Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 10-23-2006, 06:43 PM   #81
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
He will most likely be posting again come November 8th when his party retakes the House.

Just a guess.....
As much shit as he took for the last 3-5 years....he would be welcomed back imho. I actually liked reeds even though I neg repped the crap out of him.

Last edited by Drbio; 10-23-2006 at 06:43 PM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2006, 06:56 PM   #82
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

It says his last activity was November 2005, so he hasn't been around for a long time.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:36 AM   #83
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
As much as he took for the last 3-5 years....he would be welcomed back imho. I actually liked reeds even though I neg repped the crap out of him.
Oh I agree.... I actually liked him for the most part. He was soooo predictable, but always good for a laugh. Especially when you would get him riled up.

He is only the 2nd pro-life Democrat I have ever known to be in existance. I know there are more, but have only met 2.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:41 AM   #84
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

uh...pretty much every Catholic in the America, U2

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:02 AM   #85
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
uh...pretty much every Catholic in the America, U2
Well... then I've met 2 Catholics. I actually work with a Catholic.... but he is a Republican.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:22 AM   #86
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Well... then I've met 2 Catholics. I actually work with a Catholic.... but he is a Republican.
it probably is more reflective of how little we mention this topic in personal conversations...

uhhh, reputation rocks?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 10-24-2006 at 10:22 AM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:57 PM   #87
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I live in the Bay Area and EVERYONE but me is a Democrat.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 05-25-2007, 03:52 PM   #88
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This section contains many settings that dictate how users of your forum are able to affect each other's reputation score.

Enable User Reputation system

This is the global switch for the reputation system. If you disable this, users will not be able to rate each other nor will their scores be visible.

Default Reputation
This is the reputation score that new users will start out with.

Number of Reputation Levels to Display
When a user enters their User CP, they will see a list of their most recent reputation ratings. This affects how many of the latest ratings to display.

Administrator's Reputation Power
If you wish to have administrator's wield a certain reputation power independent of their calculated score, enter it here. Otherwise, set this to 0 and they will use the same calculations as everyone else.

Register Date Factor
The number of reputation points that a user is able to give or take is dependant on several factors, with the length they have been registered as one of them. A user's power is first initialized at 1 and then this factor and the factors that follow are used to increase it. For example if you set this to 365, every 365 days that the user has been a member of your forum, they would gain one point. So if they have been a member for five years, they would gain 5 points of power for a total of 6.

Post Count Factor
The amount of posts that a user has can also affect their reputation power. Set this to number of posts that you want to award one point for. For example, set this to 50 and for a user with 500 posts, they would gain 10 points of power.

Reputation Point Factor
The users current reputation score can also affect their reputation power. Set this to 100 and a user with a reputation of 1000 would gain 10 points of reputation power. If you set any of the power factors to 0, that will effectively remove that factor from having an effect on the user's reputation power.

Minimum Post Count
If the reputation system is enabled, anyone will be able to rate a post but only users with a post count above the level you set here will be able to actually give points or take points from another user.

Minimum Reputation Count
As with the post count above, a user must have a reputation above this level to be able to give or take points from another user's score.

Daily Reputation Clicks Limit
This sets how many unique members that a forum user will be able to rate in any 24 hour period. Administrators can rate as many people as they wish.

Reputation User Spread
This setting dictates how many unique members that a user must rate before they are able to rate the same member twice. The goal of this setting is to stop a member from either artificially bumping or dropping a user by repeatedly rating their posts.
I found this in the vBulletin admin manual. I wonder what all of the settings on this board are set to. I know several of us had asked what the formula for computing rep given was, but we never got an answer.

Ours seems to be weighted on post count more than anything else
Old 05-25-2007, 04:52 PM   #89
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting... As a reminder, everyone please continue to give me positive rep as often as possible!
Old 05-25-2007, 07:50 PM   #90
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I found this in the vBulletin admin manual. I wonder what all of the settings on this board are set to. I know several of us had asked what the formula for computing rep given was, but we never got an answer.

Ours seems to be weighted on post count more than anything else
You are a fellow math nerd right flaco? We probably could run a regression to figure this diddy out. It'll probably take more effort than it's worth though

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 05-25-2007 at 07:54 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:54 PM   #91
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Do you really have time to do these things??? I mean, COME ON... Who has the time to do this, post 10k times, and play the stupid arcade! What a waste of a perfectly good life!
Old 05-25-2007, 11:41 PM   #92
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
I live in the Bay Area and EVERYONE but me is a Democrat.
I'm not a deMONcrat =]

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:44 AM   #93
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I live in the Bay Area and EVERYONE but me is a homosexual.
I'm not surprised.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 06:43 PM   #94
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
You are a fellow math nerd right flaco? We probably could run a regression to figure this diddy out. It'll probably take more effort than it's worth though
Yes!!!

Alright start keeping a record of how many rep points you receive from rep to rep, the poster who did it, the length of time they've been registered and the number of posts they have.!
Old 05-26-2007, 11:03 PM   #95
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Um, what happens if you get two or more reps before checking it again?
Old 05-26-2007, 11:16 PM   #96
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Well what are the odds of flaco making two quality posts that close together?

fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:26 PM   #97
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Well what are the odds of flaco making two quality posts that close together?

Depends. Are we talking about independent, or dependent, variables? In other words, is Flaco equally likely to make a non-quality post the second time out as he was the first time? If so, this would certainly make the problem at hand far more manageable.

If, however, Flaco is of the high-variance type and he occassionally gets on an unlikely roll of quality posts, each dependent in some way on the one before...then the calculations get messy.

Let's take the easy route and assume that every trial is independent. In that case, all we need to do is to determine the likelihood that Flaco makes one quality post in one try.

Let's see. He has made about 6000 posts in one year's time. That's, what, a little under 20 posts a day, ballpark? I reckon he's good for a couple quality posts a day. So we'll figure it one in ten that Flaco makes a quality post.

Take one-in-ten and multiply it by one-in-ten, and those are your odds that Flaco makes two quality posts in a row. Looks like one in a hundred to me.

Of course, the math experts will be along shortly to correct me.

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:39 AM   #98
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

I'd be happy to help, just give me reps and I'll post how many points they were worth

Old 05-27-2007, 02:34 AM   #99
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male26Dan
Lol, that's what just happened to me.

Between reps from chum and U2 I got about 80-100 rep points. I donno how many for each of them, but the total was about that.

Old 05-27-2007, 03:02 AM   #100
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's not a problem for me. My posts are pretty low quality so I usually go weeks without getting repped.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 05-27-2007 at 03:04 AM.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:29 AM   #101
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Lol, that's what just happened to me.

Between reps from chum and U2 I got about 80-100 rep points. I donno how many for each of them, but the total was about that.
Maybe u2 doesn't want us to know how the system worked and he repped you just to spite our statistical study. That u2 is a tricky one for sure.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 05-27-2007 at 03:29 AM.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:45 AM   #102
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yes!!!

Alright start keeping a record of how many rep points you receive from rep to rep, the poster who did it, the length of time they've been registered and the number of posts they have.!
Unfortunately you are leaving out one important variable -

Quote:
Reputation Point Factor
The users current reputation score can also affect their reputation power. Set this to 100 and a user with a reputation of 1000 would gain 10 points of reputation power. If you set any of the power factors to 0, that will effectively remove that factor from having an effect on the user's reputation power.
I'm not sure how I can obtain this easily short of begging posters to leave their # of rep points in the comment or something. And this process would probably cause such tired-head in posters, that I wouldn't get any rep points at all. The only other way is to have mod privileges.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 05-27-2007, 10:05 AM   #103
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I think we are going a bit too far with this!
Old 05-27-2007, 11:48 AM   #104
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think we are going a bit too far with this!
On the contrary, I don't think we are going far enough

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 05-27-2007, 01:02 PM   #105
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

All I know is that docs rep was worth a whole crap load of points
Old 05-27-2007, 01:23 PM   #106
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Depends. Are we talking about independent, or dependent, variables? In other words, is Flaco equally likely to make a non-quality post the second time out as he was the first time? If so, this would certainly make the problem at hand far more manageable.

If, however, Flaco is of the high-variance type and he occassionally gets on an unlikely roll of quality posts, each dependent in some way on the one before...then the calculations get messy.

Let's take the easy route and assume that every trial is independent. In that case, all we need to do is to determine the likelihood that Flaco makes one quality post in one try.

Let's see. He has made about 6000 posts in one year's time. That's, what, a little under 20 posts a day, ballpark? I reckon he's good for a couple quality posts a day. So we'll figure it one in ten that Flaco makes a quality post.

Take one-in-ten and multiply it by one-in-ten, and those are your odds that Flaco makes two quality posts in a row. Looks like one in a hundred to me.

Of course, the math experts will be along shortly to correct me.

lol nice
Old 05-27-2007, 01:30 PM   #107
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quality post
Old 05-27-2007, 01:46 PM   #108
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Haha yeah, and he gave out a lot of rep.

Old 05-27-2007, 07:34 PM   #109
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

If there ever was a reason to stay off of Doc's bad list it was to avoid seeing the little red boxes grow under your vCash total.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:29 AM   #110
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

yes, the air is fresher now that I don't get my weekly negative rep from the tool
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:21 AM   #111
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
i think you're grossly over-estimating with this assumption.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:38 AM   #112
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Hahaha... I would have to agree with BBL.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:47 PM   #113
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
About 75 for one rep alone toward the end.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:50 PM   #114
fluid.forty.one

Chum comes in around 55 a pop

so considering he's kind of close to drbios rep power, but with 1/4 of the posts... I'd say it has more to do with your rep points than with your post count.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:52 PM   #115
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i started this thread...! looks like it is still going strong...........rep to me please...

Last edited by MavsX; 05-28-2007 at 09:52 PM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:05 AM   #116
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i was not begging you bastards! but turns out it does work!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:09 AM   #117
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

^ Lucky guy :P

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:35 PM   #118
fluid.forty.one

hmm let me try..

Give me rep!
Old 05-29-2007, 06:45 PM   #119
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Chum comes in around 55 a pop

so considering he's kind of close to drbios rep power, but with 1/4 of the posts... I'd say it has more to do with your rep points than with your post count.
Why would we care about post count? A large number of rep points for a small number of posts is more impressive than a large number of rep points for a large number of posts. If anything, post count should be a negative effect on rep power (although I do not advocate this).
Old 05-29-2007, 07:28 PM   #120
fluid.forty.one

woah there. I wasn't saying how it should be, I was just discussing how the formula worked. sheesh.