Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-19-2001, 01:31 AM   #1
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

O.k. so Richmond states he would play for either the Mavs, Lakers, or Orlando(i think it was orlando) for the 4.5 mill. exception. I say if im Cuban i run the otherway . . . two old, wouldn't find time behind Findawg, well on second thought .... Nash, Finley, Eisly, Richmond, Dirk ... thats some fuckin small ball. Maxwell wouldn't be here next year either ... i think though old mitch is a bit lacking on the "D" to justify his signing, and 35.
Old 03-19-2001, 10:45 AM   #2
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

for the 4.5 mil exeption, I would take Richmond unless a big man in the mold of one of the Davis's is available for that amount. He would add some punch off of the bench, and he's been around, so as long as he is good in the locker room, I don't see any problem signing him.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 11:13 AM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Did he say he would sign for the exception or for the $1 million veteran's minimum? I don't remember. Whatever the case, he'd be a solid pickup for the Mavs. I'd much rather have him backing up Finley then Alexander. With Juwan out of Washington, Richmond's now leading the team in scoring. The team sucks but he's still an above average player. What more could you ask for in a backup?

I hope the Mavs first look to use their exception on a big, rebounding body or pg though.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 12:21 PM   #4
IZZO

IZZO is on a distinguished road

the mavs will be going for someone like Strickland...a very solid defender that can guard the point guard and shooting guard. they almost certainly won't bring in an average defender like richmond. we already have mitch richmond on the team, his name is michael finley(sorry, just a joke).
the mavs will probably try to sign and trade trent to a team so that they can get their depth at the backup point guard and 2 guard position. another area they might look to make some improvements is by signing a monster in the middle...someone with alot of size, like maybe one of the davis's. i don't think either of those two will be here next year, but it will be someone with similar skills
Old 03-19-2001, 02:09 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

With ya again IZZO. I'd much rather have Strick's defense and energy over Richmond. Mitch is primarily an offensive SG. (Don't we have enough scorers). But he's not a very good defender. Strick can bring you great defense and even some offense at both SG and PG.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote