Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-16-2008, 12:24 AM   #81
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

If the doctors clear him and he's willing to deal with the pain then by all means throw him out there. The team will respect him for it and they'll rally around him.

As I see it his fumbling problems have more to do with ball security than an inability to grip the ball.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:06 AM   #82
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Romo Not Giving Up On Playing
Mickey Spagnola

Brett Favre’s call to Tony Romo, saying he actually played through a broken thumb during his career with the Green Bay Packers, put a bug in the Cowboys quarterback’s ear, and on Wednesday he evidently decided to scratch the itch.

That’s right, with the help of specially made splints and wraps courtesy of the Cowboys trainers, Romo threw before the team began practicing and I’m told he actually threw pretty well. But that does not mean the Cowboys might chance playing their Pro Bowl quarterback with the fractured right fifth metacarpal he suffered in Sunday’s game.

Initial projections have Romo missing four weeks, but evidently Romo wants to experiment with ways he might be able to still play. But there are a couple of factors to consider. First, taking the snap under center would be difficult since the ball impacts the outside of the quarterback’s hand the hardest – although I guess a QB could go shotgun the entire game to solve that.

Secondly, Romo is a wrist thrower, meaning he puts pressure on the ball with all his fingers, including the pinkie, to delivers passes. That might be painful no matter how well the finger is braced.

Thirdly, and this is what the trainers worry most about: What happens if he hits his hand on a helmet or he gets hit by a defender right on the supported finger? Or what if he falls on it again?

The fracture he sustained is a non-displaced one, meaning the spiral break already is set in place. But should he damage the finger again, he risks suffering a displaced fracture, meaning he likely would need surgery to implant a plate to support the splintered bone’s re-growth.

Maybe what happens is Romo misses one game and then seriously tries to prepare for Tampa Bay after giving the bone at least two weeks to heal. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:13 AM   #83
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thirdly, and this is what the trainers worry most about: What happens if he hits his hand on a helmet or he gets hit by a defender right on the supported finger? Or what if he falls on it again?
I don't like this line at all. He needs to heal to the point where the risk of this goes dramatically down. We've got too much riding on this season to throw it all away against the Rams because Romo wants to tough it out.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:37 PM   #84
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like Romo is starting to me from Jerrys interview with Norm. That's pretty incredible if he does.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:41 PM   #85
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah even though I already said it two posts earlier, I'm going to say it again: I don't like this at all.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 10-17-2008, 12:50 PM   #86
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

perhaps people should have listened to me earlier in this thread instead of freaking out about him missing a month...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:05 PM   #87
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I feel sorry for fantasy football Tony Romo owners - it looks like the Cowboys are keeping his condition a secret until kickoff...

Last edited by Underdog; 10-17-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:31 PM   #88
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I feel sorry for fantasy football Tony Romo owners - it looks like the Cowboys are keeping his condition a secret until kickoff...
I'd sit him. I don't think he's playing. Rams right now are probably preparing for Romo to be there. Probably a pretty good time to get Brad in there and let Romo sit for a week atleast.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:27 PM   #89
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think he's playing either.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:41 PM   #90
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're trying to one-up THE RAMS...sheesh. I don't think he should play.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:57 PM   #91
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
If you're trying to one-up THE RAMS...sheesh. I don't think he should play.
I know this has been said but they did beat the Deadskins. Haslett is 1-0. Until proven otherwise I think you have consider them better than their record indicates. I hate having to play them after beating the Deadskins but it could mean one of two things. It was a fluke win or we caught them at the wrong time. Hopefully it was a fluke win. By no means do I consider this a gimme game though. I don't trust the Cowboys at all. Especially with our injured secondary.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:59 PM   #92
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LINK

Tony Womo Out Three To Four Weeks With Bwoken Widdle Fingey

DAWWAS—Cowboys medical personnel confirm that quawterback Tony Womo injured his thwowing hand in last week's 30-24 loss to the Arizona Cardinals and is expected to miss the next month after suffewing a sevewy bwoken wight pinkie-winkie.

Team doctors originally believed Womo's poor, poor bwoken fingey was merewy spwained, despite the quarterback insisting that his pinkie felt really, really, really ouchie after being hit by wots and wots of big mean mans during the first play of overtime.

The Cowboys are denying rumors that Womo will require weconstwuctive pinkie surgewy, insisting that it is only a bad owie and that Womo will not be placed on injuwed weserve.

"Tony has been very, very bwave through all this and barely cried at all when he heard his widdle fingey was in fact bwoken," coach Wade Phillips said Monday, explaining that Womowas "westing comfiwy" and watching cartoons at home and had thus far managed to keep his pinkie out of his mouth. "I'd say he's week to week, but it's up to the team medics to say when he's completely all-better-now."

The Cowboys originally sensed something was wrong when Womo threw three straight incomplete passes to begin the overtime after being sacked three times and knocked down 19 times during regulation by meanie-bullies who hate him. Their suspicions were confirmed when Womo blubbered to them on the sidelines while holding up his hurted fingey.

Womo was immediately given an orange-flavored St. Joseph aspirin and a wowwypop while a SpongeBob SquarePants Band-Aid was applied to the pinkie. When this proved inadequate, Cowboys head pediatrician Daniel "Doctor Danny" Cooper inspected Womo's pinkie while trainers distracted Womo by making a spoon into an airplane and "flying" chocolate ice cream into the quarterback's mouth.

"This was more than just the normal boo-boo," Cooper told reporters. "Tony has played through boo-boos before, like any team weader and big gwown-up boy has to. But when I saw the quivering chin, the big wet eyes, and the way he was hopping from foot to foot while holding up his widdle bitty widdy fingey, I knew this one was bad."

The NFL said no fine would be given on the hit, as it seemed to be an honest accident and no flag for roughhousing the passer was thrown on the play. It is not known whether Womo will stomp his widdle foot and complain louder to the NFL regarding the decision.

Phillips confirmed that 40-year-old backup quarterback Brad Johnson will start as long as Womo's pinkie is still an ouchie pinkie.

"It's unfortunate for the poor tyke to have to go through something like this," said Johnson, who hasn't started an NFL game since 2006. "But you know, when they're little quarterbacks they sometimes take big spills. This will just make Tony-wony tougher when he grows up. I hope."

In other Cowboys news, Adam "Pacman" Jones is still grounded for the rest of his life, or at least until he learns to stop back-sassing, and receiver Terrell Owens is listed as "probable" for Sunday's game despite suffering a chronic case of turf piggy.
Hopefuwwy Womo will get to pway on Sunday if his widdle fingey gets better.

Sowwy if dis was awweady posted.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 10-17-2008 at 03:00 PM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:16 PM   #93
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

anyone else read the title of this thread and assume this was another Jessica Simpson related downfall for the Boys?

... or is that inappropriate?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:35 PM   #94
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
anyone else read the title of this thread and assume this was another Jessica Simpson related downfall for the Boys?

I did not.

But, 'finger' may be a euphemism nowadays...

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:29 PM   #95
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post

Nice.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:56 PM   #96
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

ty, who wrote that article?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:31 PM   #97
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
This would matter if football were a real sort.
sort?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:40 AM   #98
Underdog

Watch Brad Johnson start the game and keep it close, only for Tony Romo to jump in at the two-minute warning to lead the game-winning drive...

Last edited by Underdog; 10-18-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:18 PM   #99
FINtastic
Diamond Member

I miss you Tony.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 10-19-2008, 03:01 PM   #100
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Brad Johnson is absolutely terrible. He should be cut immediately.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:18 PM   #101
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

ESPN just had on their scrolling ticker on the bottom Breaking News with Romo:

He's ruled himself out for this weekend, and next week vs the Giants is very much in doubt as well.,

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 10-21-2008 at 09:19 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:31 PM   #102
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Then why the HELL was he active last week?

What kind of Mickey Mouse operation are we running out there????

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-21-2008, 09:37 PM   #103
BGMaverick9
Guru

That's a pretty good question, things just keep looking silly.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:47 PM   #104
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Then why the HELL was he active last week?

What kind of Mickey Mouse operation are we running out there????
Team morale, maybe. His being active didn't change things a whole lot, if any. I'm sure he could have run out there in an emergency, just as I'm sure he could this week and the next, too. If Johnson were clearly out of the game last week, we did have another QB who could have gone.

And maybe Bollinger does go some next week, if it comes to it. I think last week was just Romo being gutty, and now then everyone has calmed down to reality.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:55 PM   #105
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

The story on ESPN.com says Romo told the training staff before the game that he wasn't ready to go. At that point you have to deactivate him. If he's in uniform, when things go badly, the team is going to be looking at the sideline hoping that Romo is heading in. It's only natural to react that way.

Plus, maybe it's unlikely, but what if Johnson get hurt temporarily and Bollinger has to come in? At that point Johnson is done for the game.

Just doesn't make any sense.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-21-2008, 09:58 PM   #106
Murphy3
Guru

The organization continues to look absolutely stupid... It's embarrassing how poorly run this organization is...
Old 10-21-2008, 10:08 PM   #107
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Romo announced this tonight on Inside The Huddle. ESPN is terrible.
Go Cowboys
10-6 baby, 10-6.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:13 PM   #108
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Plus, maybe it's unlikely, but what if Johnson get hurt temporarily and Bollinger has to come in? At that point Johnson is done for the game.

Just doesn't make any sense.
As I said, if that happens then Romo goes in.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #109
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Um..no he doesn't. He told the training staff he wasn't ready to play, and he's not playing this week and probably not next week either. Given those facts, there is absolutely no way he sees time on the field last Sunday. That doesn't make any sense.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-21-2008, 10:20 PM   #110
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
that would've led to a major cluster...moment. The way things have rolled the past few weeks, he'd go in b/c of a bind and mess up the finger more or worse.

Like jthig said, if this was like 2 second before kickoff ok...if it somewhat before that, why not just deactivate him? It just makes things look a little sloppy.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:26 PM   #111
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Romo announced this tonight on Inside The Huddle. ESPN is terrible.
Go Cowboys
10-6 baby, 10-6.
I wish I could be as optimistic.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:31 PM   #112
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Two words:

Vinny Testaverde
Old 10-21-2008, 10:33 PM   #113
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Two words:

Vinny Testaverde
Considering how old he was during his last stint here, he's gotta be dead by now.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 10-21-2008, 10:33 PM   #114
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Um..no he doesn't. He told the training staff he wasn't ready to play, and he's not playing this week and probably not next week either. Given those facts, there is absolutely no way he sees time on the field last Sunday. That doesn't make any sense.
Think about what you are saying. Johnson goes out with a temporary thing...Romo is the only reserve QB besides the emergency guy...and Romo doesn't go out there? That's crazy talk.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:37 PM   #115
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

My vote is for Testabledsoe.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:40 PM   #116
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Think about what you are saying. Johnson goes out with a temporary thing...Romo is the only reserve QB besides the emergency guy...and Romo doesn't go out there? That's crazy talk.
I agree it's crazy talk, but sending otu a QB who's not in a condition to play football for the next three weeks is even crazier.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-21-2008, 10:40 PM   #117
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I'm asking seriously, was Bollinger suited up for the game? If he was, and Johnson hypothetically got hurt...and Romo is suited up but not playing b/c he is hurt...why would you not put Bollinger in? That's the point of the emergency QB, it's an emergency. It's a major bind and you can't afford to cause serious damage to your already injured franchise QB.

You're taking a major risk by putting Romo in. You're chances are dwindling each quarter without Romo, you're probably DOA if he's out for the year.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:47 PM   #118
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
I'm asking seriously, was Bollinger suited up for the game? If he was, and Johnson hypothetically got hurt...and Romo is suited up but not playing b/c he is hurt...why would you not put Bollinger in? That's the point of the emergency QB, it's an emergency. It's a major bind and you can't afford to cause serious damage to your already injured franchise QB.

You're taking a major risk by putting Romo in. You're chances are dwindling each quarter without Romo, you're probably DOA if he's out for the year.
If your third QB is not on the active 45 but is rather an "emergency QB," then if he goes in your first two QB's cannot play in the game. It's a pretty big deal.

So, yes, Bollinger was suited up and ready to play. It was assumed that he would not be needed except in the case of Johnson being out for the game. For temporary problems with Johnson, Romo was ready to fill in.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:50 PM   #119
BGMaverick9
Guru

I'd still rather take my chances and put Bollinger out there vs rolling the dice with Romo. It's just opening a bigger can of worms if he came in.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:55 PM   #120
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
I'd still rather take my chances and put Bollinger out there vs rolling the dice with Romo. It's just opening a bigger can of worms if he came in.
If it was a playoff game, Romo would have played. Same as this week, and same as next week.

Cut the guy, and the organization, some slack.

Tags
broken dreams, cowboys, kill me now, no funeral, oh my pinkie hurt, sky falling