Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-10-2004, 05:14 PM   #41
Cybertx

Cybertx is on a distinguished road
Default RE: D-E-F-E-N-S-E!!!

GS had 27 shots missed in the third quarter that's not defense of the mavs that's really bad offense of the warriors
Cybertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2004, 05:21 PM   #42
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:D-E-F-E-N-S-E!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by: Cybertx
GS had 27 shots missed in the third quarter that's not defense of the mavs that's really bad offense of the warriors
I believe the bad offense was a result of the good defense. They only had one point guard that night. The same point guard who had to chase Jason Terry and Devin Harris around. The same point guard who did most of their scoring in the first half. The same point guard who had to fight through the defense just to get the ball.

The point is the defense wore down that Golden State team. I'm not saying that the defense was perfect. I'm just saying that solid defense was played by Dallas for 2/3rds of that game.

You're right it might not have been enough to beat an elite team, but overall the defensive effort was not bad.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 05:32 PM   #43
Cybertx

Fisher is old and a bench player and of course he got tired but that's normal no matter against who you play and i don't think defense wore down fisher or GS mostly offense wore GS down they got twice the offensive and defensive reb. in the first half that mavs did.
They played better the first half and return to the warriors level in the second.

And yes we were lucky that they only had one PG.

But that's my point mavs are superior to GS in everything we shouldn't feel lucky because fisher got tired this was supossed to be a blowout utah did that to them are we worse than utah.

C'mon we are talking about warrior and magic we are not talking about minnesota or SA, you know warrios 0-4, lottery team, avg shot. 39% all games under 100 points.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:39 PM   #44
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:D-E-F-E-N-S-E!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by: Cybertx
Fisher is old and a bench player and of course he got tired but that's normal no matter against who you play and i don't think defense wore down fisher or GS mostly offense wore GS down they got twice the offensive and defensive reb. in the first half that mavs did.
They played better the first half and return to the warriors level in the second.

And yes we were lucky that they only had one PG.

But that's my point mavs are superior to GS in everything we shouldn't feel lucky because fisher got tired this was supossed to be a blowout utah did that to them are we worse than utah.

C'mon we are talking about warrior and magic we are not talking about minnesota or SA, you know warrios 0-4, lottery team, avg shot. 39% all games under 100 points.
If your point is that the Mavs defense is not where it needs to be, then I agree. But, I don't agree that the defensive effort against Golden State in 2nd half was bad.

I do realize that it was the Warriors, so I'm not going to declare the Mavs as world beaters just from that game, but I do believe that the defense in the 2nd half is where this team should be headed. Therefore, I would never characterize what they did as "bad defense".
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 05:49 PM   #45
Cybertx

You don get it, the third quarter was almost the same that the second quarter almost same amount of shots that GS was allowed almost same amount of rebounds the diference was that fisher was tired or whatever but the shots weren't made that was the main diference and that mavs missed less and henderson and howard.

I think we want or defense like the the first 2 games or like the fourth quarter against GS, but if you played 3 quarters at bad level then that game game was bad in the defensive area and that's the reason why it went to OT.

GS didn't something diferent than any other game it was the mavs who did.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:05 AM   #46
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I think Erica just went Socratic on you guys(max, nash). No point arguing against that...
Um........great post. If you read the thread, you'd realized that she agrees with me. Also, Max even pointed out that our defense as a whole wasn't good, but it kept us in the game at the end.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote