota too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:20 PM   #80
BGMaverick9
Guru

Kahn: We need PGs!

Minnesota Lacky: We drafted two already.

Kahn: Did you hear me? We need PGs.

Tags
mavs = eurochampions, tariq abdul wahad, whatwasthepointofthat