Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-12-2004, 07:57 PM   #1
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough
Default anyone see Dirk on Espn Shoot Around?

I just missed it becaused there was a phone call. Anyone see it ?
DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2004, 08:01 PM   #2
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:anyone see Dirk on Espn Shoot Around?

If you look right now, Dirk has a nice fro working.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 08:02 PM   #3
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road
Default RE: anyone see Dirk on Espn Shoot Around?

I saw it, he talked about the same old things and they joked about him playing defense and he was laughing hard. Pretty cool, Dirk was wearing skater shoes, but pretty cool.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 08:02 PM   #4
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

I just walked past Herald Square and the ESPN studios....would have been funny to see Dirk.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 08:02 PM   #5
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

looks like he'll be around all night tonight..they have him wearing a fro right now and they're overdoing the ron artest album coming out

dirk seems like a funny guy though...i guess we don't hear much from him....he could be a german shaq with the quick wit and all
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 08:03 PM   #6
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure I caught all of it. Talked about playing Shaq and TD (was typically complementary of both), the focus on defense, Damp (mentioned they're still learning to play with a post player on offense), losing Steve (nothing new here), the athleticism of the team. Greg Anthony gave him props for playing D and they mentioned the Mavs' defensive numbers being down.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:07 PM   #7
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Dirk pretty much said the standard lines from earlier this season. They asked about Shaq and Duncan and Dirk said they were both good because they could (insert skills here). Then they asked Dirk about what he thought about Damp. Dirk said it was nice to have a good big man. He said Damp gets open and he forgets to look for him because he's not used to having a center that is good offensively. Then they asked about Nash. Dirk said that it was sad to see him go and at the time he was wondering what direction the team was heading, but then he saw the new guys and he is excited about them. Then they kind of teased Dirk and said that they saw him actually playing some D this season, and asked what caused the improvement. Dirk attributed it mainly to focusing on it in the preseason.

Then when they were coming back all of the studio guys had afros on. Dirk had a rainbow afro like a clown would wear. That was pretty funny.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 08:52 PM   #8
TheBenger

TheBenger is on a distinguished road

Someone tell me you Tivoed this.. we need to get it online.
TheBenger is offline   Reply With Quote