Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-14-2008, 06:43 PM   #41
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't read Suttree yet, but intend to soon.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:58 PM   #42
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

just bought the stephanie meyer book "The Host" - about alien invaders living inside someone's body fighting about one thing or another.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:26 PM   #43
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
just bought the stephanie meyer book "The Host" - about alien invaders living inside someone's body fighting about one thing or another.
Let me know what you think when you are done. I wouldn't mind reading a book of hers not intended for teenagers.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:41 PM   #44
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I just finished Dan Simmons The Terror, and I don't want to give anything away about the plot of the fella, but I will say that whether or not you are a sci-fi or horror fan, I would highly, highly recommend this book... Simmons is on one heck of a roll with his Ilium/Olympos pair and now this...
Old 05-16-2008, 08:50 AM   #45
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

I just finished The Fountainhead. I thought the characters were great and the story was excellent. Just at times Rand got really preachy with her ideals but nonetheless I recommend it. I will probably read Atlas Shrugged in a couple of months but that is a thickkkkk book.

I plan to read some smaller sci-fi books next..probably Brave New World, Time Machine, and War of the Worlds.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:43 AM   #46
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I just finished an 11 book series by Terry Goodkind. It was alot of reading with the average book around 650-700 pages or so. I must say, the series started out tremendous. The first 4-5 books were as good as anything I've ever read. But, it went downhill from there..and fast.

It was a pretty good series overall, but there was probably 2000-3000 pages that could have been cut out of the series rather easily. Plus, he beat his ideals home so much that it took alot of the enjoyment out of it towards the end.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:00 AM   #47
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

so I was just told by about everyone that I'm missing out by not reading Twilight. If it's anything like HP I definitely want to read them before I see the movies.. anyone read or seen it yet?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:02 AM   #48
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

I heard twilight is more for girls..because it is mainly a love story.

And the lead vampire abstains from sex.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:05 AM   #49
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

nike -- I totally forgot to start Roger Mason against you and he had as solid of a game as I could ever hope for
Old 11-25-2008, 07:47 AM   #50
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

"The Undercover Economist" by Tim Harford. Basically, it's walking around seeing and understanding the world through the eyes of an econmist. Great read.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:12 AM   #51
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
so I was just told by about everyone that I'm missing out by not reading Twilight. If it's anything like HP I definitely want to read them before I see the movies.. anyone read or seen it yet?
It's nowhere near the depth of story that HP is. On the whole, the first three books can be enjoyed, but you will roll your eyes at the romance part. The vampire/werewolf stories are enough to keep you interested.

But if you do decide to read them, stay away (far, far away) from the final installment. That is one thick piece of garbage.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:31 PM   #52
fluid.forty.one

I'll have to pick it up after I finish the book I'm reading right now. It's a collection of (obviously very, very smug) Chuck Klosterman interviews that have been pretty entertaining. Mostly rock artists but he also likes sports so there were Nash and Arenas interviews as well.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:19 PM   #53
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
It's nowhere near the depth of story that HP is. On the whole, the first three books can be enjoyed, but you will roll your eyes at the romance part. The vampire/werewolf stories are enough to keep you interested.

But if you do decide to read them, stay away (far, far away) from the final installment. That is one thick piece of garbage.
im reading the first one at the moment. So far its good but a bit sappy
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:55 AM   #54
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

I just ordered the newest part of the "Malazan: Book of the Fallen" series called "Toll the hounds".

Btw, how anybody can read Goodkinds "Sword of truth" before havin read "A Song of Ice and Fire" four times at least, is completely beyond me.

If someone is interested in an pdf to tease him into the series - pm me.

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany

Last edited by Zaknaf3in; 11-26-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:44 PM   #55
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post

readings for March/April..

Finishing up Paladin of Souls (Hugo/Nebula winner for 2004)
Hope to start on The Fountainhead soon and then probably will read Atlas Shrugged.

Every two months I try to read
one fantasy/scifi book
one classic
one contemporary
sometimes i will throw in a non-fiction book.

Where do yall purchase your books? I love Half-price books..can get great deals for like-new books sometimes..and Borders (they always have 20-40% coupons).

I used to purchase books online but I hate paying for shipping...and libraries usually never have what I want to read.

So, how's the Robert Jordan? He's my next author to tackle. Right now, I'm reading Lord of the Isles by David Drake... It started out terribly slow. It took me probably 4 months to make it through the first 170 pages or so.. I'd pick it up once a week and knock off a few pages just so that I could remember what was going on. It finally took off and I'm reading the hell out of it....
Old 11-26-2008, 03:50 PM   #56
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

"The Cost of Discipleship" by Dietrich Bonhoeffer

edit to say: How cool is a German pastor who participated in a plot to assassinate Hitler? (it ended up costing him his life)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 11-26-2008 at 03:51 PM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:10 PM   #57
fluid.forty.one

Picked up a few books yesterday.. Two of which were sports related. Got Joe Torre's book and "Pistol" The Life of Pete Maravich. Pistol was on sale for 6 bucks, hardcover, so I couldn't pass it up.

Really looking forward to reading those.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 03-24-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #58
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I'm re-reading this awesome book as a refresher.

It's required reading for any Network junkie. Especially if you are about to start migrating your MPLS network beyond the data centers.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:44 PM   #59
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

"Train Your Mind, Change Your Brain" by Sharon Begley

Just started another book on vaccines - can't remember the title/author at the moment.

Also just bought a Physicians Desk Reference. Not planning to read the whole thing, but it's cool to read about drugs I’ve been curious about.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:21 PM   #60
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

About to crack open...

"the god delusion" by Richard Dawkins

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:53 PM   #61
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
So, how's the Robert Jordan? He's my next author to tackle. Right now, I'm reading Lord of the Isles by David Drake... It started out terribly slow. It took me probably 4 months to make it through the first 170 pages or so.. I'd pick it up once a week and knock off a few pages just so that I could remember what was going on. It finally took off and I'm reading the hell out of it....
im reading the wheel of time series. i just got done with the 6th book. They are very good but all of them start insanely slow.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #62
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

For the sake of keeping up with pop culture, I read Twilight last week.

As expected, it was crap.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:34 PM   #63
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, Mary!

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:06 PM   #64
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

that is all I needed to know, Mary. if I see one more teenage BOY carrying that book around like it is the bible....
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:06 PM   #65
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

the bright side is at least they are reading... I guess.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:38 PM   #66
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

If you thought Twilight was crap, you should read Breaking Dawn. You will burn the thing in effigy. I use mine for target practice on my dart board. I was going to make confetti out of the pages for New Years Eve, but didn't want to ruin New Years Eve.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:49 PM   #67
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default last 4 reads (all excellent in vastly different ways)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-31-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:29 PM   #68
Murphy3
Guru

I'm on book 5 of 11... can't remember the name of the author.. Wheel of Time series. It's pretty damn good so far.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:25 PM   #69
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

I ought to look at some of the books mentioned in this thread.

When it comes to reading and writing, I'm probably best in my private school, at my grade level. I've been reading since I was, oh...5. Would read everything. I remember several books that were probably way above the level I should have been reading, but I'd plow through them anyway.

However, my choices as of late have been well below what I'm capable of reading. Mostly a bunch of teenager fiction crap. I mean, I like it, but at the same time, I know this was probably written for people my age and even a little younger.

Thanks guys, I may check out (figuratively and literally; libraries ftw ) several of those titles.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:28 PM   #70
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Who Were the Early Israelites, and Where Did They Come From? by William G. Dever

The Tribes of Yahweh: The Sociology of Liberated Israel by Norman Gottwald

Ancient Israel: A Short History from Abraham to the Roman Destruction of the Temple by Hershel Shanks

The Bible Unearthed: Archaeology's New Vision of Ancient Israel and the Origin of Its Sacred Texts by Israel Finkelstein

... I read weird books. And plus, ya know, research papers.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:43 PM   #71
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

wtf? but I love you anyway.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:22 AM   #72
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Ever read any Ishiguro?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:27 AM   #73
nikeball
Platinum Member

Hard Boiled Wonderland...is one of the weirdest books I have ever read.

Rama was great.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:28 AM   #74
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Currently on my second time through this one.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:59 AM   #75
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Cloud Atlas (Fiction)
Physics of the Impossible (Non-fiction...mostly)

Both very good.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:01 AM   #76
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and Twilight is for Tweenage girls. ;]

Last edited by CadBane; 04-01-2009 at 01:02 AM.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:19 AM   #77
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Ever read any Ishiguro?
I wonder how Never Let Me Go would fly with the anti-cloning crowd...

Last edited by Underdog; 04-01-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:26 AM   #78
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
Hard Boiled Wonderland...is one of the weirdest books I have ever read.

Rama was great.
At least Hard-Boiled Wonderland was linear... But, yeah - 80s cyberpunk can get out there (especially when you throw some strange land of unicorns into the mix - seriously, wtf???)

I liked Rama a lot too (Morgan Freeman is currently developing a screenplay for it...)

Old 04-01-2009, 01:51 AM   #79
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wonder how Never Let Me Go would fly with the anti-cloning crowd...

Swimmingly, I'm sure. About like the Unconsoled with the stoner crowd.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:47 AM   #80
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Swimmingly, I'm sure. About like the Unconsoled with the stoner crowd.
I still need to read that one and Remains of the Day (I love literature that deals with the subconscious...)

Last edited by Underdog; 04-01-2009 at 08:48 AM.

Tags
harry pottheads