Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-19-2001, 07:57 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

The magic 8-ball says the Mavs are gonna run the Blazers to the ground and pull out a 105-98 win. The magic 8-ball never lies. Chalupas for the people!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2001, 07:59 PM   #2
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Another day, another victimization... Blazers can't run small lineups to force Bradley out of the game like the Suns can. The game is easy, but the outcome is never in doubt as the Blazers never come within five after the first quarter... Mavs 102-93.
Old 03-19-2001, 08:00 PM   #3
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Whoops, I meant NOT easy...
Old 03-19-2001, 08:02 PM   #4
Mavinator
Golden Member

By the end of the game, Pippen is pulling on Nash's hair, Rasheed is trying to kick Buckner in the shins, and Bonzi is crying and sucking his thumb in the corner...
Old 03-19-2001, 08:41 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Nah, Even with how hot the Mavs are right now, we're not gonna win this one.

Blazers 104
Mavs 92

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 08:45 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

> The magic 8-ball never lies.

What part of that don't you understand Rob?!
Old 03-19-2001, 08:58 PM   #7
thirdbse

thirdbse is on a distinguished road

I say we go ahead and crush'em by 26 or so.
Last yr i put 40 bucks on the mavs to win it all when i was in Vegas.
although it might be as lost as nasdaq money
thirdbse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 09:01 PM   #8
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

hehe, none of it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Portland's to big inside for us. I guess it also depends on if they come in here pissed about lossing to SA, or if they come in relaxed after a victory over the Wests best.

Old 03-19-2001, 09:13 PM   #9
djb
Administrator

Bah! The magic 8-ball doesn't look too kindly on doubters..
Old 03-19-2001, 09:21 PM   #10
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

But, the magic eightball does know, All your base are belong to us.

Old 03-19-2001, 10:31 PM   #11
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Sabonis went down with an ankle injury. That cuts down their size tremendously. I say Dallas 104 Portland 98.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 10:36 PM   #12
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

The Blazers lost tonight. We've passed them for the 5th seed.

I see the Mavs winning 100 to 99, with 3 to 4 ejections.
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 10:41 PM   #13
djb
Administrator

ejection 1: Bradley, for elbowing Wallace while securing the rebound
ejection 2: Wallace, for going medieval on Bradley
ejection 3: Pippen, for tripping Finley
ejection 4: Trent, for running off the bench and pounding Pippen

Hmm..I didn't consult the magic 8-ball on this one so things may turn out differently.
Old 03-19-2001, 11:00 PM   #14
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

DJ, that is so funny about the ejections. I tell you, that Bonzi character better not try to trip up Fin like he did in the last game. Im not sure if Pippen tried to trip up Bradley, the guy is awkward at times [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

So, Sabonis went down with an injury, huh? That's good, maybe Bradley will come out strong like he has been, excluding the Phoenix game that is.

I like our chances of beating them and they do seem to be spiraling out.
Old 03-20-2001, 02:44 AM   #15
erub

erub is on a distinguished road

Mavs 103, Blazers 97 - a hard fought battle until the end
erub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 05:13 AM   #16
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Mavs win at the buzzer 96-95, Fin nails a triple as time expired. Bradley will get into a fight with Wallace and Trent will steps up to that punk. This lifts us to make a 4th quarter comeback........in other words, bring da mua-fukin ruckus.
Old 03-20-2001, 05:30 AM   #17
Linde

Linde is on a distinguished road

mavs win this one easy
108 - 86

why ? mavs run 48 min and the blazers are already tired after the sa game
Dying Fetus, Skinless / Neurotic DF / Devourment / FTC / Undergrind Freakfest ? / Deathfeast / Misery Index / Obscene Extreme / Dong / Mountains Of Death / NRW DF / Luha DF / Bloodshed / Grind Gütiger
Linde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 06:21 AM   #18
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

A win here would be huge. It would just bring the confident level up one more notch.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 08:18 AM   #19

you forgot one ejection
dirk for victimizing the trailblazers for 38 points and 12 rebounds.
Old 03-20-2001, 01:29 PM   #20
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

A win against the Blazers would be huge tonight, but I hope yesterday's loss to the Spurs doesn't motivate them to overcome their personal animostity toward each other, and play well enough to end our streak... That said, I think we are playing to well right now, and the Blazers are playing to poorly for us to be really worried about this one... Also, you would think TBS would consider changing their schedule to show a game like this one... I haven't checked to see who is playing on national TV, but I bet it's going to be something dumb like Knicks/Magic...
Old 03-20-2001, 01:30 PM   #21
djb
Administrator

I think it's something like Pacers/Raptors. I remember seeing folks from other boards b*tching bout this [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2001, 05:47 PM   #22
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Why does TNT insist on broadcasting crappy eastern conference games? Especially the worthless Knicks all the time. If its a time zone thing, aren't Dallas games on early too? At least show the Spurs. Its seems like the stupid Knicks and Raptors are always on.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 06:17 PM   #23
Climbatize

Climbatize is on a distinguished road

This is gonna be a tough game. I'll be suprised if the score goes over 100 for either team. If the Mavs can get a win here, they will show the world that they are for real.
Climbatize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 06:24 PM   #24
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Even if we don't win tonight, we are going to get to see them again next week... Along with our old friends the Lakers and Jazz (and they are all road games)...
Old 03-20-2001, 06:39 PM   #25
djb
Administrator

Is it true that Howard is out tonight with an injury?
Old 03-20-2001, 06:41 PM   #26
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I sure as hell hope not. Where did you hear this?

Old 03-20-2001, 06:49 PM   #27
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Someone posted that on Sportstalk too. anyone know if its true? Without Howard, we will have trouble defending the big bodies down low. Nevertheless, we did beat the crap out of them last time we played, and we didn't have Juwon then. So there is no reason to think we can't win without him this time.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 06:55 PM   #28
Jordan23TX

Jordan23TX is on a distinguished road

EVIL..I was thinking the same thing on the National Networks. But I guess they are scared to touch us since the disaster versus the Suns. Like tonight they have Indiana vs Toronto .... who gives a shyt about either team ...But I guess they want to showcase Vince as much as possible..
Old 03-20-2001, 07:14 PM   #29
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Since I live in Indiana, I will have the pleasure of flipping between the option A- local Indiana Foxsports coverage of the Pacers game on channel 4, or option B- I can watch the TBS coverage on 39... That is a great choice- I think I am going to have to go for option C on this one, and go to my favorite Season-Pass using bar, Yogi's, and catch the game... I'll talk to y'all later, I'm heading on out...
Old 03-20-2001, 07:18 PM   #30
djb
Administrator

Heheh good choice Evil [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Cya after the game!
Old 03-20-2001, 08:10 PM   #31
djb
Administrator

Howard's in the game and the Mavs are up 24-14 after one! Let's keep it going!
Old 03-20-2001, 08:38 PM   #32
djb
Administrator

Mavs up 43-38 at the half. Will Maxwell EVER make a shot?
Old 03-20-2001, 08:40 PM   #33
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

Still ahead at the half.

Wallace has a T
Detlef has 3 fouls
Bonzi has 3 fouls

I still think 3 to 4 players will be ejected.
Old 03-20-2001, 08:42 PM   #34
Mavs#1Fan

There's a lot of rough play being allowed tonight. The team with the most MEN on it will win.
Old 03-20-2001, 08:45 PM   #35
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Slow and boring 1st half. Neither team playing with much effort or energy. Hopefully the Mavs come out in the second half with more enthusiasm. Otherwise we may be in trouble.

Old 03-20-2001, 08:50 PM   #36
djb
Administrator

Here's hoping Wallace gets another tech early in the third [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2001, 09:22 PM   #37
djb
Administrator

Mavs by two going into the fourth. Someone better step up and start making some shots..man they been lookin baaaaad!
Old 03-20-2001, 09:34 PM   #38
djb
Administrator

BYE BYE PIPPEN!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2001, 09:38 PM   #39
Hoover

Hoover is on a distinguished road

Couldn't have happened to a better guy![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Now if we could just make some stinkin' shots! The Mavs are going to make me an old man tonight....I feel the gray growing right now![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2001, 09:50 PM   #40
djb
Administrator

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE SHOOTING [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]