Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 02-22-2007, 12:32 AM   #1
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trolls and Trolling

Although I think I have a pretty good idea on how to define a "troll" and "trolling" I would like to see if different people have slightly different definitions. It just seems sometimes that one member might state someone is a "troll" but others disagree. Sometimes, I see people saying "I can't tell if ____ is a troll or not". So give me your defintiions of a "troll" and maybe include tips on how to deal with them.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:34 AM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I think people on this board lately have been jumping on new members too quickly in labeling them as trolls. My definition though of a troll is someone who comes on the board just to make fun of the Mavs and their fans or just posts junk that adds nothing to the board.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:59 AM   #3
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
I think people on this board lately have been jumping on new members too quickly in labeling them as trolls. My definition though of a troll is someone who comes on the board just to make fun of the Mavs and their fans or just posts junk that adds nothing to the board.
As a junk-posting nothing adder, I'm a little offended.

[img]picture that has nothing to do with the thread topic[/img]
Old 02-22-2007, 12:03 PM   #4
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
As a junk-posting nothing adder, I'm a little offended.

[img]picture that has nothing to do with the thread topic[/img]
Haha, your junk is funny though and it certainly adds to the board's humor

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:45 PM   #5
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Fans of other teams checking out what other fans are up to. Spies. People who have no intention but to wreak nothingness in to peoples happy and contented life. Want example? Im sure posters from this board can name a few.

I dont have any problem with posters from other teams posting on this board, as long as they dont, in any way, disrespect members of this board. They can do that somewhere else, but not on my board! There are some sites where Trolls are welcome to do anything they wish, but here in Dm.com we have rules that need to be followed. Abide by it and you're ok in my book Mav fan or no Mav fan. Comprente?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:18 PM   #6
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

It would be easier to just list the trolls and act accordingly...

trolls come in all forms!
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:25 PM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

This Hollinger guy that keeps posting is a total troll. His posts are inane, stupid and are obviously biased. Suns and Spurs are better than the Mavs? Come on now.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:44 PM   #8
WurzburgBorn

WurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to all

I move that Stephen A. Smith be designated a troll, just in case he ever decides to post here.
WurzburgBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:17 PM   #9
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I like trollburgers.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:39 PM   #10
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

I'll clean em all up.

SC FOR MOD!!

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:46 PM   #11
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

for he is a jolly good fellow...
Old 02-22-2007, 09:53 PM   #12
chiliwili
Banned

chiliwili is on a distinguished road

People who lobby to be a moderator should never be a moderator. It is a sign of bad things to come.
chiliwili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:54 PM   #13
Nemesis
Diamond Member

people who are named chiliwili "might be a----" troll.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:56 PM   #14
chiliwili
Banned

you wish.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:56 PM   #15
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliwili
People who lobby to be a moderator should never be a moderator. It is a sign of bad things to come.
LETS LISTEN TO TEH GUY WITH 4 POSTS

Old 02-22-2007, 10:00 PM   #16
chiliwili
Banned

You place a lot of stock in posts? Moderator potential my behind.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:03 PM   #17
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

We should have a "SC for MOD" night.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:07 PM   #18
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
We should have a "SC for MOD" night.
Good Call, mary. You will have a place in my regime.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:22 PM   #19
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliwili
You place a lot of stock in posts? Moderator potential my behind.

keep racking up the troll points....
Old 02-22-2007, 10:25 PM   #20
chiliwili
Banned

I thought this might be a good Mavericks forum. I guess not.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:26 PM   #21
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Why are you posting in a troll thread if you are here to talk Mavs? Pretty simple concept.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:31 PM   #22
Nemesis
Diamond Member

I nominate

our newest member, SaltwaterChaffySucksCocks

for a Mod...sorry S.C but SCSC sounds better.

Last edited by Nemesis; 02-22-2007 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:40 PM   #23
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Wow, now there's a SaltwaterChaffyLuvsFags.

I've spawned gimmick accounts.

I'm awesome.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:45 PM   #24
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Don't forget about his second cousin:

SaltwatersChaffysMomWhore
Old 02-22-2007, 11:27 PM   #25
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

jesus guys
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:02 AM   #26
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Jesusguys is a stupid screenname.

MohammedGals72 is the bomb.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #27
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

BUMP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ao73
Mavs suck - Today, 10:55 AM
Mavs suck dick, i hope your ready for another loss tonight. Also, nice sig HOMO. "i wont sleep thinking about my missed free throws ugh im a f*****" go suck dirk.
Got PMed by this idiot. Don't even know the guy. Never talked to him, and he has 0 posts.

Is it just me or are Denver fans debatably the most annoying trolls around?

Mods wanna check his IP for double-up with other Nuggets trolls? ;]

...I think he might be Kenyon Martin...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 05-05-2009 at 12:29 PM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #28
Thnikkaman
Banned

Thnikkaman is infamous around these parts

My intent is not to troll your board, but to have some good conversation and some smack talk with Mavs fans during this series.

Smack talk is part of the fun of playoffs.
Thnikkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #29
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure the mods' intent won't be to ban the trolls, but to provide strong instruction on the importance of not being a douche on another team's forum.

Strong instruction is the fun part of being a mod.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:58 PM   #30
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Could somebody make me a mod for about 10 minutes?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #31
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Could somebody make me a mod for about 10 minutes?
I vote yes, as long as I am the first one you ban.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #32
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

You guys know how this works.

You need to work your hard snap counts and make it happen. And we'll be there when it does.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #33
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
I vote yes, as long as I am the first one you ban.
Who said I was going to ban anyone?

(I just wanted to change those Nugs trolls' posts to something EVERYONE can enjoy...)

Old 05-05-2009, 01:18 PM   #34
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Who said I was going to ban anyone?

(I just wanted to change those Nugs trolls' posts to something EVERYONE can enjoy...)

Whoa whoa whoa, I have to object. The last time you posted something for us to enjoy, we saw too much form-fitting male underwear. Your abs were very nice though.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #35
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Whoa whoa whoa, I have to object. The last time you posted something for us to enjoy, we saw too much form-fitting male underwear. Your abs were very nice though.
TMI -- Bad mental image now.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:17 PM   #36
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

This message is hidden because Underdog is on your ignore list.

Sometimes, life is good :-)
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:20 PM   #37
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
This message is hidden because Underdog is on your ignore list.

Sometimes, life is good :-)
"This message is hidden because the child could identify where on the doll 92bDad touched him."

Sometimes life is frightening...

War, Ignorance, Slavery!!!

Last edited by Underdog; 05-05-2009 at 02:26 PM. Reason: it could always be more clever-er
Old 05-05-2009, 02:48 PM   #38
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
BUMP!

Got PMed by this idiot. Don't even know the guy. Never talked to him, and he has 0 posts.

Is it just me or are Denver fans debatably the most annoying trolls around?

Mods wanna check his IP for double-up with other Nuggets trolls? ;]

...I think he might be Kenyon Martin...
ao73...

Old 05-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #39
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"This message is hidden because the child could identify where on the doll 92bDad touched him."

Sometimes life is frightening...

War, Ignorance, Slavery!!!
Quoted you to bypass 92bDad's ignore feature ;]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
ao73...

Hilarious.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #40
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, we should all get temporary ban powers during the playoffs.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluff <<<< albi, fluff the tragic dragon