Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-02-2003, 10:17 AM   #41
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Official Kobe to Dallas Watch

Was I being too critical on V?

If so, I'm sorry [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img] I thought I made some legit points

And since when did Murphy decided to calm down and be the peace maker?
Old 11-02-2003, 10:31 AM   #42
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Who cares if V leaves? He proposes a deal that won't happen and people explain WHY it won't happen. HE gets mad that we "aren't taking him seriously" and leaves.

F'em.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 10:58 AM   #43
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I CAN FEEL THE LOVE IN THIS ROOM..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 12:49 PM   #44
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Mother of all that's sacred and holy with the great game of basketball, no one ran V off.

If you want to post something stupid, be prepared to get hammered by others.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 03:46 PM   #45
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Dear Mother of all that's sacred and holy with the great game of basketball, no one ran V off.

If you want to post something stupid, be prepared to get hammered by others.
Thanks Murph

You were really starting to scare me.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:17 PM   #46
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

People need to get a grip.

Do I think Kobe will be a Maverick...ever? No I don't.

Have stranger things happened? Yes they have.

Am I going to flame someone and call them stupid because they have a "hunch" that Kobe Bryant will be traded to the Mavericks...and they made a bold "prediction"?

Of course not. If you hate the thread so much then don't respond and the thread will die a quick death.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 05:28 PM   #47
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

hitman..that's fine to start these threads..but, you'll get hammered a bit for it..they kinda go hand in hand.

not a big deal either way..no, the guy shouldn't be run off..but, well, he really wasn't ran off
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 05:32 PM   #48
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

Why was this guy ripped for this thread? I see nothing wrong with this thread topic. Personally I hate Kobe, but wih all the assets the Mavs have and a very big chance of Kobe getting traded we should definately keep our ears to the ground about this. I would not be surprised if Cuban pulled some crazy trade like this. I mean I absolutley hate Kobe... but if the Mavs got him they would have instant credibilty and could become the most popular team in the league. If you are a businessman you would be a fool not to go after Kobe. IF Kobe did come here I would hope that Dirk got traded somewhere else though... because I don't want to see Dirk play second fiddle to anyone except Shaq and Duncan today, and even that may change tomorrow.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 05:36 PM   #49
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Hitman
People need to get a grip.

Do I think Kobe will be a Maverick...ever? No I don't.

Have stranger things happened? Yes they have.

Am I going to flame someone and call them stupid because they have a "hunch" that Kobe Bryant will be traded to the Mavericks...and they made a bold "prediction"?

Of course not. If you hate the thread so much then don't respond and the thread will die a quick death.
No one flamed V(well maybe madape, but what would you expect from a Gorilla Warrior?). We gave him what he asked for, reasons why this trade would never happen. He got mad and left.

How is that the fault of the other posters? Can we give this a rest?
Old 11-02-2003, 05:41 PM   #50
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Official Kobe to Dallas Watch

Look kids, no one was ripped, no one was run off.
I think you'll find it was just a case of someone that needed a little thicker skin.
I'm sorry, I cannot see any problem with the responses in this thread.
He suggested something that was OBVIOUSLY extremely controversial, and he
got controversial responses.
That's all there is to it.

Madape did go a bit crazy there and I agree maybe he could've been a bit gentler, but as it wasn't actually directed at V, I can't
see a huge problem with what he said.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote