Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-21-2001, 08:18 AM   #1
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I said it before and lastnight was an example. If Bradley doesn't play physical and give us an inside presence we won't go far in the playoffs at all. Howard did a good job, but he can't do it by himself inside. Last night was one of my biggest fears with Dirk, he's a great outside shooter and he has the ability to drive to the basket however he should also develop a much better low post game. Bradley has to get more physical down there. If he can get strong down there, and keep people from the low post, the Mavericks are going to be fine. Lastnight was an example that we can't rely solely on outside shooting.
Finley (9-22) Dirk (5-15) Nash (2-12). That's 33% from our main three jump shooters, that won't cut it.
Old 03-21-2001, 08:47 AM   #2
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

From the highlights on sportscenter that I saw, Bradley totally backed down on the defensive end. I agree, he definitely needs to step it up.
Old 03-21-2001, 09:23 AM   #3
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Bradley was in foul trouble the entire second half - which might have led to him playing conservative on defense. He is not a very good one on one defender, and I was suprised to see him defending Wallace as much as he did. Still, the Mavs clamped down hard on the Blazers in the first quarter - due in large part to Bradley. If he could have kept out of foul trouble, I'd bet he could have done much of the same in the second half as well.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote