Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-10-2004, 03:25 PM   #41
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Finley among three Mavs now nursing ankles

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Quote:
AND, the last time I checked, doesn't having a 3rd degree sprain actually involve the tearing of certain ligaments? It looks a bit like you're confusing ligaments and tendons.
you are correct. I used the wrong word.
Yes, you did use the wrong word. You're making a habit out of being wrong in our conversation today.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2004, 03:28 PM   #42
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

BTW, it is absolutely wrong to think that Finley has a third degree sprain. While researching Daniels' condition, I discovered that 3rd degree sprains are when the tendon actually tears. That means that he would not be getting up.
Wrong in so many ways....should we go back over this?
Old 11-10-2004, 05:36 PM   #43
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Finley among three Mavs now nursing ankles

God Dang. You don't have to quote the New England Journal of Medicine.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 06:39 PM   #44
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

live your sad little life
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 06:51 PM   #45
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
"If it only bothers me once a year, I don't think it's that big a deal," Nowitzki said.
if this is more than just optimism, Dirk does not seem worried.
The Finley injury could actually help this team in the long run, getting Daniels back into his groove and allowing Dirk a few more attempts a game. For some reason everyone seems ok with the fact that Fin is taking nearly the same ammount of shots as Dirk...I am not. Dirk needs to get around 20 shots a game and as far as I'm concerned, dispite his good % those can come from Finley taking a few less.

I'll go on the record as predicting Dirk(if healthy) will seriously step up his game with Finley out.

I'd have a problem with Fin's shot attempts if it was hurting the team but it isn't. I guess we hav eto blame something on Fin but his shot attempts definately shouldn't be one being he is our 2nd best scorer on this team. If Terry, Stack or Daniels will step up their offensive game i'd agree that Fin does need to lower his shots but so far that hasn't happened.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 02:08 AM   #46
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Filthy said: he is our 2nd best scorer on this team. If Terry, Stack or Daniels will step up their offensive game i'd agree that Fin does need to lower his shots but so far that hasn't happened.
actually, Stack is historically the second best scorer on the team.

You've missed my point Filthy, the point ISthat Fin has been taking almost as many shots as the supposed superstar...I hope Terry, Stack, and Daniels step up their collective games, but I still want Dirk taking near 20 a game...if the shots that get shaved to get Dirk near 20 are from a player other than Fin, ok, but I see the most readily avalible shots as coming off Finley.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 12:13 PM   #47
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Filthy said: he is our 2nd best scorer on this team. If Terry, Stack or Daniels will step up their offensive game i'd agree that Fin does need to lower his shots but so far that hasn't happened.
actually, Stack is historically the second best scorer on the team.

You've missed my point Filthy, the point ISthat Fin has been taking almost as many shots as the supposed superstar...I hope Terry, Stack, and Daniels step up their collective games, but I still want Dirk taking near 20 a game...if the shots that get shaved to get Dirk near 20 are from a player other than Fin, ok, but I see the most readily avalible shots as coming off Finley.
I'm referring to this season and Stack hasn't showed me he is even a top 5 scorere on this team. He gets to the rack with ease but he goes away from that. I got your point. You think Fin's attempts are taking away from Dirk getting shots which is not the case. Fin isn't the only one shooting the ball on this team is what i'm trying to say.

1996-2005
Old 11-11-2004, 03:50 PM   #48
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
BTW, it is absolutely wrong to think that Finley has a third degree sprain. While researching Daniels' condition, I discovered that 3rd degree sprains are when the tendon actually tears. That means that he would not be getting up.
Bump for Erica
Old 11-11-2004, 03:51 PM   #49
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Old 11-11-2004, 03:52 PM   #50
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Old 11-11-2004, 03:58 PM   #51
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
I suppose it must hurt to go back and forth with someone in a debate/argument only to get caught in your own backtracking.

Old 11-11-2004, 04:16 PM   #52
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I backtracked. I admit it. But no one likes someone who dwells on three or four tiny words and confronts someone so aggressively. I would have gladly corrected myself had you not been so aggressive with it and hadnt pretended to be infallible.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:33 PM   #53
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
I backtracked. I admit it. But no one likes someone who dwells on three or four tiny words and confronts someone so aggressively. I would have gladly corrected myself had you not been so aggressive with it and hadnt pretended to be infallible.
Wow, an aggressive poster such as yourself complaining because another aggressive poster calls them out when they're wrong? Erica, if you're going to aggressively go after people here on the board, excuses such as the one that you provided above just doesn't fly. If you're going to dish it out, please have the decency to take it and admit when you're wrong.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:39 PM   #54
TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 will become famous soon enoughTwoDeep3 will become famous soon enough

Gee Murph, picking on a girl.

What's next? Stealing school children's ice cream money?
Old 11-11-2004, 04:41 PM   #55
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Wow, an aggressive poster such as yourself complaining because another aggressive poster calls them out when they're wrong? Erica, if you're going to aggressively go after people here on the board, excuses such as the one that you provided above just doesn't fly. If you're going to dish it out, please have the decency to take it and admit when you're wrong.
Man you always have to be right. I admit it, I ramp things up sometimes, but I can't see how someone like you could question my aggression while pretending that you arent often and in this case, the aggressor. I'm not playing the high ground and "not taking it". I certainly have the right to tell it as it was, and you, Murphy, are an aggressive person. How is that a double standard?
Old 11-11-2004, 04:47 PM   #56
Murphy3
Guru

When I AM right, I have no problem continuously debating until the end.

However, the point is that when I'm wrong and it's been pointed out and proven that I'm wrong, I will admit it. I must say that the same does not apply to you in most situations.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:53 PM   #57
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

As incredibly interesting as it is, let's move this discussion along and BACK to basketball.

Thanks.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:02 PM   #58
Murphy3
Guru

Go play with your newborn Murph or something....
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

To keep the thread on topic, get well Finley.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:39 PM   #59
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

It figures when something goes wrong with the team, someone wants to point to Finley's shot attempts. And go figure it has to do with him taking away from Dirk.

He's taking a shot less than last year. He's sitting at 14.8 right now compared to the 16 he averaged last season. Dirk is sitting at 16.4 compared to the 17 he averaged last season.

He's done the 2 things people wanted from him offensively this season. Drive to the basket and make his 3 pointers at/near the clip he did last season. He's sitting at 44% right now compared to the 40% he shot last season.

Here's a breakdown of the shot attempts thus far:

Dirk-82 (16.4)
Fin-74 (14.8)
Terry-51 (10.2) off the bench
Stackhouse-48 (9.6) off the bench
Daniels-34 (6.8) off the bench
Dampier-37 (7.4)
Howard-37 (7.4)
Harris-32 (6.4)
Old 11-11-2004, 09:15 PM   #60
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
It figures when something goes wrong with the team, someone wants to point to Finley's shot attempts. And go figure it has to do with him taking away from Dirk.

He's taking a shot less than last year. He's sitting at 14.8 right now compared to the 16 he averaged last season. Dirk is sitting at 16.4 compared to the 17 he averaged last season.

He's done the 2 things people wanted from him offensively this season. Drive to the basket and make his 3 pointers at/near the clip he did last season. He's sitting at 44% right now compared to the 40% he shot last season.

Dirk-82 (16.4)
Fin-74 (14.8)
Dampier-37 (7.4)
Howard-37 (7.4)
Harris-32 (6.4)
We gotta blame something on Fin.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

1996-2005
Old 11-12-2004, 02:22 AM   #61
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

Holy crap, I just realized that TwoDeep3 posted here. Kickass.

Anyways, Mavs did pretty well without Fin tonight (obviously) so I hope he can make it back in due time 100% healthy. No need to rush him.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 07:55 AM   #62
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley

Dirk-82 (16.4)
Fin-74 (14.8)
Dampier-37 (7.4)
Howard-37 (7.4)
Harris-32 (6.4)
If Fin keeps playing aggressively when he gets back, I don't have much of an issue with his attempts.

With Dirk, I want to see more of the offense running through him. No, that doesn't necessarily mean more shot attempts, but the offense looks best at this point with the ball going through him.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:55 AM   #63
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Fin keeps playing aggressively when he gets back, I don't have much of an issue with his attempts.

With Dirk, I want to see more of the offense running through him. No, that doesn't necessarily mean more shot attempts, but the offense looks best at this point with the ball going through him.
I agree 100% Murph. The ball should be ran through Dirk and you saw the success of that through the first 3 games. The next 2 games, the Mavs stumble with a 1-1 record, and it's fingers pointed at Fin. It's just a bit annoying.