Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 11-11-2004, 10:57 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hilarious Story

I'm thankful Dirk is ok and no damage was done, but Dirk's repsponse was hilarious.

Nowitzki OK after teammate slams fingers in cab

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

MIAMI – You'd think the toughest thing about being a young, unproven player in the NBA would be waiting for your next minute of playing time.

But not damaging the team's superstar probably rates above that.

Dan Dickau had the scare of his professional life when he went to South Beach for dinner with Dirk Nowitzki on Wednesday. The pair hopped in a cab and Dickau asked Nowitzki what seat he wanted for the most legroom.

Nowitzki took the back seat. Then Dickau shut the car door on Nowitzki's fingers. Worst of all, it was his shooting hand.

"I looked at the door and two of Dirk's fingers were hanging out," Dickau said. "That could have been the most expensive cab ride of my life."

As it turned out, there was no damage done, other than a bruise at mid-knuckle. Nowitzki was calm when the accident happened.

"I said, "Dude, open the door. My fingers are in there,' " Nowitzki said.

Dickau, who was activated before Thursday's game against the Miami Heat when Michael Finley took his place on the injured list, was thankful there wasn't serious damage done to Nowitzki's fingers.

When the story circulated in the locker room and everybody was told there was no harm done, Dickau knew he was going to get razzed.

"That could have been an end-of-career cab ride for Dan," Shawn Bradley said. "That would have been his shortest stay on the active roster ever."

Daniels gets the nod:

Marquis Daniels was inserted in the starting lineup in place of Finley, who returned to Dallas with his sprained right ankle.

Daniels started 15 times as a rookie last season and was scheduled to be the starter at shooting guard this year.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:00 PM   #2
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:Hilarious Story

Quote:
Nowitzki took the back seat. Then Dickau shut the car door on Nowitzki's fingers. Worst of all, it was his shooting hand.
Cut him.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:04 PM   #3
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

[img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]

It's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] if Dirk really would've got hurt over this but hell if he is going to put together a game like tonight together than smash away before every game.

Quote:
This had me laughing to tears. I can just see Dirk saying that. How many Mavs teammates is it now that have hurt Dirk? Isn't Dickau #3 or 4? Atleast it wasn't during practice this time.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:09 PM   #4
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all
Default RE: Hilarious Story

haha that was some good stuff. i'm glad everythign was alright though, that could've been a lot worse.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:11 AM   #5
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

That's pretty funny. Seems like everyone knows who the franchise is. Dan better get in step.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:22 AM   #6
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

That's what Dirk claims he said. What did he REALLY say? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 01:14 AM   #7
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I just spit beer all over my monitor.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 01:34 AM   #8
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I slammed a car door once with my mother's hand getting stuck in... I was 6 years old...

let's refer to him as Dan 'Dickhead' from now on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 06:54 AM   #9
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

If somebody's going to injure Nowitzki, it should at least be Finley, or Stackhouse, or someone who has any kind of value to this team.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 08:46 AM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I once slammed the door on my ex-wife's hand (she was current wife at the time) by accident.

Really. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2004, 10:02 AM   #11
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
I once slammed the door on my ex-wife's hand (she was current wife at the time) by accident.

Ummm... so she divorced you after that? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 10:10 AM   #12
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB

Replace "by accident" with "repeatedly" and you know what really happened. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 10:20 AM   #13
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Pretty funny story...that would have been Dickau's head.

Classic quote

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 10:21 AM   #14
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

dreaded double

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 10:28 AM   #15
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

You'all are killing me.!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 01:09 PM   #16
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

I love that quote so much, it's now my signature!
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote