Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 08-17-2003, 06:17 PM   #1
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all
Default Mavs trade suggestion...

I was thinking for a while about how we could get a good PF or Center on our team... well how about this. We trade Finley to Portland/Clippers and get Wallace/Brand. Fin will be missed.. but there is still S. Jackson waiting for a team... we could buy him for the MLE and he would fill in the void left by fin very well. I think our team would improve drastically, and we could be the best in the west. I'm pretty certain that we will not see Fin next year. What do you think?
Old 08-17-2003, 06:48 PM   #2
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

Well I heard a trade that said Mills/Fortson for Ratliff. In my opinion this would be a steal, but most of the posters on here area optimistic that Atlanta would do it.

Golden State trades: SF Chris Mills (4.8 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.1 apg in 12.5 minutes)
PF Danny Fortson (3.5 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 13.1 minutes)
Golden State receives: PF Chris Crawford (4.8 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.2 apg in 7.6 minutes)
C Theo Ratliff (8.7 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 31.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +5.2 ppg, +2.2 rpg, and -0.7 apg.

Atlanta trades: PF Chris Crawford (4.8 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.2 apg in 7.6 minutes)
Atlanta receives: SF Chris Mills (4.8 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.1 apg in 21 games)
PF Danny Fortson (3.5 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 17 games)
Change in team outlook: -5.2 ppg, -2.2 rpg, and +0.7 apg.

Old 08-17-2003, 07:33 PM   #3
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: one long blue sock
Well I heard a trade that said Mills/Fortson for Ratliff. In my opinion this would be a steal, but most of the posters on here area optimistic that Atlanta would do it.

Golden State trades: SF Chris Mills (4.8 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.1 apg in 12.5 minutes)
PF Danny Fortson (3.5 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 13.1 minutes)
Golden State receives: PF Chris Crawford (4.8 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.2 apg in 7.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +5.2 ppg, +2.2 rpg, and -0.7 apg.

Atlanta trades: PF Chris Crawford (4.8 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.2 apg in 7.6 minutes)
Atlanta receives: SF Chris Mills (4.8 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.1 apg in 21 games)
PF Danny Fortson (3.5 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 17 games)
Change in team outlook: -5.2 ppg, -2.2 rpg, and +0.7 apg.
Would Atlanta really do this just to save the money they get from Mills salary? I think they would rather keep Ratliff.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 07:39 PM   #4
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirk2003
I was thinking for a while about how we could get a good PF or Center on our team... well how about this. We trade Finley to Portland/Clippers and get Wallace/Brand. Fin will be missed.. but there is still S. Jackson waiting for a team... we could buy him for the MLE and he would fill in the void left by fin very well. I think our team would improve drastically, and we could be the best in the west. I'm pretty certain that we will not see Fin next year. What do you think?
oh right because we really need another pf. that's why we have dirk, remember? brand and wallace are both primarily forwards, so why would we trade our star sg to fill a position that we already have filled by a superstar?
Old 08-17-2003, 07:59 PM   #5
Randall the Great IV

Randall the Great IV is on a distinguished road

Because Finley is an overpaid player on the decline and we should be willing to take anything we can get for him.
Randall the Great IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 08:00 PM   #6
Randall the Great IV

Randall the Great IV is on a distinguished road

There's no way either of those teams are dumb enough to make those deals.

I'd trade Finley right now for Shawn Kemp.
Randall the Great IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 08:09 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Randall the Doof strikes again....
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 08:10 PM   #8
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all
Default RE: Mavs trade suggestion...

Have any of you payed attention to the portland series??? or has it all slipped ur mind cuz we advanced far? Sabonis was killing us inside with lay ups.. yes S A B O N I S! We got dunked on and gotten layups scored on soooooo many times. Lets face it.. Bradley and Raef suck at the Center and D. Raef is a good weak side defender.. but nothing more. He cannot control any of the big PF in the west.

We need to trade fin for someone who can close that gap. No kemp.. I'd never make that trade. But someone who can help us defensivly. Cuban has to realize that if we remain like we are.. we have no chance for anything next season!
Old 08-17-2003, 08:24 PM   #9
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Randall the Great IV
I'd trade Finley right now for Shawn Kemp.
And that's why you rode the short bus to school.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 08:34 PM   #10
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And that's why you rode the short bus to school.
Damn, that's funny.

The Clippers will not trade Brand for Finley. The Blazers wanted Finley for Wallace and Cuban turned it down. After the GS trade, would he reconsider? I doubt it.
Old 08-17-2003, 08:40 PM   #11
dirk2003

I dont know about that decision by Cuban.. I would of gone for it.

But if we could manage this it would be a dream:
Raef/Fin for Bonzi/Sheed.

Damn that would be great.
Old 08-18-2003, 03:41 AM   #12
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

The clipps wouldn't go for Mike for Brand deal,and after this trade,we really dont need wallace.
The trade Sock proposed is most logicle,and yes,Atlanta would do this just to save money.
You know they're in a dumping salary kind of mood when they replaced Big Dog for T.Brandons contract,you Also know they're looking to Dump Ratliffs huge contract.
With mills they get an expiring contract,that for a team like the Hawks is pure gold.
With Fortson you get a player to is much more easy to move,overpaid byt he only gets 6 Mil,not Ratliffs 10 Mil,and if you pay PJ 8 Mil a year,you could find a way to throw in Fortson in a deal.
Even if he stays,he might actualy provide for a team in the east,he would be their starting 4.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 04:46 AM   #13
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: nowitzki_prophecy
The clipps wouldn't go for Mike for Brand deal,and after this trade,we really dont need wallace.
The trade Sock proposed is most logicle,and yes,Atlanta would do this just to save money.
You know they're in a dumping salary kind of mood when they replaced Big Dog for T.Brandons contract,you Also know they're looking to Dump Ratliffs huge contract.
With mills they get an expiring contract,that for a team like the Hawks is pure gold.
With Fortson you get a player to is much more easy to move,overpaid byt he only gets 6 Mil,not Ratliffs 10 Mil,and if you pay PJ 8 Mil a year,you could find a way to throw in Fortson in a deal.
Even if he stays,he might actualy provide for a team in the east,he would be their starting 4.

I just think that Fortson is a waste of money to a salary dumping team. That's why GS was so adamant about dumping him. I like Mavs Rules 2003 idea of Bradley from the other thread. He is a cheap center.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 08:25 AM   #14
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

randull...

are you related to joe joe and rcf by any chance?
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote