Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-11-2004, 02:54 PM   #41
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:82games.com update. Small sample size but interesting

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Quote:
Erica, you've reached your quota for being wrong this week.
you've run out of your misinterpretation minutes this week. First of all, I said the +/- was wrong because it only covered one significant game. Secondly I said that we obviously didnt do a good job at coming back because we lost and only had a net makeup of 3 points which we quickly lost in the fourth. Thirdly I said that Bradley himself wasnt too effective. None of that you disproved. I'm not denying that there was a ten point swing from when bradley came in to when he went out, but there are other reasons, like improved FG%. You only proved that Bradley played a lot and that we scored at a more efficient clip.

You've run out of stupid half-corrections for the week, Murph. Who will cut you off? No one I guess, but it must suck to really try to make someone look stupid and not quite provide the correct evidence for it.
Let me see....

1. Erica claimed that a 3rd degree ankle sprain is when you tear the tendons. Wow, you were dead on with that one. Does the word 'ligament' ring a bell?

2. Erica claimed that having a 3rd degree sprain means that you wouldn't get up. Wow, you were dead wrong on that one. Numerous sites said that there would be difficulty with walking. None claimed that you wouldn't be able to get up.

3. You claimed that the Mavs did a poor job of coming back against Orlando with Bradley in the game when they took a 20 point lead and trimmed it down into single digits.

Erica, you're struggling. Just admit that you were wrong all three, and I'll drop it. If you try to reverse the whip on me, .....let's just say that I won't drop it.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2004, 02:58 PM   #42
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
I missed the game, so I'd like to know, how was Damp so ineffective that Nellie pulled him when he grabbed 13 rebounds (6 offensive) in 24min? Was he allowing easy layups, was he getting beat badly by his man? Or could it be that Nellie pulled him because of fouls and the team played well so Bradley stayed in the game? Looking at the box, Shawn did very little in his 15minutes: 4pts, 4rebs, 0 blocks...

I guess my real questions is, "Was Bradley in the game because he was personally playing well or becuase the team started clicking?"
Damp wasn't ineffective. The Mavs simply played better defense with Bradley in the game. The Mavs went zone with the Mantis anchoring the middle. No, his stats weren't great, but he made a huge defensive impact. Him coupled with Dirk getting hot helped to decrease the deficit during that stretch.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:20 PM   #43
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Murph: Damp wasn't ineffective. The Mavs simply played better defense with Bradley in the game.
this was at least partially because of the wear and tear from the previous night's game. But I do like the occassional zone for a change of pace..
Quote:
No, his stats weren't great, but he made a huge defensive impact. Him coupled with Dirk getting hot helped to decrease the deficit during that stretch.
lots of changed shots by Bradley?

good to hear Shawn had a nice positive impact on the game.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 03:32 PM   #44
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Erica, unless you can "pull tape" (seriously) and see something that no one else saw, I suggest you let this argument drop
I just watched the segment that Bradley played. Better than I thought but not good. I have all the games archived so do not challenge me on that.

3rd quarter
7:29 Bradley fouls Francis
7:07 wide open tukoglu
6:50 Bradley wild pass, somehow ends with Dirk. Dirk gets fouled
6:08 layup on top of Bradley by Garrity
5:17 Bradley rebound
4:38 Francis gets the offensive rebound over Bradley
4:33 Francis goes 180 degrees around Bradley. Daniels fouls
4:19 Bradley makes his first FT, misses his second
3:10 fights with Daniels for O board- ball goes out of bounds. TO.
2:55 contests Battie's hook. Battie miss
1:31 open three by Turkoglu, Bradley defensive rebound
0:26 Bradley contests shot

4th quarter
11:38 Nelson lays up on Bradley
11:20 Bradley loses ball, gets it back and scores
10:29 Bradley with a stupid foul on Howard
10:28 Garrity open three, Bradley rebound
9:45 Francis assists it behind Bradley's back. Hill gets open jumper
9:17 unforced TO by Orlando
8:38 unforced TO by orlando. Bradley gets the ball in his lap.
8:23 Bradley misses jumper
8:15 Turkoglu facial on Bradley
7:45 Bradley misses jumper

Dampier comes in.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 03:40 PM   #45
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'll drop it. If you try to reverse the whip on me, .....let's just say that I won't drop it.
is that a threat?

and seriously, where did you get that I said that Finley wouldn't get up

Quote:
I saw Finley get up, run and shoot FTs
its unimportant if he could get up. He played defense for a play, ran the floor and shot FTs. That's the more important thing. I never denied that he could get up. Playing on an ankle is more than just getting up. Find one time that I said that he could not get up. One. You are attributing two strikes on me because I messed up one word but had everything else right, and two for something I never said? Shame on you.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:43 PM   #46
Murphy3
Guru

It's me saying that I won't drop it. If you'd like to continue the discussion, it would be my pleasure. If you'd like to admit that you were wrong, it'd be my pleasure to let it die.

Either way, it's my pleasure. No, it's not a threat. It's me saying that I will gladly continue the conversation.

I do find it amusing how incapable you are to admit when you're wrong. In three instances the past couple of days you have proven yourself incapable of admitting the painfully obvious. Why?
Old 11-11-2004, 03:48 PM   #47
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Have you ever had a torn tendon in your ankle? I tore a tendon in my right ankle while playing in an 8th grade basketball game. I was definitely able to 'get up'.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:52 PM   #48
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
read my edit.

Admit that I never said that a player couldnt get up and we can drop it.

I'll admit I used the wrong word. I thought I already had. I will not admit to saying something that I never said. You were wrong on that, and in your own sad life you tried to invent things to fight with me about. Get over your self and get some help.

Well, here you go...you can also look in the Finley injury thread. I just bumped it up for you:

Quote:
BTW, it is absolutely wrong to think that Finley has a third degree sprain. While researching Daniels' condition, I discovered that 3rd degree sprains are when the tendon actually tears. That means that he would not be getting up.
This is from you. I'm listening for you to admit that you were wrong or for you to try and backtrack out of it.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:06 PM   #49
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just watched the segment that Bradley played. Better than I thought but not good. I have all the games archived so do not challenge me on that.
I wonder what your idea of "good" is.

Plus, your scouting report after watching the videotape is so incredibly biased. It is obvious that you didn't watch that tape from any sort of objective point of view. I'm not sure what your motive is, but it plainly isn't to accurately assess what happened.

During the Orlando game, when Bradley was off the floor the Magic were scoring at 2.25 points per minute. When he was on the floor they were scoring at 1.26 per minute. That's really all you need to know.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 04:10 PM   #50
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I honestly do not care about what a sad little man like you thinks. You confronted me and I was pissed and typed a little fast. I was wrong that he could not get up, and it was hasty to say so.

The fact is that that was of little importance to the argument. With a 3rd degree sprain, he would not be back in 2 weeks, he would not have been able to play defense and his FTs would have looked a lot worse.

Does it make you happy to routinely attack people? Do you think you are teaching people humility by confronting people like you do? I have never claimed infalibility. You tend to think that I never admitted error on the word "tendon", but you yourself used "tendon" incorrectly and never admitted fault. The level of scrutiny that you place on me is unbearable and I couldnt think of a single poster that could live up to that, yourself included. I post a lot so by numbers, there are going to be errors in what I say and how I say things. Give me a break. When I'm wrong, let me know but don't attack me about it. This is just a matter of psychology. Do you honestly think that anyone would like getting backed down by you in an aggressive manner? You confront people and they dont like getting pushed around, correct or not.

Get some help. I know people like you- my dad was one of them until he got help for his OCD. There is something wrong when you live on small errors of someone else. I'm concerned for you. You just spent more than an hour riding my ass because two days ago I had failed to add, " it would be unlikely that he would be able to get up shoot freethrows and play a possession of defense with a "complete tear and loss of integrity of a ligament"
Old 11-11-2004, 04:24 PM   #51
Murphy3
Guru

Now Erica, there's no reason to attack me on a personal level.

The point is this...You have talked down to people numerous times over the past several months only to be proven wrong. Sure, it wasn't a huge deal what we were arguing about, but there si a reason as to why I was arguing with you about it. You fail to admit when you're wrong even when someone quotes conflicting posts from you. You fail to admit when you're wrong when it's right there slapping you in the face. I'm sorry, but I have had enough of it. That's why I nitpicked what you said. That's why I went to such lengths to point out what your backtracking.

If you're going to get up in everyone's face all the time, have the decency to admit when someone actually catches you saying something incorrect. Don't backtrack. You lose credibility doing this. Yes, I can admit that I'm similar to you in that I have no problem with confrontation. However, I do know how to admit when I'm wrong. Can you extend the rest of the board the same courtesy?
Old 11-11-2004, 04:27 PM   #52
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I'll admit it. I was shocked at how much the game changed when Bradley came in. Nowitzki started scoring on monster plays, and although there were tons of open shots all around by the MAgic and that there were no fewer than three plays where the opponent just embarassed Bradley, he did have a significant impact on a few plays that he wasnt even involved with. Orlando wasnt as aggressive offensively. Neither center was playing what I would call "well", but Bradley did have a larger impact. Was he responsible for the run? I attribute that mostly to the increased offense and some unforced errors by Orlando, but he was a small part of it. I guess that's eating crow, but the truth is, both sides were really arguing silly extremes. Bradley didnt dominate the game and he wasnt invisible in the game either.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:34 PM   #53
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Can you extend the rest of the board the same courtesy?
Did you understand what I said? Do you ever give me credit where credit is due? I admit Im wrong regularly. Sometimes I think it, and sometimes I openly admit it. Do you honestly see anyone else admitting they are wrong? Why should I be held to such high standards that I have to admit all errors when there are more than a handful of posters that have been radically wrong and have never admitted it. I let it slip. I'm wrong a lot myself and I dont have the time to hold mistakes against people. I dont handle aggressive people well. You know exactly how to get my goat, and you have abused it. In the injury thread, I would have had no problem with anyone politely correcting me. It was when you were nasty, aggressive and sarcastic that I really couldnt take it.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:35 PM   #54
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough. Agreed, it wasn't the best game I've ever seen Bradley play. But yes, the tone of game did change dramatically. And it changed right back, too, when he left the game. I don't have it on tape, so I can only go on memory here, but I seem to remember that the lane opened back up when Bradley left the game.

At any rate, Bradley is a great asset to have, if for no other reason than situations like these. If we could have shown any semblance of offensive efficiency, we could have pulled that game out of the fire--and the defensive change of pace would have been the reason.

Then again, if we'd had any semblance of offense, we wouldn't have gone behind 21 in the first place...
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 04:37 PM   #55
Cybertx

Cybertx is on a distinguished road
Default RE: 82games.com update. Small sample size but interesting

Murphy you are not really good at admiting too, there's at least 2 players that you never admit that you are wrong(bradley and Najera).

When i agree with most of your opinion about shawn(favorable) we have had some diferences about najera.
Cybertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 04:39 PM   #56
Murphy3
Guru

Nah, I'll admit that my thing with Najera is a bit..I openly petitioned for more PT for Najera last year.

but how am I 'wrong' about Bradley?

If you want to prove that I'm wrong, find quotes from me and prove it.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:45 PM   #57
Cybertx

Ok let me explain usually your points about bradley are positives which most of time i agree with but there has been times when bradley had been less than good and you usually defend him more that you do other players.

What i mean is that your opinion of bradley is a little bias, which i don't find that bad anybody has a right to have some favorite.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:50 PM   #58
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Cybertx
Ok let me explain usually your points about bradley are positives which most of time i agree with but there has been times when bradley had been less than good and you usually defend him more that you do other players.

What i mean is that your opinion of bradley is a little bias, which i don't find that bad anybody has a right to have some favorite.
Please in the future, just point out where I'm incorrect. But please also note that there is no gray area in the situation in which Erica and I were discussing. In most Bradley discussions, there is a gray area.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:58 PM   #59
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

I think Dampier just needs to learn the system to the extent that Bradley has. I mean, really, comparing a guy that's been in Dallas for years to one who's been there for 3 months is a little preposturous...
Old 11-11-2004, 05:23 PM   #60
Cybertx

I agree in the bradley area, i can't give my opinion about that game because i didn't watched it and to really form an opinion about bradley you need to watch it in the game since his contribution aren't show in the box score.

About you and Erica that's your discussion but i been to some discussion were she had admitted to some mistakes and i been in others were you have admitted some mistakes, we all do.

Relax man this year you have been a little more in the offense then past year. Does this have to do with quality of the forums, it's going down, right.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:41 PM   #61
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Marquis is looking like his old self again. I thought that he would be the key tonight with Finley being out.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote