Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-08-2004, 07:28 AM   #1
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road
Default Golden State @ Dallas (return of Najera!!) GameDay Thread

Even though I think Dallas wins easily at home against the Warriors the game has interesting flavor. Najera returns to Dallas and will be odd watching him hustle in a different uniform. And Dampier gets to face his old team.

Dallas - 108
G.S. - 87

4-0 AND ROLLING!!
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2004, 07:43 AM   #2
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default RE: Golden State @ Dallas (return of Najera!!) GameDay Thread

Eddie better not destroy us/Dirk. I really hope Dirk doesn't become the next in his line of 'easy elite players to defend.' Yao, CWebb, etc.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 08:05 AM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Golden State @ Dallas (return of Najera!!) GameDay Thread

It will take a total collapse by the Mavs to lose this one and possibly not even then. The main thing is for the Mavs to come out sharp on both ends of the court.

Mavs win 105 to 89
Old 11-08-2004, 09:16 AM   #4
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Mavs win 107-91

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 09:48 AM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Mavs 105 - GS 98

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 10:02 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

..all of the Mavs opponents to this point are winless. Let's hope that they'll keep it that way.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 10:28 AM   #7
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

We hit them so hard they don't know the difference between the sideline and the basket after the game, that's why they're winless [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Anyway, how could I predict anything other than a win tonite?

Mavs roll 114-99
Old 11-08-2004, 10:38 AM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs lose.

Mavs - 107
Warriors - 91
Old 11-08-2004, 10:39 AM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Mavs lose.

Mavs - 107
Warriors - 91
Lose what? Lol.

Anyhone think Eddie gets a standing ovation tonight?

1996-2005
Old 11-08-2004, 10:42 AM   #10
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Mavs 97
Worriers 78
Old 11-08-2004, 10:45 AM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
I'll be standing. Although that has more to do with the fact that the game is on cable tonight so to watch it I have to go to the Health Club(free cable [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ) and watch the game while sweating on a cardio machine.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:47 AM   #12
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Quote:
Mavs lose.

Mavs - 107
Warriors - 91
Lose what? Lol.

Absolutely, I would put money on it.

Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 10:52 AM   #13
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still worried that the Mavs will struggle early on in the season......but not against the Warriors...not at the AAC.

Mavs 116
GSW 99

Eddie will most definitely get a standing "O".

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 11:14 AM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone worse than the Warriors right now? Only the Kings and Warriors are really competing for that designation in the West.

Mavs (3-0) should smear the 0-3 Warriors handily. Being 0-3 is a dangerous spot because teams want to pour EVERYTHING into a game to get a win, and sometimes do. I've watched all three of their games this season and I just havent even seen the potential there. More than anything I've seen them play at an acceptable level of intensity- they just are about as ineffective as they come with all their new plays.

If we can play decent defense, we can hold them to 35% shooting unless something really surprising happens.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 11:18 AM   #15
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs win big.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:21 AM   #16
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mavs lose....
...some dignity as they allow the Warriors to step on the same floor with them...

Mavs 103
GS 95

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 11:22 AM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Eddie will look sharp. He's looked like their superstar lately because everyone else has been so bad.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:22 AM   #18
Don_Didi

Don_Didi is on a distinguished road

Lots of shared minutes tonight. Depending on how the game goes, I hope Nellie gives Dirk some extra minutes rest tonight, as we head to Florida tomorrow. That game will be tougher (and on the end of a back-to-back), so we should be as fresh as we can. Especially Dirk. I'm not so worried about the swingmen, they'll do lright.

Mavs: 101
Warriors: 77
Don_Didi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 11:24 AM   #19
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs by 15.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:13 PM   #20
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
I'll be standing. Although that has more to do with the fact that the game is on cable tonight so to watch it I have to go to the Health Club(free cable [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ) and watch the game while sweating on a cardio machine.
Lol do you mean FoxSouthWest? Or is it on TNT or ESPN?

1996-2005
Old 11-08-2004, 12:16 PM   #21
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bookit
Quote:
Quote:
Mavs lose.

Mavs - 107
Warriors - 91
Lose what? Lol.

Absolutely, I would put money on it.

He definately deserves it. Though I will be watching from my house I will be giving him a standing o.

1996-2005
Old 11-08-2004, 12:41 PM   #22
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

mavs 116
warriors 97
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 01:23 PM   #23
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

106-97 Dallas. Let's Go Mavs!

Eddie will get a standing O. I agree w/Nellie & the papers, it was time for him to move on, but I've always been fond of him.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:33 PM   #24
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas 110
GS 92

4 straight baby!
Old 11-08-2004, 01:34 PM   #25
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Lol do you mean FoxSouthWest? Or is it on TNT or ESPN?
I think it's on FSSW.
PS. Thanks for the great idea, I was wondering how I would be able to watch the game tonight, all I have to do is go to some fitness place and plant myself on one of their bikes for 2 and a half hours. sweet, sweet victory is mine!
Old 11-08-2004, 02:11 PM   #26
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Eddie who?

FSSW does have the game tonight...thank goodness.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 02:39 PM   #27
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Mavs win 110-88. Dirk keeps rolling with 25 points 10 boards and 5 assists. Najera finishes with 5 points and 10 boards off the bench. Stackhouse rebounds from a subpar effort and contributes 16 off the bench. Devin Harris finishes with 15 points and 8 assists.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 02:42 PM   #28
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

110-93 Mavs
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 02:47 PM   #29
samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick is on a distinguished road

Mighty Mavs- 115

Warriors- 87

Dirk breaks the 40 point barrier. Damp gets 15 boards.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:33 PM   #30
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

The only difficult thing to figure out is what the margin of vctory by the Mavs is gonna be.
I say 30.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 03:33 PM   #31
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

our favorite punching bag is in town.

Expect the MOB to put up some huge numbers, and we may even get another glimpse of Benga...(hopefully I'll be home and in front of the tv by the 4th...stupid Mozart Requiem)

us 110
them 91

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 03:40 PM   #32
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Mavericks - 113
Warriors - 82
Old 11-08-2004, 03:41 PM   #33
LordOfTheMavs

LordOfTheMavs is on a distinguished road

Warriors average ~80 pts a game with 38% FG.
Mavs average ~108 pts a game with ~51 % FG.

I'll go with

Mavs - 118
Wars - 85
LordOfTheMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 04:02 PM   #34
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

mavs by 10...

Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 04:30 PM   #35
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I'd like to see the Mavs just grind the Warriors down and hold 'em below their 80 pt. average.

Mavs 97-76
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 04:46 PM   #36
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

1) Damp dominates in the paint and makes GS feel even stupider for holding on to Adonal Foyle
2) Howard hounds J-Rich on the perimeter
3) Harris and Terry shut down Fisher and and Speedy
4) Dunleavy's the only GS player who is effective
5) Dirk goes off for another 30-10

Mavs - 110
Warriors - 92
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 05:06 PM   #37
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

I LIKE MEXICO HE LIKES MEXICO!!!

BE BAGS ALL THE SEXY SENORITAS!!

HE SWAM THE RIO GRAND UP TO NORMAN

FEEL THE POWER!!

TASTE THE FLAVOR!!

SEE THE PASSION!!

HEAR THE WISDOM!!

TOUCH THE MONKEY!!

NAJERA NAJERA NAJERA NAJERA NAJERA NAJERA NAJERA NAJERA NAJERA NAJERA NAJERA

NA JE JE JE NA JA JE JA RA!!
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 05:36 PM   #38
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

okay.....
Old 11-08-2004, 06:07 PM   #39
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

odd comment of the day goes to you, Mr. Pepper
Old 11-08-2004, 06:10 PM   #40
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Odd comment? That was the greatness of Cobra's Najera song.

Cora - Snake.