Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-13-2014, 11:23 PM   #41
SeanL

SeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
From what I recall that land was desolate barren wasteland before the Israelis got there. Made it prosperous, could easily have shared that prosperity with the Palestinians but their reluctance to even allow Israelis to live sort makes a two state solution sorta...well...impossible.

With respect to your scenario, if that occurred I would expect the Mexicans to wipe me and mine off the face of the earth if me and mine could not find a way to live peacefully next to them. Strong horse and all.

If the Palestinians can not find a way to get over it, IMO the best thing the Israelis could do ( for the Israelis )would be to end it.

You make it sound as if the Israelis themselves haven't been conquered and driven out of their homeland by first Romans and then Muslims. Like history only started in 1945ish. When exactly did Islam conquer that territory anyway?

Sorry, stuff happens.
Romans and the Islamic caliphate weren't Western style democracies, yet you keep on comparing Israel to them. Do you not think Israel is a Western style democracy?
SeanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2014, 11:26 PM   #42
SeanL

SeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsafier View Post
In fact, the Israeli Arabs enjoy freedom unparalleled in any other Arab country in the Middle East. For example, as any citizen, they have the right to vote and be elected. In fact 10% of the Israeli parliament members are Arabs. Again, don't take my word for it, check what Wiki has to say.
How about Arabs who had the misfortune of being born in say Hebron rather than say Haifa. Do they have a right to vote? Can't really claim Israel gives Arabs all these rights when you only give a small fraction of them those rights.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:28 PM   #43
SeanL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
My impression is that the Israeli civilian casualty rate is significantly lower because of the Iron Dome. But just because they have that defensive technology does not mean others get to launch rockets at them with reckless abandon.
You present it as a binary choice of Israel just passively accepting rockets or turning Gaza into a crater. There is a middle ground, but Israelis place very little value on Palestinian life, which is why military actions against Palestinians by Israelis is usually excessively harsh and bloody. Especially with regards to civilians.