Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-30-2007, 04:36 AM   #1
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future
Default Clippers Sign Patterson

Clippers sign new pact with forward Ruben Patterson
Associated Press
Updated: August 29, 2007, 8:45 PM ET

LOS ANGELES -- Ruben Patterson, the free-agent forward who averaged a career-high 14.7 points with the Milwaukee Bucks last season, has signed a contract with the Los Angeles Clippers. No terms were announced.

"We are thrilled to add Ruben to our team," Clippers vice president of basketball operations Elgin Baylor said in a statement issued Wednesday. "Ruben plays hard every single night. He is an aggressive defensive player and has a real enthusiasm for the game. He gives 100 percent every game."

Elton Brand, the Clippers' starting power forward, ruptured his left Achilles tendon Aug. 3 and is expected to be sidelined for the first several months of the season.

The 32-year-old Patterson, appeared in 81 games in his only season with Milwaukee and averaged 5.4 rebounds to match his career high. He made 55 percent of his field goal attempts -- his highest percentage as a professional.

The Los Angeles Lakers made Patterson the 31st overall selection in the 1998 NBA draft. He has averaged 10.9 points, 4.2 rebounds. 1.8 assists and 1.2 steals with the Lakers, Seattle, Portland, Denver and Milwaukee in a nine-year career. He played 10 games for AEK Athens in Greece during the 1998-99 season as well.

Patterson split time with the Trail Blazers and Nuggets during the 2005-06 season.

Patterson, a 6-foot-5, 223-pounder, averaged 16.5 points and 6.3 rebounds as a senior at Cincinnati before being drafted by the Lakers.

"I am really excited by our signing of Ruben Patterson," Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said. "He is a great competitor. I have always admired the intensity he brings from game to game. His versatility will help improve our team."

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Link

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2007, 03:45 PM   #2
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

They need all the help they can get with Brand out.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:08 PM   #3
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

just as long as he doesnt take time away from thornton
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:17 PM   #4
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I agree they need all the help they can get. Brand's injury, really hurts them.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:26 PM   #5
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Good player...bad attitude...if they can keep him under control...it will be good

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:32 PM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta hand it to the Clippers for trying but not sure how he fits there. Why didn't he go to a contender?
Old 09-01-2007, 01:48 PM   #7
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Patterson is a worthless thug
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:09 PM   #8
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

they could have gotten a really good player for maggette last year.. now they can't afford to lose em with brand/levingston's injury

wonder if kaman will be a bust again this year after signing that long-term deal last summer

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:36 PM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

One year deals make sense, other than that tank brotha'!!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:17 AM   #10
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

and there went their team free throw percentage.

but it might be good for the cross-town rivalry?
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:37 PM   #11
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Didn't know he was drafted by the Lakers. Maybe that's why he has sort of a personal vendetta against them.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:34 PM   #12
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

I think Patterson's a fine player, character issues aside. Good pickup.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:16 AM   #13
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Didn't know he was drafted by the Lakers. Maybe that's why he has sort of a personal vendetta against them.
that's the reason why he called himself the kobestopper
he practiced against the 17 year old everyday and shut him out which led to the infamous self given title
pretty sad...

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote