Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-13-2007, 07:02 PM   #1
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Riley Committed To Coaching...For 3 More Years

Quote:
Riley says he's committed to coaching

Associated Press, Updated 1 hour ago STORY TOOLS:

MIAMI (AP) - Pat Riley vowed months ago to demand a bigger commitment from the Miami Heat this coming season.

And he didn't just mean from the players, either.
Riley said Monday that he plans to coach the Heat for the three remaining years on his contract, an announcement that ends months of speculation about his immediate future. He'll remain in the dual role of team president as well.

"I will coach those out," Riley said. "I will try to coach those out, unless somebody else makes a decision on me. That's a commitment that I want to make to the organization."

The 62-year-old Riley gave up coaching in 2003, then returned two years later — when Stan Van Gundy stepped down in December 2005 — and led Miami to the 2006 NBA title. But the Heat were swept out of this past season's playoffs by the Chicago Bulls, and Riley was noncommittal for months about whether he'd remain on the sideline.

But after discussions with his family, Riley is staying put.

"We finally have come to the decision that this is what I love doing," Riley said. "It also works best for us right now and so I'm just going to keep moving forward with it."

The announcement means Riley will coach through the 2009-10 season — matching the length of Shaquille O'Neal's contract with Miami. Dwyane Wade, the 2006 finals MVP, can also opt out of his contract following that season.

"We hope that over the next three years ... that we're going to be a contender," Riley said. "And then after that, we'll re-evaluate the whole situation."
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7119298?MSNHPHMA
Old 08-14-2007, 02:26 AM   #2
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

And Wade would accumulate how many FT's during that span? Hmm...

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:50 PM   #3
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

^^ 500,000
Old 08-15-2007, 12:30 AM   #4
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Stan Van Gundy

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:00 AM   #5
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Riley will not last for 3 years. book it

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote