Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 06-26-2005, 10:45 AM   #1
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future
Default DJ for Delfino

A small trade: DJ MBenga for Carlos Delfino. Delfino won't play for Detroit next year, so maybe they'd like to get something for him. Apparently the Mavericks like Pavel better than DJ, so they can spare one center prospect. Delfino is a relatively proven talent, while DJ may never be an NBA player.

I also believe that under the new trade rules Daniels/DJ for Delfino/Darko works. Now you've added a power forward prospect for the future.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2005, 11:36 AM   #2
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road
Default RE: DJ for Delfino

Delfino is too good to be traded for DJ. Also, he and Darko will get a lot more minutes next year with Flip Saunders coaching.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 12:07 PM   #3
riDIRKulous41

riDIRKulous41 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:DJ for Delfino

Where did you hear that the Mavs like Pavel more than Mbenga?
I think the Mavs really like Mbenga's potential becuase of his size and athleticism. He is very different from Pavel who is going to be a more traditional center if he makes it. Mbenga is more of a Ben Wallace type, but 7ft tall.
I don't think Detroit would do that deal because Mbenga's resume isn't nearly as complete as Delfino's at this point. I really want to give Mbenga a year or two and see how he develops.

riDIRKulous41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 07:09 PM   #4
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road
Default RE: DJ for Delfino

I wouldn't do it and I like Deflino. DJ just has too much raw talent, he would end up working out and training with the Wallaces and become a stud in the NBA. We would look silly in a few years.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote