Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-11-2004, 09:23 PM   #81
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all
Default RE: Dallas @ Miami Gameday Thread

Dirk better get 50 tonight or I'm gonna be disappointed!
Old 11-11-2004, 09:23 PM   #82
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dallas @ Miami Gameday Thread

nice little cut by stack.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:24 PM   #83
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

finally Stackhouse puts on a decent show
Old 11-11-2004, 09:27 PM   #84
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Sometimes Stackhouse costs the team more points than he produces.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:29 PM   #85
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet, they disallowed that last basket by Miami.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:30 PM   #86
HexNBA
Golden Member

i shouldnt really complain considering he has 25 points, but i wish dirk got a few more rebounds.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:31 PM   #87
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs lead 71-57 at the half:

Howard (17) 2-6, 0-1, 4pts, 4rbs

Dirk (21) 6-10, 2-3, 11-11, 25pts, 2rbs, 1as, 1to, 1blk

Dampier (9) 1-1, 2pts, 3rbs, 1to

Daniels (19) 6-9, 1-1, 3-3, 16pts, 3rbs, 3as

Harris (12) 2-3, 4pts, 2rbs, 1as, 2tos, 1stl

Henderson (9) 0-2, 0-2, 5rbs, 1as, 1blk

Stackhouse (12) 4-5, 1-1, 1-2, 10pts, 2as, 2tos

Terry (12) 3-3, 2-2, 8pts, 1rb, 2as, 1to

MBenga (1) 0-1

Bradley (6) 1-1, 2pts, 1rb, 1to, 1stl, 1blk

Booth (2) 1blk
Old 11-11-2004, 09:32 PM   #88
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Marquis hasn't played over 30 minutes in the season yet. He probably has not played much basketball since August when he sprained his ankle. He's still rusty, no doubt. And all we hear is that he's playing at 80%, which seems to be good enough so far.

I understand that Josh and Marquis didn't do well distributing the ball on the break or forced a lay up here or there, but I will give both the a chance to see some changes in their game. Josh did fine forcing his shot this summer, he went to line like crazy and I expect that to still happen when he drives hard and puts a shot up. These are kids, both of whom have great college experience, but still wet behind the ears in this league. I have complete confidence in both.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:35 PM   #89
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Barkley called the Mavs the Western Conf. sleeper?!? Initial signs of national media respect?

I think DJ'd get more time if he got rid of the Vanilla Ice Lines in the 'do. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

71 pts is unbelievable - GO MAVS!!
Old 11-11-2004, 09:35 PM   #90
samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick is on a distinguished road

Dwayne Wade is the shyte. Forget Carmello Lebron and Dwayne Wade are gonna be the new Magic and Bird........

Oh yeah mavs look good.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:36 PM   #91
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I like what Nellie did at the end of the quarter. At the time of Hack A Shaq we were only up by 8. I've played bball before and when you go into halftime and your down only by single digits after being down by 17 points you feel great. You go into halftime losing by double digits you sort of feel as if you have a hill to climb. It was important for Nellie to end the quarter as strong as possible and he did. I give him props for the way he managed the end of the quarter.

BTW, good game by Marquis. I knew he'd come along at some point during the season but not today's game. He proved me wrong but why does Nellie sit him so long? Is he still lingering from injury? Though i've been pleased with Nellie this season I really hate how he manages the guards minutes.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:38 PM   #92
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

I think a few are still nursing sore ankles tonight - Quis, Dirk - they were talking about his bone spurs but he said he felt good. It sure is looking like he's on tonight.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:40 PM   #93
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: foglemann
Marquis hasn't played over 30 minutes in the season yet. He probably has not played much basketball since August when he sprained his ankle. He's still rusty, no doubt. And all we hear is that he's playing at 80%, which seems to be good enough so far.

I understand that Josh and Marquis didn't do well distributing the ball on the break or forced a lay up here or there, but I will give both the a chance to see some changes in their game. Josh did fine forcing his shot this summer, he went to line like crazy and I expect that to still happen when he drives hard and puts a shot up. These are kids, both of whom have great college experience, but still wet behind the ears in this league. I have complete confidence in both.
Agreed. Where would we be without Marquis tonight? And Josh has had some trememdous games already this season. It feels great to have young, stars in the making on the Mavs roster.

Old 11-11-2004, 09:40 PM   #94
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Fogleman, I have complete confidence in their abilities too.

But Howard and Daniels miss more layups than perhaps any other Maverick. And at times, it's what drives the shooting percentage of the whole team down.

Take for example, Josh's 0-9 the other night. Had he made just 1 or 2 layups how would that have changed the game? How about Daniels' blown layups in the 2nd half while the run was going on?

And both have already blown 2 "gimme" layups with no defensive pressure.

As for the team, they are playing extremely well tonight. And they don't have a lot of assists, but the ball movement is a lot better. There isn't a lot of 1 on 1. It is pick and roll. Cut to the up. Spread the floor and kick out. It is get in the lane and create.

And defensively the Mavs just need to let6 Shaq score and guard Wade. Wade is going to be the Heat player that will give the Mavs trouble. The Pistons have already shown how to beat LA. Let Shaq have his points and shut down the top guard and stay at home on the role players.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:43 PM   #95
samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: mmmfast
I think DJ'd get more time if he got rid of the Vanilla Ice Lines in the 'do. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
What are you talking about, we are the guys with the stupid ugly things on our head. Dirk, Mbenga, Quis, and the head bands with Terry, Damp and Josh.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:43 PM   #96
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

71-59 I want to be betting on the overs at the moment. Luckily, I took the $3.50 that I was offered this morning for the Mavs to win!!

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:44 PM   #97
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bayliss, did you watch last season? Marquis and Josh finished well around the basket consitently. They only had a problem with giving up the ball on the fast break. Not with finishing. The Orlando game was just a fluke for the team in general but not a trend.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:47 PM   #98
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

Dirk kicks ass. Quis looks really nice tonight.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:52 PM   #99
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Bayliss, going into tonight's game Marquis has converted on 73.3% of his inside fga's (that's dunks, layups, and tip-ins combined). You don't know what you're talking about with regard to him. You're right about Josh, though.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:54 PM   #100
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Bayliss, I will agree with you, they have missed layups. We have all seen this happen in games and it just looks like they are gimmies or a little higher jump would turn into a dunk. But I am looking into the future instead of the past. I do hope and am pretty sure that these will happen less and less as the year goes on.

Hey, I got 500 posts, it took me a little under 3 years to do it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2004, 09:54 PM   #101
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

WOAHHHHHHHHH! watch out rook
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:55 PM   #102
HexNBA
Golden Member

dirk is just awesome tonight
Old 11-11-2004, 09:58 PM   #103
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is just crazy tonight.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:00 PM   #104
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Dirk's so hot right now.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:00 PM   #105
foglemann
Golden Member

YEAH!!!!

Gosh, I love this team.

Me and my friends have a little saying when our fantasy guys are doing great...

"Make some babies" and we are doing just that.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:02 PM   #106
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Daniels is starting to make bad decisions...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:06 PM   #107
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

make some babies?
Old 11-11-2004, 10:08 PM   #108
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

JoHo Needs to learn shot selection.

Dont watch stack.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:11 PM   #109
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3

How is scoring everytime you shoot making a bad decision?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2004, 10:13 PM   #110
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

mbenga has 3 fouls and 1 block..lol
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:14 PM   #111
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

exciting game tonight but it is kidn of looking like the dallas la game a couple years ago when dallas was up by 27

finley was out in that one too
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:15 PM   #112
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bookit
Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3

How is scoring everytime you shoot making a bad decision?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
He had a turnover and a couple 'wrong' passes in a short sequence....that's all.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:16 PM   #113
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Just rebound and keep the pressure on defense.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:19 PM   #114
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Mavs lead 95-82 after 3 quarters:

Howard (26) 3-10, 1-3, 7pts, 6rbs

Dirk (33) 9-17, 2-4, 13-13, 33pts, 8rbs, 3as, 2tos, 1blk

Dampier (15) 2-3, 4pts, 4rbs, 1to

Daniels (31) 9-13, 1-1, 3-5, 22pts, 5rbs, 3as, 1to

Harris (20) 4-5, 1-1, 9pts, 2rbs, 3as, 2tos, 2stls

Henderson (9) 0-2, 0-2, 5rbs, 1as, 1blk

Stackhouse (15) 4-6, 1-2, 1-2, 10pts, 2as, 2tos

Terry (17) 3-3, 2-2, 8pts, 1rb, 2as, 1to

MBenga (4) 0-1, 1blk

Bradley (8) 1-2, 2pts, 1rb, 1to, 1stl, 1blk

Booth (1) 1blk

Dickau (1)
Old 11-11-2004, 10:20 PM   #115
HexNBA
Golden Member

get that career high dirk, you can do it!
Old 11-11-2004, 10:20 PM   #116
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Dirk is insane tonight!
Old 11-11-2004, 10:21 PM   #117
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Dirk is intense!!!
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:21 PM   #118
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk needs to start taking it to the hoop more and not relying on the fallaways. This is about the time the legs give out a little bit.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:25 PM   #119
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Why do we insist on shooting so fast? Why are we in a rush?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:26 PM   #120
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Now let's throw it down to damp a little bit.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote