Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 09-13-2008, 12:42 PM   #161
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I want to put some video on my wifes iPhone...anyone know of a good free .avi to mp4 converter?
Will itunes not convert it for you? It will convert wav. files to mp3.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #162
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
posting from iPhone...very cool

do you like it
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:26 AM   #163
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
If your iPhone was "backed up" before you won't lose anything. Saves all settings and stuff. It takes awhile to restore though. You will probably need to set aside 30mins - 1 hour. It transfers everything back onto your phone.

I tried this as well..bc it was suggested on other forums but it did not work. Hopefully with iTunes 8 coming out it fixes it.
Did you ever fix your 3rd party app problem?

My wife's phone was running 2.0, and she updated to 2.1 last night, and then her apps stopped working. They start and then immediately close. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:10 AM   #164
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Different things have worked for different people. When my 3rd party apps stopped working I downloaded a new app and suddenly the old ones started working again. 2.1 was supposed to contain a fix for that. Have you downloaded itunes 8.0?

Last edited by dirno2000; 09-16-2008 at 10:11 AM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:13 AM   #165
dirno2000
Diamond Member

BTW, I dowloaded AOL Radio this morning so I could listen to Philly Fan whine about McNabb and the refs all day.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:56 PM   #166
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did you ever fix your 3rd party app problem?

My wife's phone was running 2.0, and she updated to 2.1 last night, and then her apps stopped working. They start and then immediately close. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.
Before the 2.1 fix came out..

I deleted all the programs...resync'd...and added the programs by the phone..and they worked again..

Then I downloaded 2.1 and everytihng is still good. Coverage sucked in Houston bc of IKE though.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:47 PM   #167
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need your help!

I didnt feel like searching for an already existing iphone thread, so dont flame me.

Anyone know any legit software to jail hack/break an iPhone 3G?

I'm fiddling around with my new phone and want to be able to have custom content on it, but i don't know which software to trust on the internet..

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:40 PM   #168
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I got one for Christmas as well, but I'm not going to risk jail breaking mine. I don't see much of a point right now actually...what "custom content" is it that you want to jail break it for exactly?

I bet there are plenty of iPhone message boards out there or something to find out about this. Or good old mr. google.

Do any of you guys know of any good iPhone resources?
Old 12-29-2008, 01:30 AM   #169
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the same boat as you, but im kind of reluctant to jail break it without knowing the pro's and con's about it.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:33 AM   #170
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a little more difficult to find a good jail-breaking program without messing up your iphone and there's also a chance to void the warranty if you do that. I think there are some good ones out there, though. Just google around.

Last edited by Windmill360; 12-29-2008 at 01:33 AM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:34 AM   #171
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

There's a cool app I recommend getting that is free called Pandora Radio.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #172
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Jailbreaking your iPhone causes software updates to not work. The software updates fixes bugs and helps the functionality of the phone. You would have to wait for each software update to get jailbroken for it to work. I've also read sometimes the apps do not work as well.

I believe the only reason someone should jailbreak their iPhone is if they don't want to stick with AT&T.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:49 PM   #173
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
There's a cool app I recommend getting that is free called Pandora Radio.
Pandora is awesome. I use it all the time on my computer when I'm studying.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #174
nikeball
Platinum Member

The apps I use the most on my iphone are...

Sportacular (The more and more I use it..the more awesome I feel it is)
Twinkle (Twitter)
Now Playing (movies..showtimes, ratings, etc)
Maps (Google..that came with phone..it is great)
Old 01-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #175
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

not sure if this is posted somewhere in this thread, but there's an app where you hold up your phone and it'll tell you what song is playing around you. that's ridiculous.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #176
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
not sure if this is posted somewhere in this thread, but there's an app where you hold up your phone and it'll tell you what song is playing around you. that's ridiculous.
It's called Shazam.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:05 PM   #177
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Shazam comes in handy more often than I had originally thought it would. I think there are others like it as well.

I clicked on "Top 25" apps today and saw that the number one PAID app is something called "iFart Mobile"...you're so awesome, America.

I found an app called "Bible" which comes in handy.

But what comes in most handy, is the "Lightsaber Unleashed" program. Give your phone a wave and annoy the crap out of your wife... so much fun.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #178
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

idiocracy
Old 01-05-2009, 03:09 PM   #179
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

What? The lightsaber thing? or "iFartMobile"?

(seriously, what IS that?)

Last edited by Flacolaco; 01-05-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #180
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I was referring to the iFart thing. I have no idea what it is. The day I own an Apple product that I paid for is the day I'm 6 feet underground.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #181
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Video: iFart in action

[100% Rick Roll-free]

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-05-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:18 PM   #182
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Like u2 said...idiocracy.

On the upside, I learned that I can in fact access the German YouTube from work.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #183
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
On the upside, I learned that I can in fact access the German YouTube from work.
Das ist gut!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:11 PM   #184
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

hmm, call me troll, but G1 FTW :P
Old 01-05-2009, 04:11 PM   #185
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see me ever needing or wanting this type of technology.. I know it's awesome. I have played around with one a few times. But, I have enough time kills in my life as it is. I can't see adding something else that'll kill large quantities of time that don't really need to be killed in the first place.

Hell, that's what this place is for.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #186
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
hmm, call me troll, but G1 FTW :P
Concur. Even if I didn't agree with U2's stance on Apple, the lack of a micro sd slot would be an absolute deal breaker for me on an iphone. Given the fact that you can now get 16 gb micro sd's for so little cash, I would absolutely go for a smart phone like the G1 instead.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 01-05-2009 at 04:18 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #187
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Quote:
I want to put some video on my wifes iPhone...anyone know of a good free .avi to mp4 converter?
Flaco, do you still need this?
Old 01-05-2009, 05:55 PM   #188
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I can't see me ever needing or wanting this type of technology.. I know it's awesome. I have played around with one a few times. But, I have enough time kills in my life as it is. I can't see adding something else that'll kill large quantities of time that don't really need to be killed in the first place.

Hell, that's what this place is for.
I've got mine a year ago. At first, I played around with it all day long. Now, it's stricly used when I need it. I listen to audio books whenever I use public transportation, I use it to call people and when I'm at a party, I'm glad that I can share my music with people by pulgging it into the sound system. Occasionally I use the maps function, check out movie times and read new email, but that's about it. - It's still amazing for all of these things. I don't know if I were as happy with another smartphone...

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:06 PM   #189
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Flaco, do you still need this?
I'm using videora now. It seems OK to me...fair file size/quality ratio
Old 01-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #190
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Does it leave a watermark?
Old 01-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #191
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
It's called Shazam.
?

Last edited by MavsX; 01-05-2009 at 07:57 PM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:22 PM   #192
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'm using Viagra now. It seems OK to me...fair size/quality pleasure.
I know this doesn't belong here....but come on.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:35 PM   #193
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I broken down. Jesus, it's kind of seductive.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #194
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Does it leave a watermark?
No.

And the rest of you..... I hate you
Old 01-06-2009, 03:04 AM   #195
fluid.forty.one

speaking of apple...

http://www.theonion.com/content/vide..._revolutionary
Old 01-06-2009, 03:17 AM   #196
Windmill360
Diamond Member

lol @ "use computers for actual work and not just dicking around"
Old 01-07-2009, 04:59 PM   #197
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

iFart has a new version out. pretty sweet. You can fart a friend.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:31 AM   #198
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

If you search apps for "Mavericks" there is a neat little program that just has the Mavericks schedule. It's very simple, just date and times. Nice presentation, and kind of handy to have.

There's a "Stars" app as well, which has been all kinds of useful lately when planning around our season tickets.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:38 AM   #199
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Quote:
If you search apps for "Mavericks" there is a neat little program that just has the Mavericks schedule. It's very simple, just date and times. Nice presentation, and kind of handy to have.

There's a "Stars" app as well, which has been all kinds of useful lately when planning around our season tickets.
You could also get sportacular, which has all the major sports. Gives you schedules, scores, stats, news and other stuff.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:36 AM   #200
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I think I've discovered just about the coolest possible use of the iPhone--using the Pandora app to stream custom radio stations over the cell network while the phone is plugged into my car stereo through the Aux input. It's especially nice for longer drives, like Austin to Dallas or back.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 02-11-2009 at 01:37 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote