Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-01-2005, 04:43 PM   #41
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: The Battle on the Brazos

Oh geez. I leave after the game and come back to this?

Doc, I agree with your statement that "Baylor had 7 red zone opportunities and didn't execute when it mattered." That's true. I think Murphy agrees with that, too. But using the "you're not a head coach" argument is rather weak when trying to defend the particular sequence at the end of the game. If we're going to restrict the debate to head coaches, then I can just delete this whole thread. But that's not the way a message board works. I think Morriss made the wrong decision, too.

And frankly, what's up with calling Murphy a dick? You need to chill out.

Old 10-01-2005, 04:48 PM   #42
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't give a crap what you see murph....the fact is that in the history of this board you have been the biggest troublemaker to ever post and for you to criticise anyone on this board is hypocritical. I have no problem stating my opinion and even stating it harshly. If someone wants to convince me to change my opinion they can but only by providing facts that provide a basis for change. You on the other hand have never given creedence to another opinion. In fact, you most often state the exact words "your opinion is wrong". Everyone here knows it.

As for your drivel about Carter it is purely stupidity on your part intended to once again deflect. Thanks for hijakcing the thread. The game deserved better than murph.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 04:52 PM   #43
Drbio
Banned

kg- That was used to support the opinions differ idea. Your opinion too was that Morris made a questionable decision...mine is that he made the correct decision, especially since it stuck to his game plan of getting into overtime if possible. If you don't like the opinions or this thread don't read it. you chill out. I'm sick of murph being the forum dick. He's done it with dj and everyone else on this board over the years. This is nothing new.

And murph...I could care less if you want to draw some line in the sand and not "back down". I've whipped your ass in debate numerous times before and would most certainly do it again.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:57 PM   #44
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Why should I chill out? I'm not the one overreacting.

BTW, let's just spare everybody the knock-down, drag out. Take it to PMs or I'm going to lock the thread. Although, as you say, I'm sure opinions differ on who the "forum dick" is, I have no interest in allowing that discussion to take place here.

Old 10-01-2005, 04:58 PM   #45
Drbio
Banned

Lock it. Who cares? I am not overreacting that is your OPINION. Flex your mod muscles if you must. It must provide hours of satisfaction.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:02 PM   #46
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:The Battle on the Brazos

Doc, my goal when entering this thread was not to 'hijack' it. I came in because I was sorely disappointed in a poor call by Morris. I felt that it would be his best opportunity to win the game once A&M had tied it up. I voiced my opinion, and you became confrontational. That's fine, but let's not try and fool anyone on what the truth is and isn't. I didn't 'hijack' the thread.

I will gladly talk about the game...what went right and what went wrong for Baylor. I have absolutely no problem with that. I thought that Baylor was the better team today, but they let one slip away. It was a solid and important game for the Bears, but they missed out on an opportunity to take another huge step in the right direction. A solid outing is great for the Bears...but, a win would have been monumental.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 05:05 PM   #47
Drbio
Banned

Your first paragraph is full of crap...your second is not. You always intend to incite trouble and you are fooling noone by stating otherwise.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:07 PM   #48
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:The Battle on the Brazos

Is the USC game not televised? If it is what channel/station.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 05:11 PM   #49
Drbio
Banned

No it is not. (Source: FoxSportsSW)

You may be able to purchase the broadcast on ESPN GameDay. I am not sure about that though.