Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-26-2007, 10:36 PM   #41
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
the violence was definitely Not R Rated! pg-13 tops. not once did I see blood splatter or someone scream in pain from a limb being cut off. sure there was stabbing but not once did I actually "feel" the person getting stabbed...then again maybe my idea of violence is skewed after seeing Grindhouse.

They showed images of multiple groups of people being hung, and show one person getting shot in the head. Didn't show too much blood, but those that i mention are sorta graphic.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2007, 06:16 PM   #42
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose
It only got a 50% on rottentomatoes, which means its a crappy movie.
rottentomatoes also lists Toy Story 2, Sense and Sensibility, The Crying Game, 8 1/2, and Before Sunrise as 100% great movies. Movies ranked 79% - 99% are also very suspect. Basically what I'm saying is I don't trust that site.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:36 PM   #43
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
rottentomatoes also lists Toy Story 2, Sense and Sensibility, The Crying Game, 8 1/2, and Before Sunrise as 100% great movies. Movies ranked 79% - 99% are also very suspect. Basically what I'm saying is I don't trust that site.

This doesn't mean that they are perfect movies. It just means that no one thinks they are bad. Looking at that list, I can't say I disagree. All of those are anywhere from good to great.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:38 PM   #44
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
This doesn't mean that they are perfect movies. It just means that no one thinks they are bad. Looking at that list, I can't say I disagree. All of those are anywhere from good to great.
I must hate every movie you like. Let's never go to the cinema together.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:39 PM   #45
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I saw it. I liked it.

I probably would've cut some things out, but I still thought it was good.

Interesting ending though. Anyone see the scene after the credits?
Old 05-27-2007, 09:11 PM   #46
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I like Sense and Sensibility and Toy Story 2. Sense and Sensibility probably didn't have alot of critics ranking it at Rottentomatoes.com... Just a hunch....
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:08 PM   #47
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

I enjoyed seeing Keith Richards... other than that, this movie was a little better than the second (which is like saying I won't ever reach the wall in a room if I travel half the distance everytime)
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:46 PM   #48
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Any interested in seeing real pictures of the Black Pearl and the Flying Dutchman, click here:
http://www.the-bahama-islands.com/pi...caribbean.html
Make sure you keep scrolling, there's a crap load of pictures on this page.

And also, some interesting production notes from the film:

http://numberonestars.com/pirates3/
Old 06-20-2007, 11:37 AM   #49
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

this flick is totally worth seeing...

the whole "godess" thing felt like a bail out though....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:54 PM   #50
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

i thought it was too long and it dragged during some parts.. am i the only one that didnt like it that much?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:45 PM   #51
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
i thought it was too long and it dragged during some parts.. am i the only one that didnt like it that much?
Yes. I liked it a lot.

I agree with sike though....the whole calypso thing was shaky. The rest of it was awesome.