Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 02-18-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future
Default What's your Futbol team? Joga Bonito

And what League? I have several

La Liga - Real Madrid

Italian Serie A - Napoli

Any other football fans here? If so, discuss

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky

Last edited by mqywaaah; 09-06-2012 at 09:47 PM.
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

La Liga = Los Blancos (Looks like we ain't winning that this year!)

Serie A = Internazionale (Looks like we're running away with that one!)

Brazilian Championship = Vasco da Game (It hurts to be relegated)

I don't really follow any other leagues. I sympathize with Lion in France because Juninho Pernambucano is there and he was one of my favorite players in Vasco da Gama, but he has declined quite a bit.

La Liga is pretty much hopeless. 8 in a row and still got 10 points to make up? Let's hope some silverware is coming through in the CL.

And Inter is unstoppable right now. BTW, you can get the official 09 jersey for about 39 bucks + taxs + free shipping from niketown.com right now with some coupons.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

FC DALLAS - FIFA
Old 02-18-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

FFF = French Nation Team!!!
Manchester and/or Aresenal

If I must, yes, FC Dallas...in hopes that someday we will see REAL soccer in the MLS!!!

Not a big fan of the soccer south of the border...prefer European Soccer.

European Soccer is more of team game, while Mexican soccer appears to be more of an individual game. Meanwhile U.S. soccer is more of the long ball, dump and chase game...also not a big fan.

Euro-soccer has a blend of mid to short passing, team ball control, with some of the Brazilian creativity.

I do wish that we could get better T.V. coverage of the sport...it is more entertaining than baseball and basketball!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:08 PM   #5
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Chelsea, FC Barcelona, AC Milan

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:03 PM   #6
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

I used to love FC Barcelona when i was into soccer. I initially started liking them because i thought they had badass uniforms lol, but hey i was young. But now, i dont really get to watch none of their games anymore.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default it's spelled "football"

(someone was going to say it sooner or later...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-18-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:50 PM   #8
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Man we sure have a lot of bandwagoners of elite-class teams in this thread (except Nike--go you). My team is Aston Villa.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #9
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

I'm a huge Chelsea fan because they used to be bottom dwellers and are now always close to the top... similar to the Mavs.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 02-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #10
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I love the south of the border style of soccer.

92bDad has it all wrong. They play all styles in some of the league stuff there.

They play one touch, beat your man, dump and center, ball control or throw it in front -- depending on the game and day.

I don't understand the Spanish, but the play is awesome (sometimes). US passthrough is boring..........

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:58 PM   #11
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

a fan of epl. without any doubt the best league in the world. don't really have a favorite team, but in terms of enjoying what they do out on the pitch arsenal (when healthy...) play a beautiful one touch short pass game. fabregas, von persie, and with eduardo back they will be tough to beat. liverpool is playing at a high level, and it's only a few points between they and man utd. man utd had an unbelieveable year. the villians are playing a tough, physical style that is winning matches.

only watch a few la liga games, barca is my fav by far.

the italians fall down too much for my liking, way over dramatic. they do have the best looking kits tho.

if you'll willing to pay for fox soccer and setanta, you'll see a lot of international soccer, most of it live.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:37 PM   #12
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

i only really keep up with the epl and champions league..liverpool

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:04 PM   #13
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

America agulias and cruz azul
Old 02-18-2009, 10:50 PM   #14
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Hah, back in Brazil they used to broadcast Italian soccer. I've started liking Inter way back (and at the time they sucked) mostly because of their kit, which still looks awesome (got an away jersey coming in from Nike). Real Madrid drew me in with los Galácticos. I mean, Figo, Zidane, Beckham, Raul, Ronaldo..... who wouldn't wanna watch that whipping up everyone left and right? So I became a fan. Never liked Barça, even when they had Ronaldinho, Romário (one of my favorites ever), and Rivaldo (Top 5 fave, underrated player...). No bandwagon here......
Old 02-20-2009, 05:12 AM   #15
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah View Post
German Bundesliga - FC Bayern München
You re dead to me
Old 02-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #16
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Who are your favorite players?

I'm partial to Zidane and Henry over the years.

You might say that 1998 was the year that grabbed my attention...that's about the time that my sons started playing and I started watching...needless to say that 1998 France team had a special run...

Seeing Zidane go out the way he done was a real downer...I have grown to hate Team Italy and consider them a dirty team, which as I have researched is pretty much the reputation that they have.

Unfortunately, the most soccer I watch has been the North Texas Youth Scene...starting in August, I will be moving to the College scene as I keep up with my own kid and his own soccer dreams.

No doubt, I will be catching more pro games next year, as my parenting time is opened up with the guys headed off to college.

I'm looking forward to gaining a stronger Soccer Education!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:51 AM   #17
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Setanta Sports, my friend. And Fox Sports Espanol. And ESPN Deportes.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #18
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

When my wife and I were on our honeymoon, I was watching ESPN Deportes sports center....It was February, and there were literally 58 minutes of futbol highlights and then they showed some NBA scores.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:26 PM   #19
bernardos70
Diamond Member

That's still better than regular ESPN: 1 hour, 28 minutes of american-centric sports (understandably) and no soccer at all...... one highlight will make it to the top 10 every two weeks or so. Or they'll show 2 minutes of highlights every once in a while to promote ESPN Deportes.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:38 PM   #20
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Regular ESPN sucks.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:40 PM   #21
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Bring on the pelota
Old 02-20-2009, 10:47 PM   #22
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I have FSC and Setanta, and between the two I get every EPL game, most of the FA Cup games, and a good portion of the later round Carling Cup games. I don't really watch any other leagues, though I do think FSC gets a fair amount of Serie A on the air.

As for Chelsea, comparing them to the Mavs isn't really fair. Mavs are in a salary cap league, so they built themselves from the ground up on a level playing field with everyone else. Chelsea is "new money" defined, and that's the only reason they've gone from cellar-dwellars to a top team. Plus, Abramovich is just about the sleaziest dude on the planet. I've got no respect for him or his club. I don't support Man U one bit, but I hope they destroy Chelsea every time they play. At least Man U bandwagoners have been with the team since before 2004.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 02-20-2009 at 10:50 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:07 PM   #23
bernardos70
Diamond Member

9 in a row...... we had to capitalize on that Barça loss and we did!
Old 02-22-2009, 02:12 AM   #24
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

As for Chelsea, comparing them to the Mavs isn't really fair. Mavs are in a salary cap league, so they built themselves from the ground up on a level playing field with everyone else. Chelsea is "new money" defined, and that's the only reason they've gone from cellar-dwellars to a top team. Plus, Abramovich is just about the sleaziest dude on the planet. I've got no respect for him or his club. I don't support Man U one bit, but I hope they destroy Chelsea every time they play. At least Man U bandwagoners have been with the team since before 2004.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. i see chelsea like the yankees, minus the history. they just buy anyone and everyone. liverpool reminds me of the red sox.

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:26 AM   #25
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Like the Yankees minus the history?

IMO, I think it's a valid comparison because although there is no salary cap in the EPL... every other team has the same advantages. The Yankees can spend all they want, it doesn't mean they are going to be successful. They even missed the playoffs last year. Chelsea is a team on the rise. Furthermore, the Mavericks started getting better around the same time they found an owner who wanted to spend more money. It's pretty similar to me. I'm not a fan of Chelsea, but I can respect what they do... And Drogba is a beast.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 02-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #26
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Yes, indeed. Drogba is a beast. But Torres is something. LIVERPOOL!!

Old 02-22-2009, 02:44 PM   #27
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Two favorite teams are Chelsea of the Premier League (Michael Ballack is my favorite player) and Bayern Munchen of the Bundesliga.

Deutschland will have World Cup 2010!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #28
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
As for Chelsea, comparing them to the Mavs isn't really fair. Mavs are in a salary cap league, so they built themselves from the ground up on a level playing field with everyone else. Chelsea is "new money" defined, and that's the only reason they've gone from cellar-dwellars to a top team. Plus, Abramovich is just about the sleaziest dude on the planet. I've got no respect for him or his club. I don't support Man U one bit, but I hope they destroy Chelsea every time they play. At least Man U bandwagoners have been with the team since before 2004.
Chelsea in a non-salary cap league and the Mavericks in a salary cap league has nothing to do with it being fair. They are competing against competition with the same advantages. Chelsea isn't the only one spending money, club soccer is different for me than the American sports. Being a native of Dallas, TX--I'm a huge Cowboys, Mavericks, Rangers, Stars, FC Dallas, etc fan. But, because I'm considered a foreigner when it comes to the English Premiere League or any other major soccer league around the world, I'm a bigger fan of the players than the actual clubs. I'm a huge Henry fan, so I used to follow Arsenal but now I follow Barca (big Messi fan too). I'm a huge Drogba fan, hence the Chelsea fandomship. I consider ManU like the Lakers and C. Ronaldo like Kobe, they are both deserving of their accolades but boy do I hate them. =]

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #29
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Quote:
Two favorite teams are Chelsea of the Premier League (Michael Ballack is my favorite player) and Bayern Munchen of the Bundesliga.

Not on my shift!
Old 02-23-2009, 12:36 AM   #30
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:

You should consider changing your dealer
Old 02-23-2009, 01:40 PM   #31
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

Tottenham Hotspurs - yid power!
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #32
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

well, the yid power in the front office needs to be supplimented by some yid power out on the pitch. they aren't daring, and they aren't doing. they are only a few points above relegation...
Old 02-24-2009, 02:44 AM   #33
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
well, the yid power in the front office needs to be supplimented by some yid power out on the pitch. they aren't daring, and they aren't doing. they are only a few points above relegation...
Since they sacked Ramos and brought on Harry, they've been quite formidable. Front office has been aggresive, the acquisition of Dafoe and Keane have shored up a clear weakness. They won last night, so relegation seems less likely. It may be too late for them to compete for one of the top spots in the table this year, but they'll be back.

And Man U better watch out this Sunday in the Carling Cup. Yid Army will be out in force. And Redknapp will bring is A game. It's our only chance to play in the Euros.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #34
Mavdog
Diamond Member

you're right, getting robbie keane back was a shot in the arm for the team. he was invisible at liverpool, blame benitez. dafoe is past the point in his career where he can affect a match.

the changing managers isn't a positive, even with redknapp.

I don't know about winning vs man u, they are playing at such a high level it is hard to see them losing. and with the glazers running the club one can also refer to man u as wielding yid power....
Old 02-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #35
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Might not be by the hand of Hotspur, but I suggest you tune to ESPN2 at 2:30PM EST if you wanna watch Man U lose.....

Last edited by bernardos70; 02-24-2009 at 11:41 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #36
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
Might not be by the hand of Hotspur, but I suggest you tune to ESPN2 at 2:30PM EST if you wanna watch Man U lose.....
I'll take that wager....man u will prevail.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #37
bernardos70
Diamond Member

0-0

Julio Cesar was in great form. I don't know exactly what the heck Cambiasso was trying to do that he couldn't chest the ball into the net but oh well.....
Old 02-25-2009, 04:19 AM   #38
Darth Ape
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
0-0

Julio Cesar was in great form. I don't know exactly what the heck Cambiasso was trying to do that he couldn't chest the ball into the net but oh well.....
I guess we'll have to wait until Sunday to see United lose.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #39
bernardos70
Diamond Member

I'm rooting with you! Go Spurs!
Old 02-27-2009, 12:30 AM   #40
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Bremen stuns Ac Milan. Guess this'll make GermanDunk really happy

Tags
dallas cowboys, eintracht frankfurt, fluffy insult, got a bit fluffy in here, juevos bonitos, te gusta mis huevos?