Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-28-2009, 01:57 AM   #81
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, shooter? He's a shooter? I mean, he makes me want to shoot myself, but a shooter? He can shoot, but he usually misses. Dampier can do that.

The question is how many minutes of the Mavs game am I gonna be forced to miss (aka how many minutes is he getting?).

Last edited by bernardos70; 07-28-2009 at 01:58 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2009, 02:01 AM   #82
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

The question is going to be: "unless we're going to use his contract as another 'chip', did we really need him?"
Old 07-28-2009, 02:02 AM   #83
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Here is Thomas career % from the three point range .369
Old 07-28-2009, 02:06 AM   #84
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
The question is going to be: "unless we're going to use his contract as another 'chip', did we really need him?"
I think when you get past the 8th man in the rotation the question becomes "can we use him".
Old 07-28-2009, 02:07 AM   #85
RoddyB#3

RoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
I don't know, shooter? He's a shooter? I mean, he makes me want to shoot myself, but a shooter? He can shoot, but he usually misses. Dampier can do that.

The question is how many minutes of the Mavs game am I gonna be forced to miss (aka how many minutes is he getting?).
I'm not a fan of TT, but the man can shoot.
RoddyB#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:10 AM   #86
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Looking at the Mavs' minute distribution in the playoffs last season and thinking about how it might look with the current roster (including Gooden and TT) instead of the one the Mavs actually had available. Three things:

1) Wright and Bass, undoubtedly the two most significant subtractions, combined for just under 36mpg in the playoffs. That sounds like it's just about the right amount of time on court for Marion, and that is a sizable upgrade for the Mavs at the top of the rotation.

2) Hollins, who appears likely to head elsewhere much to the chagrin of a number of overly sentimental Dallas fans, played 9.3 mpg. Worst case scenario now would appear to be that those minutes go to Drew Gooden. There's something to be said for having a center available to play the center position, but you're kidding yourself if you think Gooden won't bring a lot more to the table than Hollins would have. Another clear upgrade.

3) Gerald Green and Matt Carroll combined for just under 8 mpg. Those minutes now go to TT, presumably, and perhaps Ross, and that is also all to the good.

Now, there will be other minute shifts, but if you trust Carlisle then at least you can trust that if Gooden plays 20+ mpg it'll be because he's earned 20+ mpg. Bottom line, while the two (potential) newest Mavericks unquestionably leave something to be desired, let's not lose sight of the fact that with those signings the Mavs will have achieved upgrades throughout their rotation, from the core down to the fringe guys. Put it all in context and this figures to be a much improved team.
Nice analysis.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:12 AM   #87
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
Okafor, Kaman, Camby, Chandler, what other names have you heard tossed around? You think Gooden's as good as them?
Chandlers garbage
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:13 AM   #88
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
Here is Thomas career % from the three point range .369
If you break it down, you can see there's a huge variance depending on which team he plays for. With the Suns and Knicks, he's around 43%, but as low as 30% one year with the Clippers. Seems like his production really depends on what system he plays for.

Oh wait, let's not talk basketball, let's talk about how we hate his attitude.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:15 AM   #89
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
All the hate on this thread...you'ldathought that the Mavs signed some 7' something Russian

Can we not at least wait until September/October before we throw the baby out with the bathwater? Who knows, we just might get lucky...
_____ you Racist

Last edited by Flacolaco; 07-28-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:25 AM   #90
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

We can use his shooting. He can get his shot off over anyone. Scores in bunches. I actually like this signing. Think of it/him as Van Horn circa '06. Just gives us more flexibility. Like Gooden, i don't think TT is a bad dude. Just a flake. Marion,TT,Ross-- while none of them are great shooters(Thomas could've been if he cared more)they can all make an open 3.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:28 AM   #91
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
We can use his shooting. He can get his shot off over anyone. Scores in bunches. I actually like this signing. Think of it/him as Van Horn circa '06. Just gives us more flexibility. Like Gooden, i don't think TT is a bad dude. Just a flake. Marion,TT,Ross-- while none of them are great shooters(Thomas could've been if he cared more)they can all make an open 3.
That's a pretty good point. I just hope he's our 3rd option on PF, and not the 2nd. Kind of as an extra rather than someone to depend on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:46 AM   #92
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so glad that we're going for the likes of Gooden and Tim Thomas over scrubs like Okafur.

You know, a blind, monkey, wombat that is half paralyzed and really let itself go could see that we needed a center. I mean, if Gortat was seriously the ONLY plan to get a center. Why? Gortat isn't the last center on earth. I mean jiminy christmas.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:59 AM   #93
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

When Damp lands us nobody special we'll look back and say "remember when we could of gotten Okafor for Damp? instead we got Tim Thomas."

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 07-28-2009 at 02:59 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:02 AM   #94
mavs777
Diamond Member

Its just one source, I find it hard to believe
Old 07-28-2009, 03:06 AM   #95
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
When Damp lands us nobody special we'll look back and say "remember when we could of gotten Okafor for Damp? instead we got Tim Thomas."
Nah, I doubt I would butcher the English language like that.

I like how you assume Charlotte would have accepted the trade, as well as assume Damp will bring us less in a year it holds more value.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:11 AM   #96
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Nah, I doubt I would butcher the English language like that.
I'm so glad we gotta english teacher 'round hear to correct all of tha minor grammer misstakes 'round here. Thank yas so much!

(It's a forum, Chill TFO)

I should of clarified though, assuming the rumor Okafor for Damp is true. (But you did come across as a bit of an ass that post, just an FYI. Butchered the english language for "could of"? come on. According to urban dictionary, could have is wrong. Since this is an NBA team's forum where most NBA players frequently use the urban dictionary, including new Dallas Mavericks player Shawn Marion, "could of" is allowed.)

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 07-28-2009 at 03:28 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:22 AM   #97
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Quote:

Greatness. I lol'ed.

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:36 AM   #98
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

At least Thomas was not part of the Shawn Marion trade. Good god, could you imagine paying him 6.5 million next season to warm the bench?

Old 07-28-2009, 03:38 AM   #99
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
At least Thomas was not part of the Shawn Marion trade. Good god, could you imagine paying him 6.5 million next season to warm the bench?
Good point, Rep+1
Old 07-28-2009, 03:38 AM   #100
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Good point
Old 07-28-2009, 03:45 AM   #101
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

I think they are reserving Damp for Bosh and Bosh>Okafor. Our team right now is upgraded defensively (primarily Marion and Ross), adding Gooden makes us a good rebounding team, and Tim Thomas for Dirk's back up in offense. I think the line up is more versatile now, and can matched up with any teams.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:46 AM   #102
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Now THIS guy definitely makes the Mavs tougher...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs57alMyzsQ

Old 07-28-2009, 04:47 AM   #103
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know, shooter? He's a shooter? I mean, he makes me want to shoot myself, but a shooter?
awesome
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:49 AM   #104
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Quote:
Now THIS guy definitely makes the Mavs tougher...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs57alMyzsQ
Bwahahahaha wtf!!?!?!
Old 07-28-2009, 05:22 AM   #105
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Ridiculous. Who's next, Michael Olowokandi??
Old 07-28-2009, 06:31 AM   #106
Folterkammer

Folterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really nice

If we would have gotten TT in the Marion trade we would have gotten Buck expiring at 4.5 ( and not guaranteed ) and TT expiring at 6.5 million. that are some awesome pieces to trade.
i just don't think we will make any more trades. if they turned down damp for okafor that means either they are 90% sure they will get a superstar next year for damp or that they dont want to take any long term contracts. okafor will earn 60 million over the next 5 years.
admittingly a lineup of:
okafor
dirk
marion
josh
kidd
with jet, jjb, gooden, ross and damp off the bench would make me jizz in my pants
Old 07-28-2009, 07:04 AM   #107
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Looking at the Mavs' minute distribution in the playoffs last season and thinking about how it might look with the current roster (including Gooden and TT) instead of the one the Mavs actually had available. Three things:

1) Wright and Bass, undoubtedly the two most significant subtractions, combined for just under 36mpg in the playoffs. That sounds like it's just about the right amount of time on court for Marion, and that is a sizable upgrade for the Mavs at the top of the rotation.

2) Hollins, who appears likely to head elsewhere much to the chagrin of a number of overly sentimental Dallas fans, played 9.3 mpg. Worst case scenario now would appear to be that those minutes go to Drew Gooden. There's something to be said for having a center available to play the center position, but you're kidding yourself if you think Gooden won't bring a lot more to the table than Hollins would have. Another clear upgrade.

3) Gerald Green and Matt Carroll combined for just under 8 mpg. Those minutes now go to TT, presumably, and perhaps Ross, and that is also all to the good.

Now, there will be other minute shifts, but if you trust Carlisle then at least you can trust that if Gooden plays 20+ mpg it'll be because he's earned 20+ mpg. Bottom line, while the two (potential) newest Mavericks unquestionably leave something to be desired, let's not lose sight of the fact that with those signings the Mavs will have achieved upgrades throughout their rotation, from the core down to the fringe guys. Put it all in context and this figures to be a much improved team.
really spot on analysis. not sure why there is so much hate towards this move, but personally i've always liked the thought of having a 9th or 10th man who can actually play versus a project who needs more development. we are clearly at the point where we are trying to win now, so don't have any issues with this move and am actually a big fan.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:20 AM   #108
mpb319

mpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the rough

I am not a fan of Tim Thomas or his game.
He can however get hot and shoot you into a game...but if his shot is not falling his absolute lack of defense should get him a quick hook back to the bench.

This signing makes us a nightmare matchup team.
Dirk, TT, Marion, Josh, Kidd
Dirk, Marion, Josh, Jet, Kidd
Gooden, Dirk, TT, Jet, Kidd
Gooden, Dirk, Marion, Jet, Kidd
ETC....

The combinations are numerous and can be deadly when matched correctly.
If this team can stay healthy...then we should be able to play with anyone.
If not then we have the depth that will allow us to weather non-year ending injuries without having only 1-2 people who can score.

Now we need to clean up the extra bodies and the Buck Shot for one more versatile player at the SG position.
mpb319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:32 AM   #109
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

First of all, the notion that Dirk hates Tim Thomas is almost certainly false. And I wouldn't really care if he did.

However, this move sucks. And I'm not backing down on this one either. This is stupid. I don't care about numbers (although they suck), I don't care about matchups, I don't care about rotations.

Anyone who has watched the NBA over the past ten years knows that Tim Thomas is a loser. He's a loser. He doesn't care about competing night in and night out, he doesn't care about putting in an effort defensively, he doesn't care about playing within a system. He's a chucker, he's lazy, and he has no business on a team trying to win. He is the antithesis of Dirk in every imaginable way.

Period.

Trying to talk yourself into Tim Thomas based on stats and rotations is, imo, ridiculous.

This....sucks.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-28-2009 at 07:33 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:58 AM   #110
mpb319

mpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the rough

Like I said...not a fan of his.
I'm not talking myself into TT...but it looks like he is a going to be a Mav.

I think it kinda sucks too...but so did Employee #8...hopefully it works out.
mpb319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:01 AM   #111
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

thig.... Dirk may not "hate" him. But TT did punk him. I would hope that would bother Dirk a little bit.

Well now I'm thinking myself out of that. Because in the end Dirk got the last laugh.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:02 AM   #112
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Anyone who has watched the NBA over the past ten years knows that Tim Thomas is a loser. He's a loser. He doesn't care about competing night in and night out, he doesn't care about putting in an effort defensively, he doesn't care about playing within a system. He's a chucker, he's lazy, and he has no business on a team trying to win.
So incredibly true
Old 07-28-2009, 08:07 AM   #113
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAcqgA9pHfM , the younger Tim Thomas..
Old 07-28-2009, 08:07 AM   #114
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
thig.... Dirk may not "hate" him. But TT did punk him. I would hope that would bother Dirk a little bit.

Well now I'm thinking myself out of that. Because in the end Dirk got the last laugh.
Personally, I really just don't care about that. That kind of stuff happens in every rec center in every city in the country. Dirk would have to be a little nuts to hold a grudge over something like that.

I'm not worried about what Dirk thinks about Tim Thomas because of "the kiss", I'm worried about what the entire team thinks of Tim Thomas because he's never shown that he cares about playing basketball.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-28-2009, 08:13 AM   #115
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

This Tim Thomas hate is getting ridiculous....if the guy does end up coming here it's gonna be cheap and he's GONNA BE ON THE BENCH not starting, first people on here and those cry babies on DB.com where bashing the hell out of Drew Gooden now it's Tim Thomas, people are really bashing Tim Thomas over something that happened almost 4 years with him and Dirk and Dirk probably could care less about it now, the Mavs might as well cut Gooden and Thomas and bring Austin Croshere and Juwan Howard back since nobody seems to want Gooden and Thomas on the team besides me, I mean bring Croshere and Howard back man since people hate Gooden and Thomas so damm much.

The Mavs where ranked almost dead last in 3-point shooting in the NBA and Rick Carlisle noticed that why he went to get Tim Thomas who shoot's 41% from the 3 point line incase the haters didn't know, I'm pretty sure Rick Carlisle can handle Tim Thomas being that he had Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson on the same team, just like somebody on here said...if Tim Thomas start messing up the team he's gonna get sent home just like Shawn Willams did, I would love for somebody to try prove me wrong since people in this forum like doing that anyway...come on!!!!!!!! I'm ready for it!!!!!!
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:25 AM   #116
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
...Tim Thomas who shoot's 41% from the 3 point line incase the haters didn't know..
Small sample sizes are so much fun.....

Not saying he can't shoot the three. Again..he's a loser. Stephen Jackson and Ron Artest are nuts, but when they step on the court they clearly care about winning. Tim Thomas has never given that vibe or had that rep.

Tim Thomas is a joke.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 07-28-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #117
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
With all this focus on the elusive big-center-that-can-score-and-play-defense, we've forgotten that our percentage on threes last year was deplorable.
Yup....it was about the only category that we were way,way down in the league stat standings. Offense, rebounding were quite good. FTA's and 3pt% were woeful.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:11 AM   #118
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
First of all, the notion that Dirk hates Tim Thomas is almost certainly false. And I wouldn't really care if he did.

However, this move sucks. And I'm not backing down on this one either. This is stupid. I don't care about numbers (although they suck), I don't care about matchups, I don't care about rotations.

Anyone who has watched the NBA over the past ten years knows that Tim Thomas is a loser. He's a loser. He doesn't care about competing night in and night out, he doesn't care about putting in an effort defensively, he doesn't care about playing within a system. He's a chucker, he's lazy, and he has no business on a team trying to win. He is the antithesis of Dirk in every imaginable way.

Period.

Trying to talk yourself into Tim Thomas based on stats and rotations is, imo, ridiculous.

This....sucks.
exactly on the money! rep
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #119
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

This is saddening news. I absolutely hate Tim Thomas.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #120
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

I've been out of the loop for awhile, so let me get this straight, these are the moves the Mavs have done in the offseason:

-re-signed Kidd... woo hoo a 38 yr old PG.
-got pwned by Otis Smith *after* saving the Magic money...
-draft was a yawn
-traded for a *former* all-star whose shot I now have to fight the urge to cringe at
-signed a head case spare that will sully a Mavericks uniform-tough to spin anything positive out of Gooden (If he was'nt gooden turrible he would have stuck with a team by now)
-signed an a-hole spare that's 6'10" and does'nt rebound, hustle, or play defense...
-the last two combining for 16 teams in 19 seasons...
-and last but not least...letting 2-3 promising young players walk for nothing...
did I miss anything?

Sorry, but I'd need about 10 phds in spin doctoring to talk myself into liking what's going on this offseason...

Tags
arrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh, bitchfest, emo overreaction, flaco's purple niples, kill me now, kiss of death, no funeral, noogod!nogodpleaseno!nono, noooooooooooooooooooooooo, now cue office theme