Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-20-2005, 01:09 PM   #1
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of
Default 'Ali G' star's Kazakhstan Web site yanked

'Ali G' star's Kazakhstan Web site yanked

''Da Ali G Show'' star Sacha Baron Cohen has pushed Kazakhstan too far.

The comedian, whose alter ego Borat is a sexist and crass Kazakh reporter, has angered the country enough to have his Borat Web site taken down, report news sources.

Cohen first developed his character Borat, among other characters, on ''Da Ali G Show.'' Borat is portrayed as an oversexed reporter who speaks broken English, makes lascivious comments and often crosses the line politically. In November, Cohen hosted the MTV Europe Music Awards in Lisbon in character and talked about shooting dogs for recreation and claimed that his wife couldn't leave Kazakhstan since she's female.

The country's authorities threatened to sue Cohen, to which Borat responded on his Web site, http://www.borat.kz, ''I have no connection to Mr. Cohen and fully support my government's position to sue this Jew.''

On the site he also added, ''Please, captain of industry, I invite you to come to Kazakhstan, where we have incredible natural resources, hard working labor and some of the cleanest prostitutes in all of Central Asia.''

It was confirmed that his site was pulled on Tuesday.

''We've done this so he can't badmouth Kazakhstan under the .kz domain name,'' says Nurlan Isin, president of the Association of Kazakh IT Companies. ''He can go and do whatever he wants at other domains.''

Besides the controversial content, the Borat site also violated new rules of the .kz domain, including registering under false names and maintaining two computer servers.

As Borat, Cohen has offended numerous people, since he doesn't let on that his act is part of a prank. In January, he caused a ruckus when he butchered the national anthem and made incendiary comments as Borat at a rodeo in Salem, Va. In July, Borat made an appearance to infiltrate the home of a Southern aristocratic family to imply they were racist and supportive of slavery. A month later, he crashed a wedding Pamela Anderson gave for her dogs.

Cohen, 34, was last seen as an animated lemur in DreamWorks' ''Madagascar.''

Link: http://www.sltrib.com/faith/ci_3317379

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto

Last edited by Arne; 12-20-2005 at 01:11 PM.
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2005, 01:18 PM   #2
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Here's Ali's response:

http://www.borat.tv/responsevideo.html

Genius...

Oh, here is his webiste: http://www.borat.tv

And his other homepage: http://www.disbealig.com/

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto

Last edited by Arne; 12-20-2005 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:41 PM   #3
Arne
Golden Member

This is what his "Tranzlata" gives me, when I give it the Salt Lake Tribune Article:

'ali g' star's kazakhstan web site yanked''da ali g show'' star sacha baron cohun as pushed kazakhstan too far. da comedian, whose alta ego borat is a sexist and crass kazakh reporta, as angered da turf enough to ave is borat web site takun down, report news sources.

cohun first developed is characta borat, among udda characters, on ''da ali g show.'' borat is portrayed as an oversexed reporta who speaks brokun english, makes lascivious comments and oftun crosses da line politically. in novemba, cohun osted da mtv europe tunes awards in lisbon in characta and talked about shootin aminals fa recreation and claimed dat is bitch couldn't leave kazakhstan since she's bitch.

da turf's authorities threatened to sue cohun, to which borat responded on is web site, ''i ave no connection to mr. cohun and fully elp my government's position to sue dis jew.''

on da site he also added, ''please, captain of industry, i invite yous to come to kazakhstan, where we ave incredible natural resources, ard angin laba and some of da cleanest prostitutes in all of central asia.''

it was confirmed dat is site was pulled on tuesday. ''we've done dis so he can't badmouf kazakhstan unda da .kz domain name,'' says nurlan isin, president of da association of kazakh it companies. ''he can go and do whateva he digs at udda domains.''

besides da controversial content, da borat site also violated new rules of da .kz domain, includin registerin unda false names and maintainin two poota servers.

as borat, cohun as offended numerous people, since he doesn't let on dat is act is part of a prank. in january, he caused a ruckus whun he butchered da national anthem and made incendiary comments as borat at a rodeo in salem, va. in july, borat made an appearance to infiltrate da westside of a southern aristocratic crew to imply dey were racalist and supportive of slavery. a monf lata, he crashed a weddin pamela anderson gave fa a aminals.

cohun, 34, was last checked as an animated lemur in dreamworks' ''madagascar.''

I love this Tranzlata...

Old 12-20-2005, 02:23 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:30 PM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne

Here's Ali's response:

http://www.borat.tv/responsevideo.html

Genius...
oh my gosh....this guy is amazing!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:16 PM   #6
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

comic genius.