Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-31-2011, 03:07 PM   #121
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Dirk proposed to his GF days ago apparently
Son of a bitch... he's off the market?

Wait what?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2011, 03:10 PM   #122
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk's new fiance is way bomber than his last one. Hopefully he gets TWO rings this summer.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:12 PM   #123
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Good BS report so far (at least with Marc Stein, I might stop listening after that)

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?...DIO&id=6612019
Old 05-31-2011, 03:19 PM   #124
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
2011 Mavs = 2007 Spurs

Playing the part of the 2007 Golden State Warriors, we have the 2011 Memphis Grizzlies. The 2007 Utah Jazz are represented by the 2011 Oklahoma City Thunder. And then you have the 2007 Cleveland Cavaliers played by the 2011 Miami cHeat.

Mavs of course lost as the #1 seed to the Warriors. Warriors lost in the 2nd round to the #4 seed Jazz. The #3 seed Spurs knocked off the #2 seed in the 2nd round and dispatched the Jazz in 5 games in the WCF before sweeping LeDouche in the Finals.

This year, the Spurs lost as the #1 seed to Memphis. Grizzlies then lost in the 2nd round to the #4 seed Thunder. Mavs, like the Spurs in 2007, were the #3 seed and eliminated the #2 seed in the 2nd round. Mavs then beat OKC in 5 and also face LeDouche in the Finals.

Let's do this!
Forgot another thing...the 2007 Spurs were eliminated by the Mavs the previous season. The 2011 Mavs were eliminated by the Spurs last year.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:25 PM   #125
fluid.forty.one

Marc Stein just made me feel a whooole lot better.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:26 PM   #126
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

Only a few hours left... destiny awaits us!
Old 05-31-2011, 03:29 PM   #127
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
What did Steiner say?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:29 PM   #128
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Game starts during the night and thus, no need to go to bed afterwards again. Straight to work and hopefully with a big grin on my face

And I have to admit (although I know that everybody here, me included, doesn't like the Spurs), but if the Spurs would play the Heat instead of us, I would want them to win. Right now there's now other team in the league I despise as much as the Heat. Don't know if there has ever been such a bunch of arrogant a**holes together. Maybe the 2008 Celtics. LBJ is just the peak. I've never seen such an egocentric, narcissistic and arrogant prick in the NBA. Don't get me wrong, he's an insane player and incredibly gifted, but his behaviour on and off the court is just disgusting. Claiming the title before the season has even started, needing a nation-wide TV-conference lasting over one hour only to bash on everybody in Cleveland and to finally utter the words "Miami", this stupid dancing every time in front of the bench, the "Chosen 1"-tattoo etc...

Yes, seriously, I would cheer for every team representing the WC which would face Miami in the finals only to see this douchebag go down in flames.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 05-31-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:34 PM   #129
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Game starts during the night and thus, no need to go to bed afterwards again. Straight to work and hopefully with a big grin on my face
That's the spirit man...no need for sleep as long as there is a "Nuttenfrühstück" available in morning.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #130
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

This is our time. This team is focused and ready.
Big games from Kidd, Dirk, Jet and TC with a dash of Peja&JJ
Go Mavs. Let's get this
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:46 PM   #131
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
DESTROY THEM in their house.
Go Mavs!
go mavsssssssssssssssssssssssss
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:53 PM   #132
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

Love this promo for the Finals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9x3VUDgUdo
Dale4Saul2Red0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:55 PM   #133
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM View Post
Let's cook a Puerto Rican style pork legs with garbanzo beans stew (patitas de cerdo con garbanzo) with those arrogant re-Heated bums!
Looks like puke, but i would eat it.

+++urgent+++

Could anyone link a radio-feed with complete coverage serving oversea dudes ? I´m experiencing PC problems.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:59 PM   #134
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Go Mavs!
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:07 PM   #135
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Also, whoever said Holger would stay in Germany was wrong.

He's with the team in Miami.
...as evidenced by this photo of him working with Chandler:

http://twitpic.com/552yz7

I hope it pays off immediately. But even if his jumper isn't falling all the finals, he'll be big for us. On defensive, I think he would be best-used patrolling the middle and collecting rebounds, while Dirk sticks to Bosh for most of the time, but we'll see.

Go Mavs!!!!

Last edited by mavErika; 05-31-2011 at 04:09 PM.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:11 PM   #136
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkman View Post
From Elias: Dallas has won its last 14 regular-season games against Miami, the 2nd-longest winning streak teams to meet in the NBA Finals. The other 4 teams to enter the Finals with at least a 5-game winning streak against their opponent have gone on to win the title.
Good stuff, lets keep the streak going.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:17 PM   #137
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty cool to see Holger working with Tyson/ I've kind of always wondered why the Mavs didn't just sign him as a coach to the roster.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:18 PM   #138
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Also, Dirk NOT engaged.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...is-not-engaged
Old 05-31-2011, 04:18 PM   #139
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Pretty cool to see Holger working with Tyson/ I've kind of always wondered why the Mavs didn't just sign him as a coach to the roster.
My guess would be that Cuban has offered him a legit spot and Holger said no thanks.

I bet Cuban still pays for Holgers travel and boarding expenses, though.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:22 PM   #140
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
My guess would be that Cuban has offered him a legit spot and Holger said no thanks.

I bet Cuban still pays for Holgers travel and boarding expenses, though.
I remember a time in the Nellie era (I think) there was actually a little tension. Some within the organization didn't really like Holger or something to that effect. Anyone else recall this?
Old 05-31-2011, 04:22 PM   #141
CadBane
Banned

"It's almost a little funny to me to see how people are all of sudden saying I'm a changed guy," Nowitzki said. "I've been averaging 25 and 10 for 10 years in the playoffs, so it's not like this just came overnight."
Old 05-31-2011, 04:27 PM   #142
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
WTF? You can't do that!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:27 PM   #143
CadBane
Banned

"You know what?" Nowitzki said. "I've never watched one game over, 'cause it would just, I don't know, make me throw up probably. I don't know what I would do, but I would get sick. Never to this day, even that summer or any other summer, did I go back and watch one game. I've completely stayed away from it."
Old 05-31-2011, 04:28 PM   #144
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
I remember a time in the Nellie era (I think) there was actually a little tension. Some within the organization didn't really like Holger or something to that effect. Anyone else recall this?
Yeah, that tension may have been from Avery (can't remember). I really doubt anyone would be against it now. I just think that Holger is a low key guy, similar to Dirk, and would rather just do his thing without fan fare or a "job title".
Old 05-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #145
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
WTF? You can't do that!
I posted the link to the BS podcast with Stein.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #146
Damage

Damage will become famous soon enough

From a Cavs fan...

This is bigger than winning a ring for your city. You're not playing for just Dallas, fellas.

Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:33 PM   #147
Damage

Our forum ( http://realcavsfans.com/forums.php ) has a thread dedicated to "America's Team". I don't think you guys realize how much CTown is pulling for you. I have never seen as many cowboy hats in Cleveland in my entire life. There are hate/watch parties going on here.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:35 PM   #148
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage View Post
Our forum ( http://realcavsfans.com/forums.php ) has a thread dedicated to "America's Team". I don't think you guys realize how much CTown is pulling for you. I have never seen as many cowboy hats in Cleveland in my entire life. There are hate/watch parties going on here.
+Rep
Old 05-31-2011, 04:36 PM   #149
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yes, I recall this. Dunno what exactly happened, but there were some rumors that Holger wasn't liked around the staff, respectively some despised him.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Old 05-31-2011, 04:39 PM   #150
bigcat

bigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to all

Quote:
it is the aj era. aj thought the presence of holger hinders the process of dirk becoming "the man". thus holger stayed back home in germany.
bigcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:39 PM   #151
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
...and that, of course, is just because he's got no rings yet... ;=)
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:42 PM   #152
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
...and that, of course, is just because he's got no rings yet... ;=)
That might change within 2 weeks

Old 05-31-2011, 04:43 PM   #153
fluid.forty.one

It seems like the whole country besides Miami fans are rooting for the Mavs.

Lets get it!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:46 PM   #154
Damage

Quote:
+Rep
Logistically, I really don't see how the Heat match up with the Mavs. Sure, the whore of akron is playing on another level, similar to the 07 run. But Wade's shoulder is banged up, Bosh Spice is hit or miss, and that's it.

Dirk, Chandler, Barea, Terry all possess match up nightmares for the Heat. I'm praying Kidd pulls a Cap Rooney and gives it his all in guarding Wade.

Mavs in 6.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:53 PM   #155
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

Last night after going to bed after reading every word written about the Mavs over a 3-day weekend (most of which highlighted the "impossibility" of the Mavs winning), I kept waking up with basketball nightmares.
The Mavs kept deflecting the ball on defense and pushing up the court for fast break layups.
The Heat struggled with every attempt forcing up shot after shot.
Every 3 point attempt by the Heat was a brick, yet
every 3 point attempt by the Mavs barely touched net as it went through.
The score differential kept pushing over 20.

Best restless sleep ever.

Last edited by Henry_VIII; 05-31-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Henry_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:58 PM   #156
Frank89149

Frank89149 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Logistically, I really don't see how the Heat match up with the Mavs. Sure, the whore of akron is playing on another level, similar to the 07 run. But Wade's shoulder is banged up, Bosh Spice is hit or miss, and that's it.

Dirk, Chandler, Barea, Terry all possess match up nightmares for the Heat. I'm praying Kidd pulls a Cap Rooney and gives it his all in guarding Wade.

Mavs in 6.
Wade's shoulder is not banged up. It was tight for game 5 against the bulls. He's said he's fine. He's had plenty of time to rest.

Bosh was hit or miss prior to last series. He's been pretty consistent. Whether that stays like that remains to be seen.

Can't wait. Both teams are playing their best ball.

Last edited by Frank89149; 05-31-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Frank89149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:00 PM   #157
WurzburgBorn

WurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to all

2011 NBA Finals:
The Dallas Mavericks and the NBA fans
vs.
The Miami Heat and the sports media
WurzburgBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:03 PM   #158
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
I don't know. It's better to read this stuff after a win not before a series. Stein will look really stupid if Dirk doesn't deliver in the Finals.

Dirk is a computer...
Dirk is a machine...
Dirk is a surgeon...

Man, at one point it's just too much.

Last edited by twelli; 05-31-2011 at 05:04 PM.
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:08 PM   #159
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Welcome to the forum. GO M(C)AVS! F LeDouche! Sorry though, but Mavs fans hate Wade a hell of a lot more. At least right now.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:22 PM   #160
Cousins15

Cousins15 has a spectacular aura aboutCousins15 has a spectacular aura about

Hello Mavs Fans,

Sacramento Kings Fan here. I've been watching your team dismantle the lakers and dispatch OKC. You guys have a squad that seriously has a shot at the title. I wish your team the best of luck against the superfriends. Dirk & JT need redemption. I'd like to see Dirk and Co get a ring, especially my boy peja!
Cousins15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heatd=mavs30%fg, sieg !, still alive!!!, teamusa vs mavs, this is gonna be good!