Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-11-2004, 10:12 AM   #1
akaarod03

akaarod03 is on a distinguished road
Default Dallas @ Miami Gameday Thread

Miami, in my opinion, is the best team in the East. With that said...if Dallas can get off to a good start in tonight's ballgame...I think we can come out of Miami with a win. Go Mavs!

91-83 Mavs
akaarod03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2004, 11:18 AM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dallas @ Miami Gameday Thread

Bad feelings about tonight. I think that's why no one has posted in this thread (except for akaarod). I am interested in seeing how Damp handles the man-beast Superman on the other side. But I think we lose.

Mavs - 94
Heat - 98
Old 11-11-2004, 11:28 AM   #3
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default RE:Dallas @ Miami Gameday Thread

I think its going to be a tough game but we'll eventually pull it out

99-96 Mavs

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:32 AM   #4
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

I'm going to say we should assume another defeat.

mavs 91
heat 102
Old 11-11-2004, 11:40 AM   #5
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

If dirk plays well, mavs win.
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:41 AM   #6
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Dwayne Wade vs. Jet/Devin Harris? Looking forward to that for sure, and Damp vs. Shaq...should be an interesting match-up...I hope it doesn't turn out like the first game of last season when Fortson got pushed around like a rag doll (after talking smack beforehand). I think we'll come out of this with a win, Shaq isn't really playing up to par and I have the feeling that's going to continue. Erica's stats point to the 3 as the highest scoring position on opposing teams (by FG%), which is good because we're matching up against...uh...Rasual Butler? Wesley Person? I think we're in good shape. I actually think it might be good that Fin's out because now we get a chance to see what the chemistry is like with the younger players, even though they're hurtin' too. Maybe we'll get our first real looks at M'benga and Booth.

99-96 Mavs
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:51 AM   #7
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

The mavs need to let shaq have his. Play tight defense on the perimeter and we should take this one. Even with the injury to Finley we have depth to take the Heat. I expect a big bounce back game from Stackhouse, Dirk and Howard.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:55 AM   #8
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

104-98 Heat!

We finally give up over 100 and we take our second straight loss to a VERY good team...

I sure hope I am wrong about this by the way!
Old 11-11-2004, 12:12 PM   #9
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

It'll be really interesting to see how the Mavericks defend Shaq and Wade. My suspicion is that Nellie will put Josh Howard on Wade and Jason Terry on Eddie Jones. As for Shaq, I agree with jayc. I hope the Mavs play him straight up and let him get his, but don't swarm him.

If the Mavs are to win tonight, Dirk has to dominate Udonis Haslem, Dampier has to show up from the opening tip, and the point guards have to play well.

Oh yeah, and the Mavs need to try and move the ball and demonstrate some semblance of an offensive gameplan.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:25 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

They haven't looked like they've had any sort of offensive game plan the past 2 games. It's pretty much just been 5 guys free lancing...trying to take their man off the dribble.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 12:44 PM   #11
Folterkammer

Folterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really nice

we will win it just because it will be the first game i will be able to listen to per radio ( fucking german university without internet connection...)

106 mavs
96 heat
Old 11-11-2004, 12:47 PM   #12
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs either pull out a strong game or are slipping into a losing slump...

Dirk shows up big with no Finley...
Mavs 102
Heat 96

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:03 PM   #13
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

We better win. I've been waiting 2 weeks for a game to actually be on TV in Austin.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:48 PM   #14
vinnieponte

I think if we have any chance of winning this game we're going to have to stop shaq obviously. that means first off keep bradley out of the game as in the past he has proven to be in affective secondly we need to bring DJ off the bench to slow his game. Dj to me has proven to block shots and really put the d in defense and would match up great against shaq.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:09 PM   #15
samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick is on a distinguished road

Mavs - 103
Heat - 92
Old 11-11-2004, 03:15 PM   #16
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Ordered some chinese food today, the fortune cookie says.......

"You'll advance far with your abilities. Lucky numbers: 4, 6, 9, 20, 37,39."

So look for a big game from Marquis Daniels tonite...... too bad finley sprained his ankle [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Oh, and I'll be in attendance tonight, so if you see a really short guy with the away #41 jersey with a goatee...... there's a slight chance it is me...... especially if you see two idiots surrounding me (two miami heat fans).
Old 11-11-2004, 03:47 PM   #17
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

The "D" will dominate! Dallas, Defense, Dirk and Damp. Mike is on vac. Let's do this!!!!
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 03:49 PM   #18
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Not feeling good about this game. Though reports say Dirk and Howard went through the entire practice yesterday, I still worry about the ankles. Not to mention that Daniels is no where being 100%.

You would think the ball would be in Dirk's hands more without Fin available, but who's going to step up if the Heat swarm Dirk?
Old 11-11-2004, 04:19 PM   #19
gogojojo73

gogojojo73 is on a distinguished road

Daniels and Howard are the keys on DEFENSE.

Dampier needs the Ball downlow to draw fouls on Shaq.

Mavs win
Mavs 100
Heat 90
gogojojo73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 04:32 PM   #20
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7
We better win. I've been waiting 2 weeks for a game to actually be on TV in Austin.
Word.

A dramatic win tonight could carry us for weeks - its a chance for the Mavs to show detractors what they're made of.

We gotta execute tonight cause Shaq will come to play. We might need DJ to judo chop the big aristotle.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:46 PM   #21
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I wonder if DJ will get any time tonight, to foul Shaq? He'd be more fouls to use on Shaq and Nelson probably won't be phased if DJ fouls out. Either way, I hope there are some good performances since it is the first Mavs game this season that I will be able to watch. I really hate not being in Dallas!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 05:46 PM   #22
Cybertx

Cybertx is on a distinguished road

Defense and energy are the keys and please give the damn ball to dirk , he's our shaq
Cybertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 05:49 PM   #23
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

shaq will own dampier.

wade will own harris/terry

dirk will look bad due to his ankles

... hope im wrong.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:49 PM   #24
NBAGnome

NBAGnome is on a distinguished road

I'm real curious who is going to be put on Wade, I agree with kg_veteran, Howard stands a good chance to be matched up with Wade.

This is going to be a tough game, lets hope Wade doesn't continue being absolutely unstoppable. His stats over the first 4 games are ridiculous. 57% FG, 27ppg, 8apg, 5.8rpg.

Damp has had success against Shaq in the past, and Shaq hasn't had a truly dominate game thus far, probably due to the hamstring. If we can play Shaq one on one and contain Wade without having to collaspe on him too much we stand a good chance...even though Rasual Butler and Wesley Person are 'no names' they are good shooters and they'll kill us if we leave them open...there were points in the first few Heat games where Rasual Butler was nailing every outside shot he took...though hes cooled off since.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:51 PM   #25
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

We better watch Butler!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2004, 06:16 PM   #26
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs win a tough one, dirk goes ballistic. Mave 92-89
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 06:36 PM   #27
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte

mavs 91
heat 102
It's painful being a Kerry-backing liberal huh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Mavs win on the road 96-89
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 07:18 PM   #28
vinnieponte

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte

mavs 91
heat 102
It's painful being a Kerry-backing liberal huh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Mavs win on the road 96-89

dr what the hell does that have to do with us loosing. I've offered to meet you in person to back up your words and you refuse, so again if you would like to continue the verbal assult be my guess, but i'm ready when you're, anytime bitch
Old 11-11-2004, 07:26 PM   #29
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

Dampier will destroy O'Neal [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Mavs win

Good luck!!!
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 07:33 PM   #30
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Folterkammer
we will win it just because it will be the first game i will be able to listen to per radio ( fucking german university without internet connection...)

106 mavs
96 heat

Chuckle. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Heck I was in providence louisiana, supposedly the poorest city in america and I was surfing the net at the local jehovah java shop. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 07:43 PM   #31
bricklayer

bricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the rough

Mavs win, we have a days rest and they'll be looking past us to spurs. Mavs 98 heat 94
Old 11-11-2004, 07:48 PM   #32
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

i keep going with the mavs but eh..i don't know..i'll be a homer

mavs 101 heat 98
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 08:21 PM   #33
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

nice start from dirk and daniels
Old 11-11-2004, 08:25 PM   #34
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

i like this start. a lot.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:26 PM   #35
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

Great start to the game for the Mavs.

Quesy looks like he did last year. Dude is fearless.

Devin doesnt seemed to be bothered by the hype of the game either.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 08:27 PM   #36
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

wonderful start. This is what we needed. With Fin out, our athleticism is off the charts when Marquis is playing. BTW, did I mention that I love Marquis. Man, I just love how he can play. Lets keep it going. Also, Devin looks like he can handle Dwayne, which is a huge plus.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 08:28 PM   #37
HexNBA
Golden Member

oh yeah dirk!!!
Old 11-11-2004, 08:32 PM   #38
HexNBA
Golden Member

man even if dallas cools off after this, i hope they can keep up the defense
Old 11-11-2004, 08:32 PM   #39
HexNBA
Golden Member

nooo not stackhouse
Old 11-11-2004, 08:34 PM   #40
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Stackhouse comes in-----turnover!
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote