Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-19-2007, 05:29 PM   #41
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Greg the Keg.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2007, 05:57 PM   #42
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

took you 1 hour to come up with that? keep trying

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:51 PM   #43
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Break-Your-Leg Greg

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 12-19-2007, 06:52 PM   #44
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

it's kind of brutal, but I like it

because the irony is that he broke his own leg. =\

Contact Me
Old 12-19-2007, 06:52 PM   #45
ty
Diamond Member

The GE Motor.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:53 PM   #46
alby
Guru

doesn't rhyme.

Contact Me
Old 12-20-2007, 12:36 AM   #47
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
prolly Roethlisberger...i know he's having a good year, but I'd put Garrard or Anderson in there over him.
He's done a good job of putting the ball up and letting his guys make plays but he's only completing 56% of his passes...that's Eli Manning territory.

You could make a case for Gerrard over Rothlesburger. The missed games probably tilted the scale but both were deserving.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:03 AM   #48
alby
Guru

Gerrard has the second highest QB rating in the NFL. Higher than both Romo and Farve. What else do you want from a QB, he doesn't make many mistakes, and he manages the team to victories.

Contact Me
Old 12-20-2007, 04:07 AM   #49
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Gerrard has the second highest QB rating in the NFL. Higher than both Romo and Farve. What else do you want from a QB, he doesn't make many mistakes, and he manages the team to victories.
I would go with Garrard for sure. All I know is that the Jaguars are a much bigger threat than the Steelers are.

As much as I wanted a Dallas/Pittsburgh Super Bowl, it's not going to happen. Pittsburgh has not been able to develop a reliable enough passing game. They may fight tough in the playoffs, but they will die for lack of threats.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:14 AM   #50
alby
Guru

Is Polamalu back yet? Their defense isn't the same without him.

Contact Me
Old 12-20-2007, 12:11 PM   #51
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

Quote:
Is Polamalu back yet? Their defense isn't the same without him.

ya, he played sunday against the jags. he played well, but the jags still shredded them for
224 on the ground.

the jags handled both the chargers and steelers pretty well (neither game should have been as close as they ended up being), yet combined, san diego and pittsburgh have 12 pro bowlers and the jags have none. del rio must be the greatest coach ever.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:12 PM   #52
alby
Guru

The Jags are just a solid team. Defense. Offense. Special Teams.

Contact Me
Old 01-03-2008, 04:32 PM   #53
alby
Guru

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3179483

lol told you guys Roy will be playing

5th year a in row. what a joke

Contact Me
Old 01-03-2008, 05:24 PM   #54
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3179483

lol told you guys Roy will be playing

5th year a in row. what a joke
One of the few things you and I disagree on is Roy Williams. I think he deserved to go, even if this does prove it is a popularity contest.

I watched most SS get burned all year long. Dawkins did, heck they all did. The one most ridden by the media though was Roy. Then fans jumped on the bandwagon.

Has he had better years. Yes. Was he better this year than last, IMO, yes. Am I glad another Cowboy gets recognized, yes. I don't think he has been near as bad as many fans and the media have made him out to be.

I also haven't seen any other SS out there in the NFC that have impressed me this year either.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:29 PM   #55
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever Dalm. You and I see eye to eye about a lot of things, but this guy sucks. Maybe in the end they all do so he is the best of the rest, but he sucks.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:27 PM   #56
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Roy sucks, but he's not a pro-bowl caliber safety. Not even close.

He's probably a league average safety when you take everything into account. Which would be fine, if not for his contract, and his big head.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:06 PM   #57
alby
Guru

I think Gabril is better than Roy imho.

Contact Me
Old 01-03-2008, 10:40 PM   #58
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I think Gabril is better than Roy imho.
he might be quicker, and few safeties are as bad as roy in coverage...but gibril is highly overrated.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:11 AM   #59
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
One of the few things you and I disagree on is Roy Williams. I think he deserved to go, even if this does prove it is a popularity contest.

I watched most SS get burned all year long. Dawkins did, heck they all did. The one most ridden by the media though was Roy. Then fans jumped on the bandwagon.

Has he had better years. Yes. Was he better this year than last, IMO, yes. Am I glad another Cowboy gets recognized, yes. I don't think he has been near as bad as many fans and the media have made him out to be.

I also haven't seen any other SS out there in the NFC that have impressed me this year either.

I think me and you are the only ones in Dallas who feel this way about Roy. I'll say that I do have one complaint about Roy is that he's not tackling well this year. He's not wrapping up and he's letting guys get more yards than they should just by not wrapping up. But I agree. I think the biggest misconception fans have in Dallas is that Roy is a bad safety. He's not. You can say what you want about the Pro Bowl but the players and coaches obviously feel differently about Roy than fans in Dallas do. Safety's get beat in coverage. Look at Jason Whitten. Every team we've faced this year must have safety's who are garbage because Whitten has been eating safety's alive this year.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:17 AM   #60
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I think me and you are the only ones in Dallas who feel this way about Roy. I'll say that I do have one complaint about Roy is that he's not tackling well this year. He's not wrapping up and he's letting guys get more yards than they should just by not wrapping up. But I agree. I think the biggest misconception fans have in Dallas is that Roy is a bad safety. He's not. You can say what you want about the Pro Bowl but the players and coaches obviously feel differently about Roy than fans in Dallas do. Safety's get beat in coverage. Look at Jason Whitten. Every team we've faced this year must have safety's who are garbage because Whitten has been eating safety's alive this year.
So let me get this straight..........

Roy can't cover

Roy can't tackle

Roy is a good safety

Yeah... OK.

Oh, and it is Witten.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:19 AM   #61
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I don't think Roy sucks, but he's not a pro-bowl caliber safety. Not even close.

He's probably a league average safety when you take everything into account. Which would be fine, if not for his contract, and his big head.
Which means he sucks, considering everything - which I always do!
Old 01-05-2008, 05:07 AM   #62
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male26Dan
So let me get this straight..........

Roy can't cover

Roy can't tackle

Roy is a good safety

Yeah... OK.

Oh, and it is Witten.
I never said any of the above except I did spell Witten's name Whitten. Roy has problems in coverage against pro bowl tight ends. Ever since the horse collar rule has come into play Roy seems to have problems wrapping up on players for what ever reason. I wouldn't say Roy is a 1st tier safety in this league because those are the Ed Reed's and Polamalu's who are pretty good in coverage. But I see no reason to believe he's not a 2nd tier at this point of his career.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:09 AM   #63
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
But I see no reason to believe he's not a 2nd tier at this point of his career.

We need 1st tier 'round here...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:16 AM   #64
ty
Diamond Member

Whether he sucks or not.

Cowboys own.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:31 AM   #65
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Whether he sucks or not.

Cowboys own.

If they don't win the Super Bowl, that "12" is gonna look a lot like "67"...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:35 AM   #66
ty
Diamond Member

12 is so many players...

Might as well start a new conference CFC.

Cowboys Football Conference.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:40 AM   #67
alby
Guru

anything short of the superbowl is a failure.

Contact Me
Old 01-05-2008, 08:37 AM   #68
alby
Guru

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...B4EE19AF109245

new beginning next year?
let's hope he steps up and makes those game changing plays he made at OU and during his first two years on the Cowboys

Contact Me
Old 01-05-2008, 04:39 PM   #69
ty
Diamond Member

So that's why I saw so many Roy Williams jerseys on sale at the mall. I was thinking it was because he sucks, but I guess a combination of both makes sense. =D

Old 01-05-2008, 05:11 PM   #70
alby
Guru

I would never buy a Roy jersey. If I got it as a gift, I would return it for store credit asap.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 01-05-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:13 PM   #71
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
We need 1st tier 'round here...

I hear ya. AT one point in Roy's career I believe he was 1st tier. One of the best at his position. I can't say that about him this year. Who knows what the new number will do for Roy. I'm hoping we see a better Roy come playoff time rather than wait until he changes his number.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:59 PM   #72
alby
Guru

During his first two years, he was a legitimate pro bowler.

Contact Me
Old 01-06-2008, 10:06 AM   #73
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Reed, Polamula, Sanders, etc. are all in the East, so not up for debate in the West.

Sharper wasn't that good this year, at least at the times I watched him. I paid attention to Dawkins, because I like him, but he got burned massively at times. I did watch Taylor some before his untimely death, and he was either burned or made great plays. He gambled alot. With all the other games I watched, most teams with a descent TE target the SS.

What I saw out of Roy is that the league has made rules against him because he was playing too a point that people thought he had an advantage. Just like Eric Williams and his head slap -- he wasn't near the RT after they stopped him from using it (well, that and the wreck). Roy plays timid now, trying not to get beat, and afraid that he will be out of position, and playing catch-up. If he is behind, his natural instinct is to horse collar instead of dive. He has also slowed down just a little, and it is effecting his quickness and speed.

All and all though, he still got his picks, and he still got the tackles, and he wasn't burned any more times than the average SS out there.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote