Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-10-2002, 07:57 AM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

That quote is the only really funny thing in the article, other than his generic weirdness.

"I know my race. I just look in the mirror. I know I'm black,"-Michael Jackson.

July 10, 2002 -- Wacko Jacko says he's no freako.
Michael Jackson yesterday lashed out at accusations that he's a gay child molester who bleaches his skin so he won't look black, saying they're part of a "conspiracy" to "turn the public against him."

"I was called a freak, a homosexual, a child molester. That I bleach my skin. Everything to turn the public against me," Jackson said before a packed house at the Rev. Al Sharpton's Harlem headquarters. "It was a complete conspiracy."

In 1993, Jackson was accused in a lawsuit of molesting a 13-year-old boy. The child was one of the many young pals, including Macaulay Culkin and Emmanuel Lewis, the self-proclaimed King of Pop entertained at his bizarro fun-park ranch, Neverland, in California.

Jackson settled the suit, reportedly for $15 million to $24 million.

Yesterday, the usually reclusive Jackson continued a wild, high-profile attack he started Saturday, when he threw down the gauntlet to his record-label boss, Tommy Mottola of Sony, calling the exec was a racist.

Jacko - whose face has been changed drastically by plastic surgery - launched a diatribe as he explained why he is the industry's newest black activist.

"I know my race. I just look in the mirror. I know I'm black," Jackson said, as hundreds exploded in cheers.

"We are all brothers and sisters - no matter what color we are."

Wearing a black jacket and pants, Jacko said the music industry turned on him "overnight" after he displaced white artists as the planet's No. 1-selling artist.

Music moguls "are liars. They manipulate our history books. You must know that," he said, as the crowd cheered him on. "If you go to the bookstore at the corner, you won't see one black face. You'll see Elvis Presley and the Rolling Stones."

He claimed the industry attack on him began after "I broke Elvis' record and the Beatles' record" in sales.

The Harlem meeting - at which Sharpton and lawyer Johnnie Cochran said they would take on the music industry for taking advantage of minority artists - drew hundreds of Sharpton supporters and dozens of white teens eager to see Jackson.

Jackson, who was pumping his fist in the air as Sharpton yelled, "No justice, no peace," spent much of the two-hour meeting blowing kisses to fans and even giving a thumbs-up to one who screamed, "I love you, Michael!"

Sharpton, who stood shoulder to shoulder with Jackson, said he wants to meet with music-industry heads to discuss properly compensating minority artists.

Sharpton also praised Jackson for appearing at yesterday's meeting.

"Michael is no wacko," he said. "He's still an icon."

When asked if he wanted to meet with Mottola about racism, Sharpton said, "Yes, but it's not limited to one company. I want to reach out to all of them."

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2002, 08:16 AM   #2
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

This is outrageous. I'm throwing my MJ CD collection away as I type this.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 12:03 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

"We are all brothers and sisters - no matter what color we are."

I happen to agree with this statement, but MJ is a freak.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 01:24 PM   #4
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

But anyone who lines up beside Reverend Al to scream racism.....

...just doesn't rate high on the credibility scale for me.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote