Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-28-2009, 12:33 AM   #41
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
"We're working right now on some end-of-the-roster business, moving out some things, nothing earth-shattering"

That makes it sound like were done. So bottoms up LD!
Cheers!

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2009, 12:34 AM   #42
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I seriously doubt that Dirk hates Tim Thomas any more than Kobe hates Artest. Most on court stuff like that doesn't linger. Just something that happened in the heat of battle. Dirk laughed it off at the time so it's unlikely that he harbors any ill will towards Thomas now.

Besides the fact that our roster seem really crowded with forwards I don't have a problem with the signing. He's not a player you want to depend on but he has the ability get hot and carry the offensive load for a quarter or two at any given time. That's not bad for your 9th or 10th man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
He can actually make a shot? He's black?
Well we could probably talk about this post instead of Tim Thomas for a while.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:36 AM   #43
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno? With the Buckshot still yet to be played we might be building he best bench in years.

edit: we all hated Posey and then coveted him for a bench guy.
So far I think the F.O. has given Dirk a better team than last year.

Last edited by rmacomic; 07-28-2009 at 12:38 AM.
rmacomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:36 AM   #44
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

This kiss for you Dirk...

Last edited by darkwitzki; 07-28-2009 at 12:39 AM.
darkwitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:37 AM   #45
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I still believe we need to use the buckshot to get a decent center.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:40 AM   #46
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Ive always hated Tim Thomas. Ditto for Gooden. I don't know what I'm going to do next season.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:44 AM   #47
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

There is an upside. We have to shed space on the roster we still have the buckshot to come into play things could yet work out.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:45 AM   #48
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

We've got a better tread on our tires (Marion), but without a real center that can score, we're still just spinning our wheels with all this other stuff. Whoever made the comparison to D.George is right.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:45 AM   #49
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to think of this as a Tim Thomas versus Matt Carroll kind of thing, and not let it bother me.

I'll be interested to see what happens on the trade front. Carroll, Buck, Humphries, Williams and Jawaii...I've not gotten the impression that any of those guys are in the team's plans. Setting them aside, you get:

Kidd/JJB/Booby
Josh/JET/Ross
Marion/TT
Dirk
Damp/Gooden

That's a rotation that would appear to be more than capable of accommodating either Singleton or Hollins as the 12th man. I like rooting for both guys, and think well of Singleton as a player, so I'll be hoping for some swaps that open up space for one of them on the roster.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:48 AM   #50
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
We've got a better tread on our tires (Marion), but without a real center that can score, we're still just spinning our wheels with all this other stuff. Whoever made the comparison to D.George is right.
People keep saying crap like this, but seriously, who the hell do you guys want on this roster? There just aren't that many decent centers in the NBA, face it.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:50 AM   #51
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

The more I think about it this really does not bother me much. What we have in Thomas and Gooden our two players who will likely come off the bench and in Thomas case not likely get significant minutes. Now if we use the buckshot or make a flat out trade for a center this will seem like nothing.

Last edited by Mavsfan4ever; 07-28-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Mavsfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:50 AM   #52
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack View Post
People keep saying crap like this, but seriously, who the hell do you guys want on this roster? There just aren't that many decent centers in the NBA, face it.
Okafor, Kaman, Camby, Chandler, what other names have you heard tossed around? You think Gooden's as good as them?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:53 AM   #53
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Tim Thomas shoot's 41% from the 3
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:53 AM   #54
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

All signs to us running a lot like the Suns were constructed in 05-06. Gooden=Diaw off the bench; tim thomas=tim thomas; marion=marion. I hated tim thomas during those years. I hated him because he crawled under dirks skin, used profane gestures and names to do so. We all remember the infamous kiss this bastard blew at the big german. But one thing remains true to me as it has been for as long as i've been a mavs fan; When you put that uniform on, Thats mavericks blue, or green or occasionally weird gold on, Im going to cheer my a$$ off for you, and I know a lot of you will do too. The fact remains the guy is capable of scoring and I will take a capable scorer into training camp and the season. Beats what we've had here lately. See (george, wright, Caroll, kid(jk)). I mav thee sir Thomas of Timothy

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:55 AM   #55
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Tim Thomas shoot's 41% from the 3
which is great. I think Alfred E. Newman once said something along the lines of, "we've upgraded our bench. Too bad the best starting 5 wins rings in the NBA. . . We need a center."

but maybe you're right. What me worry?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:57 AM   #56
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

I just realized something that scared the sh!t out of me...

I think that Gooden is going to get more minutes as Center than anticipated. Word is Hollins is out. Which would make us like like Damp/Gooden and Dirk/Thomas in the C and PF positions. Augh!

IMO, that is worse than what we had last year, which was Damp/Hollins and Dirk/Bass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:57 AM   #57
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Quote:
Okafor, Kaman, Camby, Chandler, what other names have you heard tossed around? You think Gooden's as good as them?
I'm assuming Chandler and Okafor are unavailable given today's events, so do you (don't mean to target you specifically, this goes to everyone who thinks this is a failed offseason if we don't have a better center) seriously think that unless we grab either Chris Kaman or Marcus Camby (two of hundreds of players in the NBA), we can't compete?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:59 AM   #58
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
All signs to us running a lot like the Suns were constructed in 05-06. Gooden=Diaw off the bench; tim thomas=tim thomas; marion=marion. I hated tim thomas during those years. I hated him because he crawled under dirks skin, used profane gestures and names to do so. We all remember the infamous kiss this bastard blew at the big german. But one thing remains true to me as it has been for as long as i've been a mavs fan; When you put that uniform on, Thats mavericks blue, or green or occasionally weird gold on, Im going to cheer my a$$ off for you, and I know a lot of you will do too. The fact remains the guy is capable of scoring and I will take a capable scorer into training camp and the season. Beats what we've had here lately. See (george, wright, Caroll, kid(jk)). I mav thee sir Thomas of Timothy

uh i dont think it qualifies as getting under someones skin if they rape you after you piss them off. That qualifies as waking the sleeping dragon.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:59 AM   #59
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack View Post
I'm assuming Chandler and Okafor are unavailable given today's events, so do you (don't mean to target you specifically, this goes to everyone who thinks this is a failed offseason if we don't have a better center) seriously think that unless we grab either Chris Kaman or Marcus Camby (two of hundreds of players in the NBA), we can't compete?
well, by missing out on Okafor and Chandler and Gortat (and I'd say Shaq), I think we are already not competing where we really need it this offseason.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:01 AM   #60
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
That's nothing compared to what David West did to Dirk...that was even worse.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:01 AM   #61
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Considering where the rest of the west stands outside of LA and SA I think we should be considered possibly as one of the top three in the west. I will say this becomes fact if we trade for a decent center.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:03 AM   #62
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I seriously doubt that Dirk hates Tim Thomas any more than Kobe hates Artest. Most on court stuff like that doesn't linger. Just something that happened in the heat of battle. Dirk laughed it off at the time so it's unlikely that he harbors any ill will towards Thomas now.

Besides the fact that our roster seem really crowded with forwards I don't have a problem with the signing. He's not a player you want to depend on but he has the ability get hot and carry the offensive load for a quarter or two at any given time. That's not bad for your 9th or 10th man.
i agree. One thing i hated about last years roster was dirk, jet, and josh could score. There was no reason what so ever not to double them unless all 3 were on the floor because no one else could hurt you. Also when josh got hurt there was SOOOO much pressure on dirk and jet to carry the offense especially when the other one was on the bench.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:04 AM   #63
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

I miss Bass more by the day.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:04 AM   #64
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Blah, at this point im praying we don't go back to run and gun.... it sure seems like we are just looking at the roster...
Old 07-28-2009, 01:06 AM   #65
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

You people are giving up to easy the fat lady has not sung yet.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:10 AM   #66
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
You people are giving up to easy the fat lady has not sung yet.
is that meant to be a yo mama joke setup?
Old 07-28-2009, 01:11 AM   #67
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Tim Thomas & Drew Gooden combine for 16 teams in 19 seasons...

('nuff said!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:13 AM   #68
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
is that meant to be a yo mama joke setup?
Yo momma so fat the AAC runs around her.

Lame I know.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:21 AM   #69
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

TT, Gooden, Hump, Marion. That's a lot of guys for backup minutes at the 4.

I actually like TT (not as a person) because he can hit the three. But it seems like the front court is getting a little crowded. It would be nice to ship some of these spare parts out for a legit SG.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:23 AM   #70
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
TT, Gooden, Hump, Marion. That's a lot of guys for backup minutes at the 4.

I actually like TT (not as a person) because he can hit the three. But it seems like the front court is getting a little crowded. It would be nice to ship some of these spare parts out for a legit SG.
I can't see why the FO would not package some of these parts with the buckshot when the time comes.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:30 AM   #71
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

All the hate on this thread...you'ldathought that the Mavs signed some 7' something Russian

Can we not at least wait until September/October before we throw the baby out with the bathwater? Who knows, we just might get lucky...
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:33 AM   #72
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even....
Old 07-28-2009, 01:34 AM   #73
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
All the hate on this thread...you'ldathought that the Mavs signed some 7' something Russian

Can we not at least wait until September/October before we throw the baby out with the bathwater? Who knows, we just might get lucky...
I like the way you think.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:35 AM   #74
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

What's funny about this is that just yesterday I just watched that '06 WCF Game 5 for the first time in years.

It started when Stack committed an offensive foul on Raja Bell away from the ball. After the whistle, Thomas took a swipe at the ball in Dirk's hands but Dirk pulled away and Thomas missed. Then Dirk tossed the ball off Thomas' shoulder and the two started jawing at each other. That's when the infamous kiss was blown and the double technical was called.

Considering how badly Thomas was burned by the end of that game, do you really think Thomas wants to bring it up again?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:37 AM   #75
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot see myself rooting for TimT. No way in hell.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:41 AM   #76
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
I actually like TT (not as a person) because he can hit the three.
With all this focus on the elusive big-center-that-can-score-and-play-defense, we've forgotten that our percentage on threes last year was deplorable.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:42 AM   #77
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

candid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Ive always hated Tim Thomas. Ditto for Gooden. I don't know what I'm going to do next season.
same here man...
at least we will get more street cred from now on as we just signed two thugs

Get Chandler or CAMBY for next to nothing + Terry. I dont want to have him on the team any longer!

Last edited by candid_snoop41; 07-28-2009 at 01:46 AM.
candid_snoop41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:44 AM   #78
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

I say give Thomas a limited number of minutes off the bench and see what he delivers from three point range.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:45 AM   #79
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

noo...... i hated this a-hole when he was a sun..... can't stand that dumb hand motion to his face that he does..... noooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:45 AM   #80
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the Mavs' minute distribution in the playoffs last season and thinking about how it might look with the current roster (including Gooden and TT) instead of the one the Mavs actually had available. Three things:

1) Wright and Bass, undoubtedly the two most significant subtractions, combined for just under 36mpg in the playoffs. That sounds like it's just about the right amount of time on court for Marion, and that is a sizable upgrade for the Mavs at the top of the rotation.

2) Hollins, who appears likely to head elsewhere much to the chagrin of a number of overly sentimental Dallas fans, played 9.3 mpg. Worst case scenario now would appear to be that those minutes go to Drew Gooden. There's something to be said for having a center available to play the center position, but you're kidding yourself if you think Gooden won't bring a lot more to the table than Hollins would have. Another clear upgrade.

3) Gerald Green and Matt Carroll combined for just under 8 mpg. Those minutes now go to TT, presumably, and perhaps Ross, and that is also all to the good.

Now, there will be other minute shifts, but if you trust Carlisle then at least you can trust that if Gooden plays 20+ mpg it'll be because he's earned 20+ mpg. Bottom line, while the two (potential) newest Mavericks unquestionably leave something to be desired, let's not lose sight of the fact that with those signings the Mavs will have achieved upgrades throughout their rotation, from the core down to the fringe guys. Put it all in context and this figures to be a much improved team.

Tags
arrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh, bitchfest, emo overreaction, flaco's purple niples, kill me now, kiss of death, no funeral, noogod!nogodpleaseno!nono, noooooooooooooooooooooooo, now cue office theme