Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-07-2004, 01:33 PM   #1
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all
Default Who Will Be the Last Undefeated Team Left Standing?

There are many teams playing well right now. The Mavs are looking great, but a four game road trips looms ahead. Miami is on that trip. It could be a show down of the last few undefeated teams. Please vote and give your reasoning.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2004, 01:48 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Who Will Be the Last Undefeated Team Left Standing?

Well I said Dallas because I'm a homer. But I think it would be great if Phoenix and Dallas were still undefeated on the 16th. And it might be asking too much to have us undefeated going into the San Antonio game on the 24th, but wouldn't that be just grand?
Old 11-07-2004, 02:06 PM   #3
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future
Default RE:Who Will Be the Last Undefeated Team Left Standing?

Well, like the other 8 people who have voted before me, I too chose Dallas. I'm definitely an optimist when it comes to the Mavs and from the way we've come out of the gate, I don't see why it's unreasonable that we run off a 13-15 game winning streak. That would be tight...I'd love to see us outperform the WCF season.

And what about that guy who voted for Utah? I admit I'm really surprised by their quick start, they seem like they're going to be a much stronger team than alot of people think. It'll be interesting to see how things turn out once Okur works his way into the starting line-up.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 03:22 PM   #4
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs

11/8 Golden State
11/9 @ Orlando
11/11 @ Miami
11/13 @ New Jersey
11/14 @ Washington
11/16 Phoenix

We’ve only had one road game against the Hornets…and lets face it the Hornets are horrible. I don’t expect the Mavs to come out of their road trip unscathed. As good as they have been so far, I can easily see them going 3-3 or 4-2 the next six games.

Suns

11/9 @ Chicago
11/10 @ Cleveland
11/13 Sacramento
11/16 @ Dallas
11/17 @ New Orleans
11/19 L.A. Lakers

The Suns have played 3 E. C. teams that aren’t very good (Hawks, 76ers and Nets). Lets see them play against a high-powered offense like Sac….should be reminiscent of the Sac/Mavs games of old.

Jazz

11/8 Denver
11/10 Toronto
11/13 Detroit
11/16 @ Charlotte
11/17 @ Orlando
11/19 @ Miami

I may be drinking Jazzy Kool-Aid, but damn they look good. They have 3 homes games coming up and then head to Charlotte…..not too tough of a schedule for them.

Spurs

11/7 @ Seattle
11/10 Golden State
11/12 Miami
11/13 @ Atlanta
11/16 New York
11/18 @ Philadelphia

Again, the Spurs have a pretty easy schedule coming up. They get my vote for the Last One Standing.

Miami

11/9 Washington
11/11 Dallas
11/12 @ San Antonio
11/14 Milwaukee
11/16 @ Minnesota
11/17 @ Milwaukee

Spurs will beat Miami.

Portland

11/7 @ Toronto
11/9 @ New Jersey
11/10 @ Boston
11/13 Toronto
11/17 Memphis
11/19 Milwaukee

Portland will probably not be undefeated past today.

Indiana

11/9 @ Minnesota
11/10 L.A. Clippers
11/12 @ Philadelphia
11/13 New York
11/17 Atlanta
11/19 @ Detroit

Indiana has done well for being so injured, but they’ve only played Cleveland, Boston and Chicago. They won’t make it past Minnie on Tuesday.

Toronto

11/7 Portland
11/9 @ Sacremento
11/10 @ Utah
11/12 @ Seattle
11/13 @ Portland
11/16 @ L.A. Clippers

…and then on the Nov 17 they play Denver on the road as well…killer road trip. I don’t think they’ll make it past Sac without a loss.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 03:55 PM   #5
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I can certainly see the Mavs coming our of those next six without a loss, even if there are some tough games (@ Washington to end the trip with the Suns on the horizon could be dangerous), and SA's schedule does look a little easier. I'll be interested to see how Utah does against Detroit. Utah's been, by far, the best defensive team in all their games so far. That won't be the case when the Pistons come to town, so I expect the Jazz offense to see considerably more pressure than what they've faced so far.

BTW, scratch the Blazers off that list. Loss number one at the hands of the Raptors.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:13 PM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

SA.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 05:31 PM   #7
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

San Antonio is the most likely choice, and I think the Jazz could be a dark horse choice. With that being said, I chose the Mavs because I am a homer. There is a pretty good chance we lose to the Heat or the Suns (or possibly both).

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 07:31 PM   #8
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 11-07-2004, 07:44 PM   #9
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

HOLY CRAP!! Look at this strech of games later this month...

Sun 21 @ Denver

Mon 22 Minnesota

Wed 24 @ San Antonio

Fri 26 Portland

Sat 27 @ Memphis

Tue 30 San Antonio

Old 11-07-2004, 08:00 PM   #10
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Right now, Dallas has too much steam for me to go against them, especially since the team has so much potential. Its a completely revamped team which hopefully means things will only get better as they have been getting better extremely quickly. With that being said, if they slip, then SA could easily have the longest streak since they have more experience with eachother.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 10:27 PM   #11
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Again, the Spurs have a pretty easy schedule coming up. They get my vote for the Last One Standing.
Well, so much for that. The Sonics just blew out the Spurs 113-94. The Baked Potato had himself a nice double-double. I'm still hesitant to even think that the Mavs will go perfect on the road trip.

Old 11-07-2004, 10:29 PM   #12
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Well, you can scratch Portland and San Antonio from that list. Both lost today. I'm going for Dallas myself, but Phoenix could surprise me. Perhaps the November 16th game will decide it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2004, 10:44 PM   #13
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I think the Suns will have trouble with the Kings...possibly a shootout and we KNOW Bibby will destroy Nash as he always does. I also think the Suns will have trouble with the Cavs. If the Mavs can get by Orlando, they should be taking an undefeated record with them in to the game against the Suns. Miami will be an interesting game, but the Mavs finally have someone to put on Shaq. Granted, Dampier will not be able to neutralize Shaq, he should keep him under control better than 25 or more teams are capable of doing. Terry/Harris on Wade should allow the Mavs to add one to the W column.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 10:52 PM   #14
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

Dallas, and I am a professional gambler!
Old 11-07-2004, 11:01 PM   #15
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow I am surprised with that Sonics Spurs game.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:15 AM   #16
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

Interestingly, there are now six undefeated teams, one in each division.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 01:26 AM   #17
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

My money is on Dallas and then Utah.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 12:46 PM   #18
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

phoenix, dallas and then utah
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 10:59 PM   #19
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Now that the mavs are gone, it will come down to the Suns or the Pacers. I am going with the Pacers, even with NBATV reporting that Artest is considering retirement. Is Artest going to pull a Ricky Williams? Oh well, no matter, it doesn't change my pacer prediction.

Old 11-10-2004, 11:35 PM   #20
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Jazz, Suns and Pacers... bye, bye

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 11:42 PM   #21
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Dropping like flies, they are. Now let's see what we can do about stopping the Heat's streak.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:25 AM   #22
mary
Troll Hunter

Much like Jerry Buss...I should've gone with Shaq

Old 11-11-2004, 12:52 AM   #23
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

And we have a winner ... seven votes out of 145 are correct with Miami the last team standing at 4-0. But no one fessed up (posted) on their Miami pick. I personally thought we would have a few more undefeated teams at this point. Let's take it to shaq tomorrow.