Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 09-18-2002, 07:07 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Interested in becoming dallas-mavs.com's newest Moderator/s?

For those interested, send a PM(Private Message) to me(ROB W R) describing...

"Why YOU want to become the newest d-m.com moderator"?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2002, 07:09 PM   #2
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

what are the perks besides being able to put "Golden Pimp" or "Diamond Member" next to your name??

3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 07:12 PM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

6 figures [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] .

Old 09-18-2002, 07:22 PM   #4
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

the perks are people gripe at you every time someone hurts their feeeewings...

..and you get to spend all your time on the board trying to figure out if each person who can't spell or can't talk without getting into an argument is D77 or JoeJoe, which is impossible.. grrr.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

but other than that, hell, it's a joy! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

seriously though, things are gonna start getting back to normal in another few weeks and we've been growing like a weed as it is, so we could use a good soul or two to give us some help [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

it's not a source of power, not a way to make everyone like you.... don't get on that. you know what it is? it's like being the hall monitor. dj owns the site, the rest of us are just janitors.. here to clean up the mess and hope that the users don't notice the dirt and grime on the floors.

so.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] who's down?
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 07:32 PM   #5
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

this is the stuff dreams are made of!

well my dreams anyway [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Oh and Rhylan, I'm an expert as spotting D77, he's always
the guy who can't go two posts with out abusing me. haha

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 07:51 PM   #6
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

well, the bad thing is that these guys don't give up easily.

and sometimes they're obvious, and sometimes they're not. they always *eventually* become obvious, but sometimes you have to wait and make sure. the last thing you wanna do is ban a brand new user who just happens to have the same typographical habits as some of our trolls.

it doesn't help that they both use AOL. cursed AOL, damn thee all to hell. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] of course, tons of psychologically sane people use AOL, too, so it's not like you can just put the smack down on everyone who uses AOL.
Old 09-18-2002, 07:54 PM   #7
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

And of course people get pissed if you don't instantly ban someone who is merely "suspected" of being you-know-who. Yea it's a thankless job..and you have to be willing to take a lot of shit for it. But it's a lot of fun right guys [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 08:03 PM   #8
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

yep... but we do appreciate the help because we can't always spot everything. I for one have a job and stuff [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

however, troll control patrol is not the main reason we need a new mod [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] -- one person can sit around waiting to bust a troll.

what we really need help with is just a little bit troll control, and a lot more quality control. just someone who can help keep threads in the right forums, on topic, prevent duplicates, and tactfully acclimate members to the idea of making quality posts over posts that just say "lol" or something rediculous. but tactfully, please [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2002, 08:16 PM   #9
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

look, i think what you guys need a a mod therapist, not a new mod!

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 08:19 PM   #10
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

lol.. NOOOOOOOOO, Veruca, I minored in Psychology, I'm also the mod therapist [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

just wanna make sure anybody who is nice enough to volunteer knows the deal, that's all. we wanna make sure that the site continues to grow in popularity without having a decrease in quality.

my own personal brainstorm, just now, I want the board to seem like we're all just a bunch of people talking here, not a bunch of fabricated Internet personalities, which is what other boards feel like a lot of the time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2002, 09:31 PM   #11
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

because they think its funny or they are physcos[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 10:59 PM   #12
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i would like to be mod.

i think id be good, and fair yea...
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 09:10 AM   #13
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

I'd ask Dj, but to be honest, I don't think that I participate enough for that kind of thing...
Old 09-19-2002, 09:18 AM   #14
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

It's worth a try [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Everybody that's interested, remember to send me a PM about "Why" you would be a good addition.

Old 09-19-2002, 12:42 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I nominate madape.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 02:35 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

make Dooby do it.....
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 02:53 PM   #17
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

<< make Dooby do it..... >>

Haven't heard that since I was a pledge in my fraternity.

1) I want the authority, not the responsibility;
2) I am a hypocrit;
3) I'd ban a mod; and then I'd ban myself;
4) Sure, I'll do it. Provided you pay my hourly billing rate. KG_Vet will give you the same response;
5) Why contribute? Bitching and moaning is so much more worthwhile and takes much less effort.

Yeah, let Doc be a mod. He'd rack up 50,000 in the Mod forum by the end of the year.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 03:02 PM   #18
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

lol

you guys crack me up

Doc would create his own forum to post in, just to see how long it would take to crash the server [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2002, 03:19 PM   #19
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

<< I nominate madape.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] >>

Best. Post. Ever.

I can see it. Every thread would be 2 posts. The initial post and one post from Madape bashing the post, calling the poster an idiot and locking the thread.

When you think about it, it would be quite avant garde.

Just kidding, Ape. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 06:33 PM   #20
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

if Aexchange is a mod, then I need to be too. He might just boot my ass outta here if I don't cancel him out.

LOL, just kidding, AE would be a great MOD and I seriously am voting for him!

Base Line Guy
Old 09-20-2002, 01:27 AM   #21
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

<< if Aexchange is a mod, then I need to be too. He might just boot my ass outta here if I don't cancel him out.

LOL, just kidding, AE would be a great MOD and I seriously am voting for him!

Base Line Guy
>>

thanks for the kind words BLG.

bradley haters unite! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 01:23 PM   #22
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

No thanks needed AE. We might butt heads or I might say something idiotic at times, but that doesn't take away from your abilities to be a good and fair MOD.

BLG
Old 09-20-2002, 01:40 PM   #23
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I think you lovers need to get together and play a game of ping pong.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 02:23 PM   #24
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

No need for that MA! PM me, I'm looking for a cool happy hour to hit!

BLG in the Hizzy
Old 09-21-2002, 08:50 AM   #25
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Last call for moderators. Those who are interested that have not yet PM'd me, do so now.