Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-27-2004, 05:11 PM   #1
basketball jonessss

basketball jonessss is on a distinguished road
Default It's time to unleash FORTSON

No, I Didn't say release, I said unleash.

A smart coach would go to Fortson and say Danny, I'm going to guarantee you 24 minutes a game for the first half of the season on these conditions. First, we check your body fat and decide you need to loose 30 pounds or whatever. Then we get you a personal trainer and put another 20 pounds of muscle on you. Then get on a stretching program and work on your jumping etc.

You come into camp weighing this much with this much body fat and if you don't foul out your minutes are guaranteed for the first 40 games.

THIS SON OF A GUN COMES INTO CAMP HUNGRY. A rebounding machine.

UNLEASH THE GLADIATOR. ITS PAST TIME
Old 06-27-2004, 05:44 PM   #2
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default RE:It's time to unleash FORTSON

he's slow and he can't defend.

plus factor in his limited offensive skills and we have all the reason we need in why he's not playing. if i have to watch fortson get rejected by the rim one more time when trying to dunk the ball, it will be one time too many.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 05:51 PM   #3
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
Add to that that he's short, has an unflattering hairstyle, and no talent, and you come to the inescapable conclusion that the Mavs are albatrossed with another outrageous contract from a non-contributing player, who should be forced to scrap with Nájera for 10-12 situational minutes per game.

MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 05:59 PM   #4
basketball jonessss

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange

plus factor in his limited offensive skills and we have all the reason we need in why he's not playing. if i have to watch fortson get rejected by the rim one more time when trying to dunk the ball, it will be one time too many.
He dominated the players that were destroying the Mavs. I don't know how many games the Mavs were getting killed on the boards and behind by 8 to 10 points until Fortson came in and started grabbing all the misses. Mavs catch up and Fortson never plays in the second half. Result- Mavs loose by a few.

Fortsons inabilty to dunk cleanly is noted, which is why I say loose weight and get in shape.

This guy is a game changer without having to dominate the ball. Just miss and he will get it and give you another chance.

He is efficient and makes his free throws. The perfect player for this team. Give him 24 minutes and watch.

Old 06-27-2004, 06:00 PM   #5
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Fortson is a situational guy. For 10-15 minutes a game, he can really contribute to a team because he's a fantastic rebounder who can impact the game with that skill. He's also a physical player who can change the tempo of a game, albeit temporarily, by roughing a few opponents up.

If you play him much longer than that, his weaknesses get severely exposed and he's a liability.

I think he'd be just fine as the backup to Dirk at the 4 next season.

Old 06-27-2004, 06:13 PM   #6
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

I have to add also that the Mavs' coaching braintrust, whoever that turns out to be, will have to be willing to use a player like Fortson in a manner that maximizes his strengths and minimizes his limitations.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 07:38 PM   #7
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Fortson wasn't nearly the defensive liability that most people thought he would be. He held his ground against bigger guys and gut down on 2nd shots. He did a good job against Jamaal Maglore both times we played NO.

The reason that he didn't play more is that 1)he's not a good offensive player and 2) he forgot the plays.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:52 PM   #8
bigox71

bigox71 is on a distinguished road

This guy is a game changer without having to dominate the ball. Just miss and he will get it and give you another chance.

Fortson is like Najera in that they are both role players. They aren't big minute guys, but they are the types of players most teams usually need to have. Fortson cannot play against most players BUT he dominates the ones he can play against. A good example is how he shuts down Brand. Najera is the same way. He frustrates players like Webber. But neither is a big minute player because they do not have the right combination of size/speed/quickness/athleticism/ability. They can be game changers when used against the right players and teams.
bigox71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 08:42 PM   #9
basketball jonessss

Quote:
Originally posted by: bigox71

Fortson is like Najera in that they are both role players. They aren't big minute guys, but they are the types of players most teams usually need to have. Fortson cannot play against most players BUT he dominates the ones he can play against. A good example is how he shuts down Brand. Najera is the same way. He frustrates players like Webber. But neither is a big minute player because they do not have the right combination of size/speed/quickness/athleticism/ability. They can be game changers when used against the right players and teams.

I think that Najera needs 10 to 12 per game consistenty. Any more than that exposes him. He is very effective if used consistently and sparingly. Fortson I would like to see get 20 to 24 min. as he seems to keep us from getting hammered on the boards. I would be happy with 12 minutes at the power forward position but unless we get another center or Pavel gets minutes give him the 24
Old 06-27-2004, 09:02 PM   #10
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

The only problem with Fortson is his contract and I don't fault Fortson for his contract. He does what he is supposed to do when he is in a game. As noted by others he has been very effective against Brand and those like him. He has even bumped Ben Wallace pretty hard at times and got his attention.

Between him and Najera you have two roster spots taken up by a combined $10 miilion a year in salary, and therein lies the problem. We cannot afford to have our Najera/Fortson 15 minute a game backup position occupying two roster spots and making that much money. At least one of them has to go. Sorry Najera fans (including me) Eddie gets nominated because of the smaller salary. Najera should be included with another player or players and traded away.

Our ideal backup at PF would be someone like "gulp" Kurt Thomas. Or Antonio Davis.

Think the Bulls would take both Najera and Fortson for Davis? Nah.

Think the Knicks would trade Fortson for Thomas? Nah, unless part of a bigger package to take one of their bad contracts.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 09:33 PM   #11
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

I wouldn't mind seeing him around next year simply for rebounds when we need them. If he could come on the last 10 minutes of each game, and clean up the boards down the stretch, he could come relatively close to worth what we're currently paying him to ride the pine for 48 minutes every night.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 09:39 PM   #12
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: It's time to unleash FORTSON

sheesh

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 10:14 PM   #13
basketball jonessss

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
sheesh
RaSheesh

Old 07-20-2004, 11:28 AM   #14
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

I thought I'd bump this thread given some of the recent moves of Western conference teams.

It's been said that Fortson is most effective when playing against other short, stocky, strong players like Malik Rose and Elton Brand. Those guys can't shoot over him and he can keep them off the boards. If that's the case, he may be fairly useful next year off the bench, because the West has seen a mass exodus of strong, undersized PFs from the East. Kenyon Martin, Brian Grant, and Carlos Boozer are all now starting for some of our major Western Rivals. Not only that, but the defending NBA champs and the best team in the East are anchored by the premier undersized guy, Ben Wallace.

I think it could be advantageous to keep on the active roster for our games against Denver, Utah, the Lakers, the Clippers, the Spurs, and possibly portland (Zach Randolph) and others. Of course, the available time will seriously depend on how the roster shapes up, but I think he could be very useful in certain games off the bench.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:48 AM   #15
mattyd
Banned

mattyd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: basketball jonessss
No, I Didn't say release, I said unleash.

A smart coach would go to Fortson and say Danny, I'm going to guarantee you 24 minutes a game for the first half of the season on these conditions. First, we check your body fat and decide you need to loose 30 pounds or whatever. Then we get you a personal trainer and put another 20 pounds of muscle on you. Then get on a stretching program and work on your jumping etc.

You come into camp weighing this much with this much body fat and if you don't foul out your minutes are guaranteed for the first 40 games.

THIS SON OF A GUN COMES INTO CAMP HUNGRY. A rebounding machine.

UNLEASH THE GLADIATOR. ITS PAST TIME

I'd rather release.
mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:49 AM   #16
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

this guy can play..he was pulling down close to 15 rebounds a game...he's like ben wallace with the ability to get putbacks but without the shot blocking...actually he's probably more like brian grant on steroids

would like to see him as the starting SF on this team but it's a pipe dream..there's a reason he has that contract
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:55 AM   #17
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
would like to see him as the starting SF on this team but it's a pipe dream..there's a reason he has that contract
Fort is a nice situational player, but no way in hell should he every play SF. He's just too damn slow. Fort is slow for any position, but especially for SF. Fortson shouldn't be in the regular rotation with our presently constituted lineup, but he can be valuable against certain players such as Gary Trent, Malik Rose, or Elton Brand. But most of the time his lack of defensive and offensive capabilities limit him too much to make him part of the regular rotation.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:18 PM   #18
mattyd
Banned

mattyd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Fort is a nice situational player, but no way in hell should he every play SF. He's just too damn slow. Fort is slow for any position, but especially for SF. Fortson shouldn't be in the regular rotation with our presently constituted lineup, but he can be valuable against certain players such as Gary Trent, Malik Rose, or Elton Brand. But most of the time his lack of defensive and offensive capabilities limit him too much to make him part of the regular rotation.

Exactly - if he's not defending someone with his exact same body type he's useless. And God help us if he is defending someone quicker.
mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:49 PM   #19
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

Fortson is physical and a good rebounder, but that's about it. He's slow, can't shoot, doesn't defend well and is too short to play the 5 for extended periods. He's a role player, and he'll be used to change the tone of the game. After that, He'll get his four moments in the sun each year every time we play the Clippers, just like Shawn Bradley and the Rockets.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:55 PM   #20
Misfit Mav

Quote:
Originally posted by: Psychedelic Fuzz
He'll get his four moments in the sun each year every time we play the Clippers
Again, I think he'll get more opportunities next year, against the Lakers' Brian Grant and Boozer on the Jazz, both 6-8 guys like Brand.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Old 07-20-2004, 03:29 PM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lakers' Brian Grant
Lakers will play Vlade.

Quote:
Boozer on the Jazz
Boozer and Brand would eat Fortson alive.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 04:15 PM   #22
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Maybe he will get some PT against Okafor and Ben Wallace, two shorter centers with little offensive game.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 05:21 PM   #23
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Quote:
Lakers' Brian Grant
Lakers will play Vlade.

Quote:
Boozer on the Jazz
Brand would eat Fortson alive??? Apparently you didnt watch Fortson own him last year!
Old 07-20-2004, 06:53 PM   #24
dmavsfan

dmavsfan is on a distinguished road

Again it comes down to coaching. B Wallace was averaging over 10 points a game in the playoffs (I think) to go with his great rebounding and strong play. But the Mav coaching staff appears LAZY!

Larry Brown encouraged BWallace and Billups to be much better players...he didn't just bench them or send them to the doghouse.

Someone reported last year than when Williams came to the Mavs that Del Harris gave him the play book and wanted him to start calling the D (or something like that). Maybe these coaches have lost that youthful drive and passion? Nelson and Harris. Are they teaching D? Are they encouraging and teaching the players? I don't think so.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:01 PM   #25
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Its time to unleash the best 48 minute per game rebounder and scorer
Right the dude has a big bag of nothing.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:18 PM   #26
freestyle

freestyle has a spectacular aura aboutfreestyle has a spectacular aura about

Whenever the other team starts to score inside and disrespect the lane, we should always put Fortson in for awhile. It goes without saying you don't really want to mess with him. Who in their right mind wants to get in a fight with Fortson!? Sure, you might dunk on him once, but you might be dreaming about that second dunk attempt from the IR.
freestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:31 PM   #27
basketball jonessss

Yes, the addition of Grant and Boozer etc. makes Fortson even more valuable. Any coach that can't find a way to use Fortson needs to examine their coaching strategy.

Maybe, they are doing something stupid, like not playing a center.

Maybe players are out of position................AH.... Dirk....Finley

Maybe unproductive players have been playing ....................... aaahhhhh....Walker......Delk

Just give Fortson and Bradley Walkers minutes and we win again.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:34 PM   #28
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Delk needs a discussion too. He is far from unproductive.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:45 PM   #29
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Fortson is like the brush off pitch in baseball. You shouldn't use it all the time and against everyone, but it certainly is very useful at times and definitely against certain players.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:24 AM   #30
Misfit Mav

Quote:
Quote:
Lakers' Brian Grant
Lakers will play Vlade.

Quote:
Boozer on the Jazz
I assume the Lakers will play Grant at PF and Vlade at C, although they might start Odom at the 4 with Butler at the 3. Even if he's coming off the bench, Grant will get a lot of minutes as Vlade needs as much rest as he can get.

I don't think I've ever seen Fortson v. Boozer, but I've seem some Mavs-Clips games where Fortson really held his own against Brand. Brand is obviously the superior player, but Fort was strong enough to take him out of his game and keep him off the boards.

Edit to add some stats: Brand only average 13.3 points against Dallas last year, well below his usual 20.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:34 AM   #31
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Edit to add some stats: Brand only average 13.3 points against Dallas last year, well below his usual 20.
how many minutes did he play against Brand?
Old 07-21-2004, 10:58 AM   #32
Misfit Mav

Quote:
Quote:
how many minutes did he play against Brand?

17 per game, and he averaged 6/5. I'm not saying he's any kind of saviour, just agreeing with most that he's a role player with situational use. The only point I'm contributing is that there are a couple more situations in the west now in which he might be useful.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:14 AM   #33
bobatundi1

bobatundi1 is on a distinguished road

Anybody see Danny's 15 pts and 13 rebs in 21 minutes against the Spurs? Why is it that Nelson never figured out how to get that out of him--he's clearly capable of it. I'd sure rather have that kind of toughness coming off the bench, especially in games against tougher Western Conference foes, than having Calvin Booth picking up DNPs every night...
bobatundi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 11:24 AM   #34
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Forston is a sad human being and if having a good night is evidence that we shouldn't have traded a player, Traylor's 30 point and 11 board game would surely be evidence that we shouldnt have traded him away for Garrity and Dirk.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:03 PM   #35
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Where is the ape rant? A six month old Fortson thread without an ape rant just feels wrong.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 02:27 PM   #36
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I think we all agree that Forston is the most gifted rebounder ever to grace an NBA roster, that he possesses a physique unrivaled in strength and the ability to inflict bodily harm upon his opponents, that he leaves it all on the floor every gameday...and that trading him away will prove to be the albatross that hangs around this franchise's neck for the next ten years.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 04:07 PM   #37
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

Where is Basketball Jonesssssss? Biggest Fortson fan I have ever encountered, I figured he would be pumped about how well Danny did last night.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 12:24 AM   #38
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Not really advocating that we go out and re-acquire Fortson, I meant it more as an indictment of Nelly's propensity to play small ball and never let guys like Fortson even have a chance to play. Don't know that I'd go so far as to call Fortson a "sad human being" though--that just sounds like sour grapes to me. Really, what did Danny ever do to earn that label?
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 12:27 AM   #39
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: bobatundi
Not really advocating that we go out and re-acquire Fortson, I meant it more as an indictment of Nelly's propensity to play small ball and never let guys like Fortson even have a chance to play. Don't know that I'd go so far as to call Fortson a "sad human being" though--that just sounds like sour grapes to me. Really, what did Danny ever do to earn that label?
Danny was a locker room cancer. And he looked like a baked potato in the first game last year.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:39 AM   #40
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

and we really care about appearances. [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]