Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-11-2004, 11:51 PM   #161
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of
Default RE:Dallas @ Miami Gameday Thread

I guess this game put to rest the theory that Dirk can't play without Nash "setting him up with easy shots".
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2004, 12:05 AM   #162
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

From the updated Associated Press story, quote from Shaq: "Dirk had a hell of a game. He's a great player"
Old 11-12-2004, 12:05 AM   #163
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dallas @ Miami Gameday Thread

Quote:
Damp fought Shaq on every possession.
good to hear. I missed the whole game, Damp had 4 fouls in only 17 minutes of playing time!!!??? Did he make the most of them or were they flimsy calls? I would have liked him to get more minutes in against the big fella, but who is gonna cry after a landslide victory like this?
Did Wade overwhelm Harris? Did Daniels have his "A" game or just get garbage stuff? This starting five is my favorite by the way: Harris, Daniels, Howard, Dirk, Damp. In it, Dirk is clearly the man who must carry the load and all the others play exceptional defense.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:06 AM   #164
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

what a game by Dirk. that was an amazing display of shooting. He needs to patent those ridirkulous, fake left, fade right jump shots. Daniels ain't never scared. I watched the game with someone who I had gotten into a little debate over the amount of respect given to the mavs. He would say that the mavs didn't deserve any respect, but in the same breath, he would mention how the wolves were the best team in the NBA because they had the MVP Kevin Garnett. After this game, he made the declaration, if the mavs hold this same team together they WILL definitely compete for the title. He kept saying that the mavs are like an army that keeps coming at you!
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:09 AM   #165
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

What is lost in all of this is Marquis' performance! 22pts on 9-13 shooting, 5rb, 3as, 1TO or Jason Terry's PERFECT shooting night...4-4, 10pts, 3as, AND Stackhouses 4-7 shooting and 3as There were a lot of good performances to go with Dirk's amazing game! Also, no Mav had more than 2TOs!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:13 AM   #166
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

they also shot 80.8% from the line....ahhhh, aint it nice to have a certain brick layer in Atlanta..

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-12-2004, 12:17 AM   #167
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

Wow, Terry did have a perfect shooting game. I thought I remembered at least one three he had missed, but the stat sheet sure doesn't show it. Terry can really hit those threes, and I'm loving how we were murdering the heat with the pick and rolls without that canadian dude.

I agree dub, Marquis was awesome. And sike, that starting five is so exciting. All the young players with dirk and dampier, and then stack and Terry off the bench!
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:36 AM   #168
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
good to hear. I missed the whole game, Damp had 4 fouls in only 17 minutes of playing time!!!??? Did he make the most of them or were they flimsy calls? I would have liked him to get more minutes in against the big fella, but who is gonna cry after a landslide victory like this?
Did Wade overwhelm Harris? Did Daniels have his "A" game or just get garbage stuff? This starting five is my favorite by the way: Harris, Daniels, Howard, Dirk, Damp. In it, Dirk is clearly the man who must carry the load and all the others play exceptional defense.
I don't really remember most of Damp's fouls, which is perhaps indicative of them at least not being bad fouls. Wade had a stretch where he sort of took over. I seem to remember Josh guarding him for at least part of the time that he was going off, but both Josh and Devin ended up on the losing end of a couple vicious baseline crossovers. Still, in that Wade's impact streak was short-lived, I wouldn't say he overwhelmed Devin. Quis looked great. He was doing his thing, smoothing his way into the lane and dropping nifty short jumpers and clever layups over multiple defenders. One in particular dropped in over the outstretched arms of Shaq and two other defenders. For the most part he was making solid decisions with the ball, too. There was once when he missed Dirk wide open at the three point line, but he made the shot (although Dirk wide open at the three point line is something we should never pass up on a night like tonight up unless somebody else has an uncontested layup.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:42 AM   #169
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
good to hear. I missed the whole game
scene control [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Damp had 4 fouls in only 17 minutes of playing time!!!??? Did he make the most of them or were they flimsy calls? I would have liked him to get more minutes in against the big fella, but who is gonna cry after a landslide victory like this?
He made the most of them. Battled pretty hard and I don't think he gave up any three point plays.

Quote:
Did Wade overwhelm Harris?
Yes, but Harris was able to draw two early offensive fouls on him which limited his effectiveness in the 1st half. He overwhelmed Josh a couple of times too.

Quote:
Did Daniels have his "A" game or just get garbage stuff? This starting five is my favorite by the way: Harris, Daniels, Howard, Dirk, Damp. In it, Dirk is clearly the man who must carry the load and all the others play exceptional defense.
"A" game....by far his best of the year. I wasn't surprised either. I think the reason he looked so bad against GS was that he was upset about PT. Keep in mind; he gave up his opportunity to test the FA market, partially because he was promised a starting spot. People tend to forget this.

He and Josh got a little selfish at the end of the 3rd, beginning of the 4th, but Dirk hit a couple of shots and the game was over.

You missed a good one..this team is fun to watch when they play like they did tonight...everybody was making the extra pass and knocking down the open shot.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:43 AM   #170
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

One note on Harris' defense on Wade - Harris drew 2 fouls on Wade in the first quarter while defending him. I thought that was kind of nice to see as it got Wade out of the game really early.

btw, after tonight's performance Marquis is shooting 53.2% from the field.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:51 AM   #171
SanAntonioMavericksFan

SanAntonioMavericksFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
All Dirk needed was 2 more baskets. I guess they don't take playoff games into consideration because I could've sworn Dirk had more than 43 against the Spurs.
He had 46 in Round 1 against Portland in 2002-03. I think that's his career high if you include playoffs.

SanAntonioMavericksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:53 AM   #172
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

reposted in a better thread
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 01:37 AM   #173
sike
The Preacha

a special thanks to C and dirno for their great info....

it does sould like I missed a great show by the Mavs.

Old 11-12-2004, 02:40 AM   #174
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

What an amazing game to watch. Man..what to say...everyone looked and played an amazing game.

The offense was flowing and the defense was sturdy and scrappy.

Dirk is just playing sick...what an amazing perfomance tonight. It's such a beautiful sight to see the offense running through him.

Damp really made Shaq work for everything and I was impressed with how fast Benga ran the floor. It's going to be tough keeping him but it will definitely be nice to atleast have him around for the next couple of years.

Call it a knee jerk if you will, but if we can continue to improve on defense and not suffer any major injuries..this team will be in the finals this year.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 04:49 AM   #175
ZueriMav

ZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really nice

Some funny analysis of the game by a Miami paper.

Seems that Dirk got into their heads:

-----------------------------
Loss shouldn't trigger panic

DAN LE BATARD

dlebatard@herald.com

Perhaps it is time for an impatient South Florida to call for the resignation of Heat coach Stan Van Gundy, too.

He hasn't won a championship yet this season, for example.

And now, it would appear, his Heat team is not going to be the first team in American sports since the 1972 Dolphins to go an entire season undefeated.

Oh, well.

Is an 81-1 record OK by you?

Or should Dave Wannstedt be immediately brought in to fix this mess?

The Dallas Mavericks blew out the Heat by 20 on Thursday night because Dirk Nowitzki is to basketball what Tony Danza is to bad television. Nowitzki exposed Miami's issues at power forward (were you aware the Heat even needed one of those with Shaquille O'Wade?) by raining down jumpers from Biscayne Boulevard, Liberty City, Naples and then, just for fun, Beijing.

The only thing more prevalent than points for Nowitzki was the number of curses coming out of the mouths of the guys who allegedly were guarding him.

NOT OF THIS WORLD

Not that Udonis Haslem, Rasual Butler or Malik Allen should feel too bad. There aren't many humans on this planet or extraterrestrials on other ones that can match up with Nowitzki's rare combination of size and skills.

Nowitzki went through Miami's assortment of undersized power forwards like a buzz saw through butter, and things don't exactly get easier from here. Next up: Tim Duncan. This is why it is a very good thing Miami doesn't play in the Western Conference. You don't want undrafted and undersized overachiever Haslem losing confidence against too many Nowitzkis, Duncans and Kevin Garnetts. One Jermaine O'Neal in this conference is enough.

The Heat allowed 71 points in the first half alone Thursday night. The 2002-2003 Miami team that sent Pat Riley careening into retirement didn't score that many in 10 entire games.

Nowitzki had more at the half (25) than either O'Neal or Dwyane Wade had for the entire game. The highest Heat scorer on Riley's last Miami team didn't score as many as 25 in 69 of that season's 82 games.

Dallas scorched Miami, in other words. So Miami no longer is the NBA's only unbeaten team. But let's not make too much of this kind of loss against the first good team on the schedule. Dallas might not shoot the 60 percent it did in the first half again all season, not even with so many scorers on its bench that, every once in a while, a Jerry Stackhouse will accidentally fall out of coach Don Nelson's pocket.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?'' He made it look as if Miami's power forwards asked for time off to promote their new album.

There are certain things in life males covet from other males. Mark Cuban's money, for example. Brad Pitt's looks. The President's power. Michael Douglas' wife. But very soon after that on the short list would be `Nowitzki's game.'

TRANSLATION LOST

There is this funny story in Yao Ming's new book about how a lot of NBA players have Chinese tattoos that don't mean what those players think they mean. Scowling Kenyon Martin, for example, has one that accidentally reads ``indecisive.''

And Nowitzki spent his evening making poor Butler, Haslem and Allen look like they were either indecisive or trying to read whatever the Chinese symbol for it is.

This would be the single most defenseless a Miami team has been for a half if not for the way the Dolphins back-pedaled as if on roller skates against the Jets a couple of weeks ago.

Miami's defense isn't this bad. But Dallas' offense might be this good. Cuban's excess of offense allows Nelson to send millionaire after millionaire into the game. You have a pretty good team when you beat O'Neal and Wade on the road without an injured Michael Finley and with Jason Terry, Alan Henderson and Stackhouse coming off your bench.

''Dirk was making every shot,'' Nelson said. ``It makes it kind of easy coaching a team that is making all their shots. The Miami Heat defense is very good.''

A frustrated O'Neal, Wade and Van Gundy all got technicals.

Their anger is good.

Every 81-1 team needs to feel bad once.

The Heat got its loss out of the way early

--------------------------------------------
ZueriMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 09:35 AM   #176
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I like pissing off oneal and making him look like an idiot, no matter what the result. Nellie sure isn't afraid of making the "big mcdonald" mad is he. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 09:36 AM   #177
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

That article is AWESOME! I was laughing the whole way through it! He even dropped them in from Beijing for fun! Dirk the Diggler! Imagine how much fun this season will be when Dirk gets a hot hand, and pops the ball out to an open Finley (who also has a hot hand from 3) and its raining shots. You forget how awesome basketball is over the offseason...
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 09:37 AM   #178
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

If you are a Nowitzki fan, this is the best article ever. So many great quotable lines.

Quote:
The Dallas Mavericks blew out the Heat by 20 on Thursday night because Dirk Nowitzki is to basketball what Tony Danza is to bad television.
Quote:
Nowitzki exposed Miami's issues at power forward (were you aware the Heat even needed one of those with Shaquille O'Wade?) by raining down jumpers from Biscayne Boulevard, Liberty City, Naples and then, just for fun, Beijing.
Quote:
The only thing more prevalent than points for Nowitzki was the number of curses coming out of the mouths of the guys who allegedly were guarding him.
Quote:
Not that Udonis Haslem, Rasual Butler or Malik Allen should feel too bad. There aren't many humans on this planet or extraterrestrials on other ones that can match up with Nowitzki's rare combination of size and skills.
Quote:
Nowitzki went through Miami's assortment of undersized power forwards like a buzz saw through butter, and things don't exactly get easier from here.
Quote:
''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''
Quote:
He made it look as if Miami's power forwards asked for time off to promote their new album.
Quote:
There are certain things in life males covet from other males. Mark Cuban's money, for example. Brad Pitt's looks. The President's power. Michael Douglas' wife. But very soon after that on the short list would be `Nowitzki's game.'
Quote:
There is this funny story in Yao Ming's new book about how a lot of NBA players have Chinese tattoos that don't mean what those players think they mean. Scowling Kenyon Martin, for example, has one that accidentally reads ``indecisive.''

And Nowitzki spent his evening making poor Butler, Haslem and Allen look like they were either indecisive or trying to read whatever the Chinese symbol for it is.
Quote:
''Dirk was making every shot,'' Nelson said. ``It makes it kind of easy coaching a team that is making all their shots. The Miami Heat defense is very good.''
Quote:
A frustrated O'Neal, Wade and Van Gundy all got technicals.

Their anger is good.
And some for the Mavs fan in general:

Quote:
Cuban's excess of offense allows Nelson to send millionaire after millionaire into the game. You have a pretty good team when you beat O'Neal and Wade on the road without an injured Michael Finley and with Jason Terry, Alan Henderson and Stackhouse coming off your bench.
Quote:
Dallas might not shoot the 60 percent it did in the first half again all season, not even with so many scorers on its bench that, every once in a while, a Jerry Stackhouse will accidentally fall out of coach Don Nelson's pocket.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 09:42 AM   #179
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought as usual that some of damps fouls agasint shaq were uncalled for. I can never figure out how a guy like shaq can bang down on a guy and when he pushes back he gets a foul. But that's just the way it is I guess.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 09:52 AM   #180
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
they also shot 80.8% from the line....ahhhh, aint it nice to have a certain brick layer in Atlanta..
hahahahahahahahhahaa....
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 10:16 AM   #181
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I absolutely loove this article.

Ahhh, there's nothing like a little national television wooping to stir up some league wide r-e-s-p-e-c-t.

Great day to be a mavs fan.

Old 11-12-2004, 11:40 AM   #182
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Like Sike, I too missed this game, so I resorted to looking at the box score for a feel for the game. Other than the ridulous 50+% shooting and 80% free throwing shooting, the stat the jumped out at me was a +12 scoring in the paint.

If that stat is not more indicative of how different this Mavs team is from it's previous iterations, I don't know what is. Even more impressive is that we acheived it against a team with the most dominant player in the paint both offensively and defensively.

This may be the most playoff-geared team the Mavs have had since the late 80's. Looking forward to more of the same this year.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 11:42 AM   #183
ZueriMav

ZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
Like Sike, I too missed this game, so I resorted to looking at the box score for a feel for the game. Other than the ridulous 50+% shooting and 80% free throwing shooting, the stat the jumped out at me was a +12 scoring in the paint.
???

I see -12 difference (30-42) at nba.com

ZueriMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:02 PM   #184
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Damp fought Shaq on every possession.
Sike!!!!!!!

What is wrong with you buddy! You are slacking!!!!

:wink;

you seriously missed a hell of a game.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:03 PM   #185
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I missed the Damp performance also. I got in the house about when the 2nd quarter started and Damp was on the bench so i'm assuming he must've did some damage in the first.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:05 PM   #186
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: ZueriMav
Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
???

I see -12 difference (30-42) at nba.com
and yet the buddhists tell us that a staircase is an up and a down staircase at the same time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

That number would have concerned me but 1) they have Shaq, and 2) We were moving the ball so well and shooting so well that it didnt matter.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:15 PM   #187
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

I know this is off topic but I recorded the game last night and after watching some of it again today I realized that MBenga is the first guy I've seen go up against Shaq that I feel could hold is on in a scrap.

Some of the facial expression on Shaqs face when seeing how fast Benga was running the floor were absolutely great.

Anyhow..just thought I'd throw that in

Old 11-12-2004, 12:16 PM   #188
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
I missed the Damp performance also. I got in the house about when the 2nd quarter started and Damp was on the bench so i'm assuming he must've did some damage in the first.
He's definitely the biggest guy we have. He's got the upper body of M'Benga but a stronger base.

Other than muscling Shaq around, he didnt do much, but what can you expect when Shaq plays 30 minutes? It seemed like Damp got 2 fouls in the first half and Nelson pulled him, like he wanted to get him going sometime later against Doleac or someone, but he never was really emphasized in the offense. I saw maybe 5-8 times in the first half that we tossed it in to him and he forced it inside on Shaq and passed it back out. That was about it. 2-3 6pts 5reb in only 17 minutes. All his points were on about 10-12 foot jumpers. That probably spread the floor a little. I didnt notice it too much.

And Bradley actually played against Shaq. When I saw the first substitution and it was M'Benga, I thought that we wouldnt see Bradley. He was foul prone and with Shaq on the floor, he didnt change the offense of the Heat as much but he had a couple of nice taps away from Shaq. He was definitely a lot sharper than the previous game. He played better but was less effective overall. I guess that's just Shaq.

And about M'Benga: I dont know if he even knows what's going on around him. We were up by about 20 points with like 14 seconds remaining, Dickau was dribbling the clock out and M'Benga was clapping his hands like he wanted the ball badly. Dont know if that's just his all-out mentality or if he wasnt aware of the shot and game clock.

Booth was pretty dissapointing. He can definitely do more than he showed last night. What really pissed me off is about 3 seconds before a freethrow he pasted himself on top of the next guy behind him and then he got mad at the ref for calling a lane violation on the FT. That was the easiest call all night.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:19 PM   #189
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
I know this is off topic but I recorded the game last night and after watching some of it again today I realized that MBenga is the first guy I've seen go up against Shaq that I feel could hold is on in a scrap.

Some of the facial expression on Shaqs face when seeing how fast Benga was running the floor were absolutely great.

Anyhow..just thought I'd throw that in
He did get that block, but he didnt recover and Shaq got the easy dunk. He certainly goes up high and fast, but he needed to recover and either put pressure on Shaq's lower body or go up for the block again. Can't complain, though.