Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-23-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
ShadowLink

ShadowLink will become famous soon enoughShadowLink will become famous soon enough
Default The "Official" Rotations need to Change Thread

Even though we got a God in Dirk Nowitzki, I think we need to change some rotations..

Starting with JJB.

I think he needs to be subbed ONLY for Jason Kidd. Let him play just the Point Guard position with a legitimate SG, same as when Jason Kidd is in. Two point guards in our lineup is hurting us even though we pulled this miracle off.

Also, we need to play Corey Brewer more. The guy is an excellent defender and could bother shots better than JJB can dream of and better than J.Kiddo does.

Also, is Caron Butler coming back at all in these playoffs???

Discuss.

Edit: I'm from Puerto Rico and I love JJB but this is the cold hard facts and the truth. JJB can't play enough defense to be playing PG with another PG in the rotation. He can't defend Harden or Westbrook.

Last edited by ShadowLink; 05-23-2011 at 11:49 PM.
ShadowLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2011, 11:49 PM   #2
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I am all for "something has got to change because most of that game was freaking terrible even if they did get the win eventually" talk, but not tonight.

Soak it in. Enjoy it.

Save this for Wednesday.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:51 PM   #3
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Too soon.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:55 PM   #4
CGM
Golden Member

CGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant future

I think that JJB is having more or less the same problems he had against the Portland guards. Nevertheless, if Dallas plays Miami in the Finals, JJB will have a field day against the Heat's pseudo-guards, Bibby and/or Chalmers.
CGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:55 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

3-1

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:13 AM   #6
DIRK LEGIONS

DIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to all

dirty rican is nothing more than a sparkplug type player

i love to see brewer get some minutes maybe up 3--1 coach can experiment a little with rotation

just joined here big time DIRK fan in new york city
DIRK LEGIONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:27 AM   #7
ShadowLink

ShadowLink will become famous soon enoughShadowLink will become famous soon enough

I mean, what bad can happen if we give some minutes to Corey Brower over DeShawn's minutes and stop playing 3 guards at the same time?
Old 05-24-2011, 01:28 AM   #8
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Deshawn has statistically been the mavs best defender on Durant
Old 05-24-2011, 01:30 AM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Rick is right, you are wrong.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:59 AM   #10
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Don´t mess with what is working, especially you don´t change it in the playoffs...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:12 AM   #11
PartywithDirk

PartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Don´t mess with what is working, especially you don´t change it in the playoffs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
No effing sh*t!

I can't believe I'm reading..."we need to change this" threads the day after that win!

It's 3-1 good guys, not the other way around.
PartywithDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:55 AM   #12
PlanoMavs74

PlanoMavs74 is a jewel in the roughPlanoMavs74 is a jewel in the roughPlanoMavs74 is a jewel in the rough

Hey all.. Mavs fan since 1995 here, but just registered here on the board.

I like the lineups how they are for the most part. Brewer is a good defender but he plays a bit out of control offensively.

The only thing I don't like about how things currently are is Stevenson with the ball in his hands on offense. I don't mind him as a catch and shoot guy, but when he is trying to dribble around or create something, 99% of the time it has turned out bad. It kills the offense when he does this.

Overall great series by the Mavs though... absolutely incredible game last night!
PlanoMavs74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #13
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

WTF is going on here? One win from te NBA finals and a thread asking for rotation changes pops up?

Smh.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #14
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Close thread. This says it all.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #15
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Carlisle has been spot on all playoffs long, we haven't!

And yes, as it was already mentioned, JJB against Bibby and Chalmers should take us back to the Lakers series. He should have a good stretch every game against them.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:43 PM   #16
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
+1

we are:

4-2 against Portland
4-0 against Fakers
3-1 (and counting) against OKC

i have criticized RC many times but in this PO he has coaching very well(maybe not the 2games at portland).

but we need another 5 wins....go mavssssssssss
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:44 PM   #17
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

I hated RC before Playoffs.But now he's doing great job with our guys.Keep going Rick keep going!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:24 AM   #18
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

Dont fix whats not broken. We're a win away from the finals after sweeping the lakers and overcoming a 15 point deficit against OKC with 5 mins to go. Dont change it now.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #19
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

Barea has been really great in these playoffs for us but he cannot guard Westbrook. Its is a big mismatch which they exploited for several easy buckets. Bring in Barea when Maynor is subbed in and take him out when Maynor is subbed out.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #20
ShadowLink

I told you guys so...

Look, tonight we needed Corey Brewer to guard Wade, not Kidd. Why did we acquire this guy anyway if we are not going to use him?????
Old 06-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #21
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

What could Corey do about our bad shooting night? Yeah, the problem was not defense.
mavsjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #22
Frank89149

Frank89149 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLink View Post
I told you guys so...

Look, tonight we needed Corey Brewer to guard Wade, not Kidd. Why did we acquire this guy anyway if we are not going to use him?????
Tim MacMahon of ESPN Dallas gets the feeling from RC that significant line-up changes aren't coming. TIFWIW. I too was thinking we may see Brewer but everything I've read today points to that not happening. I can see the logic. You insert a guy that hasn't been running with the regular crew and the entire rhythm could get messed up. But I wouldn't be shocked at anything at this point.
Frank89149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #23
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

More Deshawn Stevenson please. Less of Barea.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #24
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
More Deshawn Stevenson please. Less of Barea.
and less Peja/Terry when they are ice cold...
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #25
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

No Barea, no Terry, no Peja... gotcha.

Are we going to play more Cardinal?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-01-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #26
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Fans as wannabe coaches, it's funny really. If the collective were coaches players would be yanked in and out at light speed.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #27
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
No Barea, no Terry, no Peja... gotcha.

Are we going to play more Cardinal?
No problem with Barea or Terry but I don't think we should play Peja - at all. He isn't athletic enough to guard anyone on the Heat. Corey Brewer should take all of his minutes.

Tags
noobs be trippin', shadowdink