Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-27-2021, 01:18 PM   #841
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
*sigh* At this point, I'm ready to dump him for just about ANYTHING and be done with it. Keeping him just feels like sunk cost.
Do you, in fact, understand the difference between a 'sunk cost' and a 'distressed asset'?
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2021, 01:30 PM   #842
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Do you, in fact, understand the difference between a 'sunk cost' and a 'distressed asset'?
I'm certainly open to a new perspective on this, but I think sunk cost fits better where the Mavs stand. We are not getting value paid on this guy and the vibe to me is they aren't willing to let him go for much less. We don't need immediate influx for him so we're just sitting on it hoping he increases his value to better justify what we spent and at that point unless it's still not a great fit here, then we get much more for him.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 01:53 PM   #843
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It could be either.

The Mavs must feel they have a sunk cost dilemma because they have to decide to continue with him or try to salvage what they can. They most likely won't get the same type of return on him as they invested no matter how long they hold on to him imo. He might not become a complete sunk cost but if they have to give up assets to move him that is exactly what he'd be. This could be a much worse version of TAW if his injuries become so severe that he can't play, or worse, play and make us a worse team.

However if they feel there is high probability they can rehab him back to what he was or better, he'd be merely a distressed asset in his current state.
So you are correct that he is a distressed asset at the moment but the Mavs are certainly in a sunk cost dilemma because it appears that every injury no matter how severe is decreasing his value both on the floor and as a trade asset.

At least that is my understanding of the situation.

Last edited by rimrocker; 02-27-2021 at 02:01 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 02:31 PM   #844
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
This is some major conjecture with no basis in reality. We have no idea what Luka’s thoughts regarding his coaches and teammates are. He definitely deserves a major say as a once in a lifetime franchise guy, however to state that either we keep him or Carlisle is pure speculation.
I posted an OPINION. Believe what you want. Luka is a winner, and he'll never have problems earning money in his NBA career. He strikes me more as a guy who wants to win and enjoy doing it. The money will take care of itself. Careers have a limited shelf-life. If one has aspirations to be an all-time great, then it is up to that individual to make sure he does the best he can to put himself in the best situation possible imo. For Luka, is that with the Mavs? I have my doubts. People seem to conveniently forget how great Luka is. The past couple of years, guys look a whole lot better for having played with Luka than had there been some other point guard on the team. The same can be said for RC and his coaching. His coaching sure looks a whole lot better when he's got a budding superstar in Luka as well as when he had prime Dirk. jmho

Last edited by turin; 02-27-2021 at 02:32 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 02:41 PM   #845
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you, in fact, know the difference between asking an honest question in the interest of discussion and being a condescending ass?
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 02:43 PM   #846
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is some major conjecture with no basis in reality. We have no idea what Luka’s thoughts regarding his coaches and teammates are. He definitely deserves a major say as a once in a lifetime franchise guy, however to state that either we keep him or Carlisle is pure speculation.
This.
Old 02-27-2021, 06:27 PM   #847
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Still think it's a fake rumor?

NBA Central
@TheNBACentral
·
4h
"No matter what you’re hearing, they say keep an eye on Kristaps Porzingis. He is somebody that Dallas is shopping. Because of salary, injuries, and as one scout said 'high maintenance issues.'"

- Marc J. Spears
(Via ESPN’s The Jump)
Of course i still think it because Woj or Shams STILL didnt write anything about it. I couldnt care less what Spears says on the waste of time of a show like "The Jump".

Again, its IMPOSSIBLE that the Mavs are shopping KP without Woj and Sham knowing and writing about it.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 06:38 PM   #848
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Of course i still think it because Woj or Shams STILL didnt write anything about it. I couldnt care less what Spears says on the waste of time of a show like "The Jump".

Again, its IMPOSSIBLE that the Mavs are shopping KP without Woj and Sham knowing and writing about it.
They actually had woj on the jump a few days ago.

and while he didn't say it was true when asked about this rumor he didn't exactly shoot it down either.

He basically just said something to the effects that he doesn't expect the Mavs to stand pat.

But as I mentioned earlier I think the Mavs should keep KP and explore getting themselves a more consistent 2nd or 3rd option to pair with him and Luka.

I now Buddy Heild has struggled this year and he might be the only realistic option they can get. I'm just not sure with the way he's been playing if that would help the Mavs at all.

Last edited by Dallas41; 02-27-2021 at 06:41 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 06:51 PM   #849
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

I also found a few more interesting tweets

@RicBucher
— Dallas can't contend for a title with the Luka-Porziņģis pairing:

"If they can move Porziņģis, I say you do it. I do not want to grow old with Kristaps Porziņģis' contract."

Mahomeboy Russ
@Home_Brodie23

Replying to
@undisputed
and
@RicBucher
Ric speaking facts foreal🗣Hundred points symbol Porzingis ain’t working out wit Luka and is way too 3pt shot reliant for a 7’3 big man so
@mcuban
might as well just send him our way
@danielrainge
Shamrocksince Luka likes Kemba’s smilling a$$ I think Man shruggingGrinning face with smiling eyesGrinning
Old 02-27-2021, 07:11 PM   #850
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Ric Bucher, one of the biggest clowns...
Oh help

Last edited by sefant77; 02-27-2021 at 07:11 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 08:25 PM   #851
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

It is very possible if certain reporters are being used as mouthpieces for KP's brother for example
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 11:39 PM   #852
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Welp. Sign KP to 10 more years. Double super max him.

Old 02-27-2021, 11:56 PM   #853
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Welp. Sign KP to 10 more years. Double super max him.
I am beginning to think that Cuban will have to make a decision between Porzingis and Carlisle soon
Old 02-28-2021, 05:02 PM   #854
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

For all the talk about firing Carlisle and how utterly horrible and incompetent Cuban and Donnie are, and we're going to lose Luka because of their incompetence... I honestly think almost everything negative about the Mavs' prospects can be traced back to Porzingis.

A few weeks ago, the Mavs seemed like they were in freefall, and it seemed like Carlisle has lost the team. I said then that if things didn't improve soon, it might be time to move on. But guess what? Things improved. The Mavs have won 7 of their last 9 games, and morale seems to be infinitely better. You can't tell me coaching has nothing to do with this. Yes, Luka carries the team on his back, but Carlisle must be doing something right also.

As for the roster problems and the team being lousy outside of Luka... well, again, I feel like it comes back to Porzingis not being the guy we need him to be. We can complain about how horrible it was for the Mavs to have made the trade for KP in the first place, but that's totally revisionist. Everyone on this forum and in the entire basketball world thought at the time that it was a genius move for the Mavs and yet another idiotic disaster for the Knicks. We gave up two draft picks, and a guy who didn't fit with Luka, wasn't part of our long terms plans, and has pretty much washed out of the NBA entirely. The KP trade was NOT seen as some high-risk, swing-for-the-fences, all-in type of deal. Quite the opposite. It seemed incredibly low risk at the time. Signing KP to the max in retrospect seems like a disaster, but again, not so at the time.

I'm not saying the MBT has done some kind of amazing job- the Josh Green pick looks like a waste- but they've hardly been terrible either. The truth is, building an NBA title contender is really frigging hard, and requires a LOT of good luck. The Mavs, sadly, ran into some really bad luck with Porzingis.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 02-28-2021 at 05:27 PM.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:04 PM   #855
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm not saying the MBT has done some kind of amazing job- the Josh Green pick looks like a waste- but they've hardly been terrible either. The truth is, building an NBA title contender is really frigging hard, and requires a LOT of good luck. The Mavs, sadly, ran into some really bad luck with Porzingis.
Why was Green a bad pick?

I'm just curious as to why people feel this way.

My feeling is he's a good player very active on defense and does a great job on offense in terms of moving without the ball.

I felt like when he was getting minutes doing the covid situation he actually got better game by game.

But IMO I just don't think RC gave him that much rope as a rookie. On most other rosters I think he would be getting 10-12 MPG every night.

I fully expect Green to turn out to be a solid NBA rotation player down the road.

As for KP, I just think it's a matter of him staying healthy and also the Mavs need to keep him engaged offensively early in games. He has a tendency to venture outside all game if the Mavs aren't calling set plays for him.

That Brooklyn game was more like a blue print as to how he should be used but I know because this a 3-point happy team we may not see KP utilized that way moving forward.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:16 PM   #856
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Why was Green a bad pick?

I'm just curious as to why people feel this way.

My feeling is he's a good player very active on defense and does a great job on offense in terms of moving without the ball.

I felt like when he was getting minutes doing the covid situation he actually got better game by game.

But IMO I just don't think RC gave him that much rope as a rookie. On most other rosters I think he would be getting 10-12 MPG every night.

I fully expect Green to turn out to be a solid NBA rotation player down the road.

As for KP, I just think it's a matter of him staying healthy and also the Mavs need to keep him engaged offensively early in games. He has a tendency to venture outside all game if the Mavs aren't calling set plays for him.

That Brooklyn game was more like a blue print as to how he should be used but I know because this a 3-point happy team we may not see KP utilized that way moving forward.
I'll be honest. I haven't seen him play more than the rare minute or two here and there he got for the Mavs this season. He might end up being a fine player. I have no idea. I just know that DNP's in the G-league don't look good, particularly when other players drafted after him are thriving.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 02-28-2021 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:21 PM   #857
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
As for KP, I just think it's a matter of him staying healthy
That has always been KP's problem, and I'm convinced that it always will be. He has missed, what, 40% of his NBA career? I hope I'm wrong, but so far in his Mavs' career, my most pessimistic expectations for his health have been exceeded. Some guys are just injury prone. Ridiculously tall guys like him usually are. (And anyone who says otherwise is wrong. Seriously, I'm not having that argument again with anyone.)

And I'm afraid that Bubble KP is probably gone forever. I just don't think you can have surgery on both knees without losing some mobility.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:12 AM   #858
taibumu

taibumu will become famous soon enoughtaibumu will become famous soon enough

Quote:
That has always been KP's problem, and I'm convinced that it always will be. He has missed, what, 40% of his NBA career? I hope I'm wrong, but so far in his Mavs' career, my most pessimistic expectations for his health have been exceeded. Some guys are just injury prone. Ridiculously tall guys like him usually are. (And anyone who says otherwise is wrong. Seriously, I'm not having that argument again with anyone.)

And I'm afraid that Bubble KP is probably gone forever. I just don't think you can have surgery on both knees without losing some mobility.
You are wrong. The most important player in Europe in the defensive way Eddie Tavares is as tall as KP and he is always available.

Enviado desde mi Mi 10 mediante Tapatalk
taibumu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 07:24 PM   #859
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibumu View Post
You are wrong. The most important player in Europe in the defensive way Eddie Tavares is as tall as KP and he is always available.

Enviado desde mi Mi 10 mediante Tapatalk
There are rare exceptions, but they are indeed the exceptions. And even IF there was no correlation between height and injury, it's moot when it comes to KP. KP is injury prone, regardless of whether or not it's related to his height.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:54 PM   #860
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Some guys are just injury prone. Ridiculously tall guys like him usually are. (And anyone who says otherwise is wrong. Seriously, I'm not having that argument again with anyone.)
And I say you are wrong about 7’3” guys being more injury prone. I have done research that says otherwise. And seriously - don’t start the argument up again if you don’t want to argue the point
Old 03-01-2021, 08:59 PM   #861
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
And I say you are wrong about 7’3” guys being more injury prone. I have done research that says otherwise.
History is not on your side. But whatever.

Quote:
And seriously - don’t start the argument up again if you don’t want to argue the point
Nah, I'll say it whenever I feel like it, thank you.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-01-2021 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:20 PM   #862
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
History is not on your side. But whatever.

Nah, I'll say it whenever I feel like it, thank you.
I think you don't understand the phrase, correlation is not causation. But whatever

Say it whenever you want to. I'll be your huckleberry
Old 03-01-2021, 09:43 PM   #863
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
I think you don't understand the phrase, correlation is not causation. But whatever.
I understand it exactly. Do you? It's actually hilarious that you bring it up, because that's exactly what I was thinking when you responded. You mentioning it undermines your argument because it actually concedes that there IS a correlation. Saying that correlation is not causation does not mean that there is no correlation. It means that merely that it isn't definitively proven that one thing is the cause of the other. And that is absolutely true. It isn't definitively proven, and I certainly can't prove that really, really tall players are injury prone. There have been no real scientific studies on this to my knowledge. But correlation IS a form of evidence, and it is suggestive of causation, if not definitive proof of it.

Quote:
Say it whenever you want to. I'll be your huckleberry
Good. Because I'm saying it again. There absolutely 100% is a correlation between being extremely tall and being injury prone. If you say otherwise, you are absolutely wrong.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-01-2021 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:47 PM   #864
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
. Ridiculously tall guys like him usually are. (And anyone who says otherwise is wrong.
For the record, these were the exact words I used. Usually. Not always. Usually. If you really want to maintain that that's just a coincidence, fine. But you are definitely in the minority.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:05 PM   #865
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
The same can be said for RC and his coaching. His coaching sure looks a whole lot better when he's got a budding superstar in Luka as well as when he had prime Dirk. jmho
I think that's true of every coach in every sport, ever. The best coaches tend to be the coaches with the best players.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:16 PM   #866
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
I understand it exactly. Do you? It's actually hilarious that you bring it up, because that's exactly what I was thinking when you responded. You mentioning it undermines your argument because it actually concedes that there IS a correlation. Saying that correlation is not causation does not mean that there is no correlation. It means that merely that it isn't definitively proven that one thing is the cause of the other. And that is absolutely true. It isn't definitively proven, and I certainly can't prove that really, really tall players are injury prone. There have been no real scientific studies on this to my knowledge. But correlation IS a form of evidence, and it is suggestive of causation, if not definitive proof of it.

Good. Because I'm saying it again. There absolutely 100% is a correlation between being extremely tall and being injury prone. If you say otherwise, you are absolutely wrong.
I don't think you understand

I do not believe that there is ANY connection between being 7'3" tall and being frequently injured. You do

I am saying even if there is a correlation between being 7'3" tall and being frequently injured (there's not) that doesn't mean that the CAUSE of the alleged injury-prone nature of this players is the fact that they are 7'3"

There can be no evidence that proves this because there have only been 26 players EVER play in the NBA that were 7'3" or taller. The sample group is TOO SMALL to prove anything

So again, you are absolutely wrong and your opinion is in the minority. And for someone who doesn't want to start this argument, you sure do wind it up

But you are right that KP is injury prone
Old 03-11-2021, 06:35 PM   #867
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Last 10 Games for KP....

7 Games Played
29.9 MPG
21.6 PPG on 51.9 FG%, 38.6 3P%, and 81.3 FT%
8.6 RPG
1.0 APG
1.0 BPG
.6 SPG
1.1 Turnovers

look whether he'll continue to be relatively healthy and effective remains to be seen, but the flak he gets is ridiculous... I swear some fans would rather be right about their opinion of him than see this team succeed with him.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:36 PM   #868
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Last 10 Games for KP....

7 Games Played
29.9 MPG
8.6 RPG
1.0 APG
1.0 BPG
.6 SPG
1.1 Turnovers

look whether he'll continue to be relatively healthy and effective remains to be seen, but the flak he gets is ridiculous... I swear some fans would rather be right about their opinion of him than see this team succeed with him.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:56 PM   #869
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

KP will make or break this team with his defense and rebounding
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 10:03 PM   #870
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Last 10 Games for KP....

7 Games Played
29.9 MPG
8.6 RPG
1.0 APG
1.0 BPG
.6 SPG
1.1 Turnovers

I agree

He takes a lot of heat on here.

I've always stood my opinion that with KP and Luka the Mavs can be contenders but what they lack is someone better than THJ or Brunson on this roster as 3rd wheel.

As far as injuries those things do happen and he was unfortunate. But people tend to forget Anthony Davis seemed to always miss games with injuries and the media really never called him injury prone.

Last edited by Dallas41; 03-11-2021 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-12-2021, 02:00 AM   #871
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
. But people tend to forget Anthony Davis seemed to always miss games with injuries and the media really never called him injury prone.
We must consume very different media then, because AD has always had that reputation.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:41 PM   #872
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
I am beginning to think that Cuban will have to make a decision between Porzingis and Carlisle soon
I feel the same way as Cuban that KP is a top 20 player in this league.

But I disagree with Cuban that the Mavs can still challenge by standing pat.

"Patient, because you saw what KP could be last night. We're seeing more of that. It takes time. I mean, look at [Brooklyn Nets forward Kevin Durant], different injury, but you gotta be patient. Particularly this year. I mean, it's just such a crazy year. We got hit by a COVID outbreak really bad, and that impacted our season, and everybody was panicking and saying you gotta do A, B or C.

"We don't, we have a good team. KP is showing what KP is. He's a great top-20 player. And so we're just going to be patient. We have a good team. There's no reason to panic or do anything."
Old 03-12-2021, 10:48 PM   #873
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I feel the same way as Cuban that KP is a top 20 player in this league.

But I disagree with Cuban that the Mavs can still challenge by standing pat.

"Patient, because you saw what KP could be last night. We're seeing more of that. It takes time. I mean, look at [Brooklyn Nets forward Kevin Durant], different injury, but you gotta be patient. Particularly this year. I mean, it's just such a crazy year. We got hit by a COVID outbreak really bad, and that impacted our season, and everybody was panicking and saying you gotta do A, B or C.

"We don't, we have a good team. KP is showing what KP is. He's a great top-20 player. And so we're just going to be patient. We have a good team. There's no reason to panic or do anything."
I'm not even sure about top 20 player. He has top 15 potential though.

Old 03-13-2021, 12:42 PM   #874
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

You people are high or something. KP isn't a top 40 player, let alone top 20.
Old 03-13-2021, 12:44 PM   #875
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You people are high or something. KP isn't a top 40 player, let alone top 20.
I'd MAYBE put him in the top 50
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 11:11 PM   #876
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I'd MAYBE put him in the top 50
He hasn’t been a too 50 player this season. I put him in the top 50 because of his ability but not because of actual current year production.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 11:18 PM   #877
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
He hasn’t been a too 50 player this season. I put him in the top 50 because of his ability but not because of actual current year production.
So your saying there's 50 players this year averaging 21 PPG, 9 Rebounds and 2 Blocks while shooting 48% from the FG & 35% from 3 with a per of 21.50?
Old 03-15-2021, 05:47 AM   #878
Unicorn

Unicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really nice

Quote:
So your saying there's 50 players this year averaging 21 PPG, 9 Rebounds and 2 Blocks while shooting 48% from the FG & 35% from 3 with a per of 21.50?
Today he is in top 32 in scoring, top 17 in rebounds, top 8 in Blocks
Old 03-15-2021, 05:59 AM   #879
Unicorn

Unicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Old 03-15-2021, 10:58 AM   #880
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
Quote:

This. We as fans collectively lack patience and for some reason Mavs fans seem especially prone to cynicism and undervaluing their own players.