Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-22-2007, 11:33 PM   #41
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

it's not like they were shooting bad from back there anyways. 40 percent from three at halftime

probably higher now

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2007, 11:34 PM   #42
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

i would love mike miller on the mavericks

Contact Me
Old 08-22-2007, 11:34 PM   #43
alby
Guru

92-51 end of 3rd quarter

Contact Me
Old 08-22-2007, 11:38 PM   #44
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

OWNAGE
Old 08-23-2007, 09:36 AM   #45
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Kobe's defense is STIFLING. As I was telling Alby last night..few players have that hunger to win. And that is what impresses me. Kobe defending the PG in the open quarter..disrupting their flow. Diving for loose balls. Playing tough.

I am glad that Team USA finally have some spot-up / catch and shooters in Mike Miller, Michael Redd and Chauncey Billups. That is what they needed last year!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:01 AM   #46
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...ck=1&cset=true

exerpt:

The tone was set from the opening tap by, who else, the Lakers' Kobe Bryant. Coach Mike Krzyzewski put him on the Venezuela point guard, Greivis Vasquez, a Maryland sophomore, who was challenged even in trying to complete an entry pass.

"I don't know how to explain it," said Vasquez after the game. "That was amazing."

"I grew up watching the NBA. I was in College Park, watching his highlights. All of a sudden, he was guarding me like it was the last game of his life. . . .

"I'm 20 years old. . . . It was tough. I'm not going to lie to you guys. I lost the ball on a couple of possessions. . . .
Old 08-23-2007, 05:46 PM   #47
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Good for Kobe.. I like to see that effort in a pretty meaningless game
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:22 PM   #48
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the Virgin Island team will put up more of a fight tonight?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:39 PM   #49
alby
Guru

kobe is definitely the best player in the world right now

haha nice banner flac =]

Contact Me
Old 08-23-2007, 10:05 PM   #50
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

Carl Krauser haha... he played in the german BBL... and he SUCKED!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:14 PM   #51
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

USVI seems to want to play physical....but they're just too damned small.

usa sure is fun to watch.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:16 PM   #52
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

it's like an all star game every night...
it's getting UGLY for ISV
Old 08-23-2007, 10:31 PM   #53
alby
Guru

its better an allstar team

kidd kobe melo lebron dwight

that would kill both the west or the east

jason kidd is so freaking good, i am amazed everytime

and once again, i wish the mavs had mike miller

Contact Me
Old 08-23-2007, 10:45 PM   #54
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I'm thinking about trying out for the USVI team. My parents have a condo in St. Thomas, so maybe I qualify
Old 08-23-2007, 10:51 PM   #55
alby
Guru

wow

the virgin islands have outscored the us team 21-20 in the 2nd quarter

krouser (sp?) is good, i watched him at pitt quite often

Contact Me
Old 08-23-2007, 11:23 PM   #56
alby
Guru

goodness gracious dwight howard, wow.

Contact Me
Old 08-24-2007, 03:28 AM   #57
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

U-S-A! U-S-A!

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:42 AM   #58
nikeball
Platinum Member

jason kidd has eyes on the back of his head.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:52 AM   #59
alby
Guru

true pgs...sigh

Contact Me
Old 08-24-2007, 06:29 PM   #60
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Sigh, I want Kidd.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 08-24-2007, 07:57 PM   #61
alby
Guru

tell me about it ty... tell me about it

Contact Me
Old 08-24-2007, 10:01 PM   #62
xenonvisions

xenonvisions is on a distinguished road

kobe will be the difference this year..kidd and billups will help..but the ultra competitve spirit in kobe cannot be found any where else on the US team..

it is this drive that will take US to the championship..mark my words!
Old 08-24-2007, 10:59 PM   #63
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenonvisions
kobe will be the difference this year..kidd and billups will help..but the ultra competitve spirit in kobe cannot be found any where else on the US team..

it is this drive that will take US to the championship..mark my words!
Of course.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:31 AM   #64
alby
Guru

when i first read that, i thought you meant us.. as in the Mavericks.. lol sigh

Contact Me
Old 08-25-2007, 02:21 AM   #65
ty
Diamond Member

Mavericks don't have that drive. Atleast, it didn't seem that way last season.

Old 08-25-2007, 03:45 PM   #66
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I hoped Canada would put up a little better fight today. Oh well
Old 08-26-2007, 04:22 AM   #67
Pongo
Golden Member

hohum, brazil won a close one against the virgin islands....

Old 08-26-2007, 05:03 PM   #68
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Wow I feel bad for Canada lol
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:47 PM   #69
Pongo
Golden Member

at least brazil puts up a fight
Old 08-26-2007, 08:56 PM   #70
Pongo
Golden Member

NICE shot there, bronbron
Old 08-26-2007, 09:17 PM   #71
Pongo
Golden Member

wtf... melo viciously throws down an alley oop, lebron steals the inbound pass, gets the layup to fall PLUS the foul and bill walton &co won't even MENTION it?!!! They just kept talking about barbosas first days in PHX...
basketball without borders?!!! stfu

Last edited by Pongo; 08-26-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Pongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:20 PM   #72
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Bill Walton sucks.

This game was pretty entertaining in the first and 2nd quarters, but as usual, if you have Barbosa on your team, you are bound to fail.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:29 PM   #73
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Splitter looks good out there. SA did good with that pick.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:45 PM   #74
Pongo
Golden Member

bill walton has lost it. officially.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:05 PM   #75
alby
Guru

Just got back from Vegas!

the game was awesome

SPLITTER IS A STEAL FOR THE SPURS

any team but San Antonio... what a find by the best front office in the NBA (again)

Contact Me
Old 08-27-2007, 08:05 PM   #76
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

team usa needs antoine walker!
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:25 PM   #77
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
any team but San Antonio... what a find by the best front office in the NBA (again)
I call it luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker
team usa needs antoine walker!
You're even trolling in the team USA thread....wow
Old 08-27-2007, 10:53 PM   #78
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I don't know why a 14 point lead at half time is embarassing....but this one is.

The Mexicans are playing well.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:02 AM   #79
ty
Diamond Member

Why did we let Mexico score 100 points?

Old 08-28-2007, 12:03 AM   #80
alby
Guru

because Kobe didn't try as hard on D. everyone was so geared up to play Barbosa

Mexico, schmexico

Contact Me