Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 02-15-2005, 10:53 AM   #1
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default It used to be my favorite search engine....

Why Google? WHY???????????????????????????????????????

Search engine is cash engine for Democrats

WASHINGTON, Feb. 14 (UPI) -- Employees of U.S.-based search engine Google gave $207,650 to federal candidates for the 2004 elections -- virtually all of it to Democrats.

A USA Today analysis published Monday indicated 98 percent of the money went to Democrats, the most-lopsided giving of any of the top tech company donors.

Microsoft was the biggest tech donor, with its political action committee contributing $3.1 million last year, 60 percent to Democrats.

Overall, 53 percent of high-tech industry contributions went to Democrats, said the liberal Center for Responsive Politics, a group that tracks campaign spending and contributions.

Republicans must work hard to win support from a company whose employees seem philosophically wed to Democrats, CRP's Larry Noble said.

Google declined to discuss employee campaign contributions but the among the company's top 2004 givers was Chief Executive Officer Eric Schmidt, whose biggest single donation was $25,000 to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

Copyright 2005 by United Press International.
All rights reserved.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:02 PM   #2
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of
Default RE:It used to be my favorite search engine....

Is there any way to determine which of their competitors contribute to the Republican party?

I thought Republicans were supposed to be the party of "big business"...
Old 02-15-2005, 12:26 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: It used to be my favorite search engine....

Oh....another one to put on my french list. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 04:14 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I use Yahoo exclusively now.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 04:39 PM   #5
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
I use Yahoo exclusively now.

That ain't gonna get you anywhere. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Notice who powers Yahoo.

I don't care.. Google employees can like whoever they wanna like.. you know that all these young, hip companies employ a bunch of young urban hippies anyway.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 04:45 PM   #6
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Hate to say it, but this doesn't bother me much. Google is the best search engine out there (though IceRocket is pretty cool). and I'd rather use it that Micromonopoly.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:48 PM   #7
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

Google is the best out there, hope the new MSN search can compete with google.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:18 PM   #8
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

Google rules- nothing even compares.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:47 AM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Yahoo is way better for pictures.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 06:11 PM   #10
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

I'm sorry, but isn't this bordering on silliness? Are you going to keep a checklist of the party affiliations of your favorite actors and musicians too? this is bordering on soft fascism. If employees of google donating their private earnings to a political party you don't vote for really has your panties in a bundle then the problem is you, not them. Get a life. Seriously.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote