Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-30-2002, 01:46 PM   #1
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

Timmy will not be playing in game 4 as he will be traveling to the Virgin Islands to attend his father's funeral.

Base Line Guy
Old 04-30-2002, 05:40 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i can't believe people are actually criticizing the guy for going to his father's funeral
..i can't believe anyone would question the guy in this situation (fish)
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 05:47 PM   #3
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

Murph - what did Fish say?
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 06:01 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

didn't agree with duncan's decision to miss the game
Old 04-30-2002, 06:31 PM   #5
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< didn't agree with duncan's decision to miss the game >>

I agree. That's ridiculous. Your father dies, you miss a couple of days of work unless your job involves people dying. If the Spurs lose because of this, oh well. Some things are more important than a job.

(Not to mention, if I'm San Antonio management/coaching do I even want Duncan to play under the circumstances? Even being completely selfish, do I really think his mind is going to be on the game if he is skipping his dad's funeral? And when he's a free agent in a little more than another year, do I want him remembering my team as interfering with his saying good-bye to his dad?)
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 08:51 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

If Fish slammed Duncan for going home, he can just go pack sand up his ass. What a retard.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 09:00 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

well, i won't say what i think about the fish..but i think you might have summed it up pretty well
Old 04-30-2002, 10:22 PM   #8
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Fish is an idiot. Even his website is beginning to suck. I used to read it daily now I can barely stand to read the drivel.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 10:27 PM   #9
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

<< Fish is an idiot. Even his website is beginning to suck. I used to read it daily now I can barely stand to read the drivel. >>

Repect yalls opinions a lot, however I really enjoy DB.com.... mainly because he is more in depth concerning practices, quotes, etc that is hard to find on most news sites.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 10:38 PM   #10
DTL
Diamond Member

I like DB.com for the sometimes &quot;insider's&quot; reports on practice sessions and other off-court happenings. But the writing is just horrendous.
Old 04-30-2002, 10:39 PM   #11
DTL
Diamond Member

<< If Fish slammed Duncan for going home, he can just go pack sand up his ass. >>

No kidding. That's just wrong.
Old 04-30-2002, 11:02 PM   #12
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe anyone would be so stupid to question Duncan's decision to miss a game.

Hoops is right, there are more important things than a job.

Hello Fish?? Do you think Duncan would rather have a ring or his father back??

Idiot.
Old 05-01-2002, 12:23 AM   #13
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I was listening and that is ridiculous. If I lost my father anything concerning it becomes priority number 1. Scre my job, my personal life, etc.

As far as his site, I like some of the inside stuff he does, but he is the biggest media homer in the world. If I didn't know better the Lakers are not even a player in the post season this year.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 02:40 PM   #14
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

One of two things will happen:

1) The Spurs will be killed.

2) Ton Parker will become a god.

I'll take the former as the more likely of the two.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 04:51 PM   #15
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

It's not like Duncan isn't 26 years old, he's got a lot of career left. I also don't think it's right to question someone's decision when a family member dies. They will do what they'll do. Additionally, Duncan being Duncan, I figure he tried his hardest to attend to both matters and it just wasn't possible. So, I think he'll be there for Game 5.

<< Do you think Duncan would rather have a ring or his father back?? >>

The only thing about that is... missing a game or two won't bring his father back. And that's why, if it was me, I'd be playing Game 4.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 07:00 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

rhylan, of course..it would be your choice.. I'd probably play as well.
However, fish criticizing duncan for not playing is reprehensible.

it is completely a decision for the player to make..
In a case such as this, it isn't what's wrong or right necessarily.. it is what's best for the person involved (duncan)