Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-08-2016, 10:37 PM   #121
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Parsons definitely didn't help.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2016, 10:38 PM   #122
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Probably a good 10 games this season where we played like straight up garbage for a whole half and then rally at the end to make it a game. No excuse for a vet team to do that. Way too many 3's in first half, lazy offense, lazy defense... Also idk y Harris wasn't in there at the end, he deserved to be seeing as how he's the only one outside of zaza who came to play start to finish.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:43 PM   #123
Oberon

Oberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of light

Man we had that game in our hand. Actually those late game situations should be made for a veteran team like Dallas. I was expecting a win when Felton tied the game but it did not happen. Williams had a very good look at the end but it wasn't his night.

We are such an inconsistent team.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:43 PM   #124
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Id take Crowder over Parsons...
Friend of mine was at the game behind mavs bench and said he saw Crowder in a hoodie saying hi to the mavs bench during an intermission. No idea why he would be at the game though.

Unless.................... nah.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:56 PM   #125
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Have to temper expectations for this month. Its hard though when youre in the moment watching these games.

2-3 to start January. I have them finishing 8-10, possibly 9-9. As long as the Mavs can stay the 6-7 seed, we should be good.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:22 AM   #126
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Would have loved to get this one. After the Wolves there's a brutal four-game-stretch with a b2b against Cleveland and @Thunder, then @Bulls and @Spurs.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:47 AM   #127
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

This team is very boring to watch at times and last night was a prime example.

Can't understand why they can't get energized to play at times. Dirk pacing kills us in these situations and that is why I'd like to see Rick go with more of an energy team against the lower tier at times. Might as well rest Dirk for those types of games if he has no interest in playing at a high level. Not blaming all on Dirk but the team certainly takes the lead from him at times and just seems to think they can jump shoot their way back into games.

Bucks don't even have a shot blocker and we're jacking up 3s every time down...pathetic loss.

Last edited by rimrocker; 01-09-2016 at 10:48 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 11:08 AM   #128
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

I think I'm one of the lucky ones who slept in and only woke up for 2nd half. Otherwise I would've probably gone to sleep after 1st half. Or watched it like I done with few other games - sleeping and listening at the same time.

One thing I don't get is that RC doesn't like to ride the hot hand for long, unless they are starters. If Harris was hot, why not to give him more minutes? RC has done it many times where he sits the hot hand just to put some starter in. I get it that D-Will gets his minutes but you could've added at least 9 minutes from Barea to Harris.

I'm not too pissed though. Mavs had every chance to win at the end. It was interesting to see D-Will hesitating with his clutch shots after the big 3 he hit previously. From the stat line he seemed to doubt with his jumper but I may be wrong here since I missed the 1st half. Mavs have so far lost every game when Williams scores less than 10 points.

Last edited by Thebo; 01-09-2016 at 11:13 AM.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote