Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-12-2004, 05:20 PM   #1
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of
Default Nellie on with Randy

Did anybody hear this interview? It was funny when they were commenting on how Shaq dissed Nellie. In an earlier interview, Shaq said that he would always have more rings than Nellie. Nellie commented that somebody should teach Shaq some history. Nellie has 5 NBA rings to only 3 for Shaq! LOL.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2004, 05:28 PM   #2
fifteenth man

fifteenth man is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Nellie on with Randy

Man that is funny. [img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]

When Miami comes to Dallas we have to get some signs up in the stands, and maybe one of those Cuban Jumbotron cartoons about this.

I didn't hear the Shaq interview so I wonder if Shaq was bothered or if he was being his usually silly self in picking on Nellie.

fifteenth man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 05:33 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I really believe that Shaq likes Nellie. But, he likes to rag on anything associated with the organization when he gets a chance in my opinion...probably because this is where he wants to be...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 06:43 PM   #4
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Honestly, I really believe that Shaq likes Nellie. But, he likes to rag on anything associated with the organization when he gets a chance in my opinion...probably because this is where he wants to be...
I agree. Shaq throws barbs at just about everyone, but I've heard him make good comments about Nellie, and several about Cuban. Alot of the stuff he's said about Nellie not being able to stop him with gimmicks was less insulting than it was accurate and truthful.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 07:58 PM   #5
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

i think shaq likes nellie as well...remember that whole clown thing a couple years ago..

he just gets annoyed when they put him on the line because he can't make FT's
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 10:11 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Shaq's nothing more than a ovesized kid. Personally, I like the guy quite a bit from what I know of him.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 12:00 AM   #7
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Actually, from what I have seen and heard he is probably the most respectful, down to earth, and genuinely nice ball players I've ever heard of. During an interview a couple of years ago, Shaq was talking about his father calling and telling him to get back to work and play ball. Shaq stated that he always did what his father told him to do. Another good person in my estimation is Shawn Bradley.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 02:50 AM   #8
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Who can forget Shaq and Nellie and the clown nose? He clearly loves Nellie. Shaq may hate the hack-shaq, but he loves the fact that Nellie invented it just to try to stop him. His happiest moment on the court is when he hits a free throw after a Mavs foul. Theres even a stat in the record book for fastest foul out. You know Shaq loves having his name in the record book.

Like everybody in the NBA, Shaq would love to play for Nellie. Who's the last Mav player to not like Nellie? He lets you shoot when you want, gets mad if you don't, and lets you get away with bad D.