Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 06-24-2009, 10:42 PM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default SC governor admits affair, secret Argentina trip

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090625/...or_where/print

----------------------------------------------------

Well gop fans, looks like another gop presidential hopeful just bit the dust. Two heavy, heavy hitters within the gop went down. I have already explained who John Ensign is. A very well liked republican and one to challenge Harry Reid, one to tell Larry Craig to step down. Now he was caught with his pants down.

Now today we have another heavy hitter within the gop. His name is Mark Sanford. I won't go into who he is but he was a sc gov.

When the gop party thought things could not get any worse, they do. Remember Allen from VA? He was going to be running against Obama instead of McCain and Webb had no chance untill he used a racial word. He was very high up in the gop and was expected pres. Well Va kicked him to the curb and elected Webb after that. Now it Is Ensign and Sanford.

I guess McCain, Rudy, Limp, Cheney, Liberman, Sarah Baracuda are all back in the mix and who knows, let's throw Jeb Bush in there also. Just remember this, you heard it here, even when you are picked to be the next pres and you mess up and then say well i am not leaving my sen seat, Vitter, Ensign or Gov, Sanford and even Allen sen, and even if you are living in a gop district or gop state, it isn't safe. Ask Allen.

I won't leave out the dem ny gov also, as he got caught with his britches down also but left and needed to. It's to much media people and if those britches are slipping off a lil to much, it's risky as media catches wind and they sniff it out. All of them, gop, dem, and whomever else need to keep them britches pulled up as the media loves these storiees and will sniff around finding more.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for Obama, and I'd commit a vote to Jeb Bush right now.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:19 PM   #3
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Hm, seems sexual contacts play a major role in politicians lifes. ArenĀ“t there some good sports clubs in south carolina ?

Left ?
Old 06-25-2009, 12:23 AM   #4
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I'm not sure why so many are playing around now when the media loves these things and looks for them. It happens on both sides, dems and reps. W is doing the right thing, laying low and as Ensign, Sanford have fell off the wagon and Allen fell off, Jeb is looking better. Now will the public forget about the Bush/Clinton name and give them a chance? Not sure or they can say oh no another Bush and Clinton and say no way. It is hard to tell. W made it very hard on Jeb but we will have to see how things play out. It is along ways from the pres election and anything can happen but i predict Obama will beat any rep against him and beat him or her fairly easy. It is not so much one on one or rep against dem right now but the gop is losing their base daily. If the dem party keeps sweeping down from the northeast and starts to get more foot holds in states like nc, sc, ky, va, wv, and who knows about al, ms, tnand ga. Those states will be very hard for the dems to get a leg up.

The big news is NV, CO, IA and even McCains state of AZ is slipping and yes it is still gop but not as much as you think. Even places like nd and sd slipped alot and no they are not many electorial votes (sd and nd) but it makes the gop party have to work in places they never have had to before. Some of those were always automatic red states. NV, CO are huge and the dems are widening things in those red states and Ensign hurt bad. SC and NC along with VA will hurt bad also. SC has been red and was red last election but things like this makes it slip bluer.

The bigger picture as one party makes blunders of this nature, it gives the other party more clout in the places where the blunder happened. Most of the time and can filter into near by states of where the blunder occured. If i was a politician on either side, i would sure try to keep my britches up while i am in office.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:31 AM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

You are crazy if you think that things like this play into any electoral shift.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:00 AM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Why is the rate of cheating so high amongst elected officials? What is it about public office that makes people go nuts with their privates?
Old 06-25-2009, 09:12 AM   #7
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Why is the rate of cheating so high amongst elected officials? What is it about public office that makes people go nuts with their privates?
I wonder if it is higher than it is among other people.
But if it is, it might be:
1) ego. people in elected office love themselves. There might be a level of insecurity/need for approval that is related.
2) power and invincibility. They think that at the top of the rule-making heap, they can make the rules.
3) fame and power. may provide more opportunity than would otherwise exist
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:27 AM   #8
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Why do we have two threads on the same topic...can the moderators move this into the original thread?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:22 PM   #9
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Why do we have two threads on the same topic...can the moderators move this into the original thread?
They are different events. Why not move everything into one thread "basketball"? It's the same topic.

I'd say a guy who slept with with a married campaign worker while separated from his wife and this bizarre gone hiking and unable to be reached, Argentina email chippie story has enough angles to deserve a separate tread.

As far as this being a GOP issue, he'll get voted out. If he was a Dem he'd get reelected.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:28 PM   #10
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

As far as this being a GOP issue, he'll get voted out. If he was a Dem he'd get reelected.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #11
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaadverse View Post
They are different events. Why not move everything into one thread "basketball"? It's the same topic.

I'd say a guy who slept with with a married campaign worker while separated from his wife and this bizarre gone hiking and unable to be reached, Argentina email chippie story has enough angles to deserve a separate tread.

Look, I'm all for a multitude of threads, it helps to keep everything easy to find...but it appears that some moderators around like to combine threads for some reason.

Being as a thread has been started about the "Missing Govenor", the fact that he has been found and with some extra-marital activity is basically the same topic.

Much more the same topic than the recent activity by the mods to move a thread talking about USA victory over Spain into a random who's your futbal team thread.

But hey, I'm not a mod...if I were, I would allow many threads...seems to me that the mods are selective as to what is and isn't a double thread, but this is clearly as obvious of a double thread as I've seen on this board.

But hey, that's from the department of the obvious, unless of course your one of those moderators...as a disclaimer this doesn't reflect on ALL moderators, but as we don't know which moderators are making the random decisions, then you get lumped into one group. No doubt there are some high quality moderators who don't stoop to the low-class levels of other moderators, for you, I salute you!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:49 PM   #12
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Look, I'm all for a multitude of threads, it helps to keep everything easy to find...but it appears that some moderators around like to combine threads for some reason.

Being as a thread has been started about the "Missing Govenor", the fact that he has been found and with some extra-marital activity is basically the same topic.

Much more the same topic than the recent activity by the mods to move a thread talking about USA victory over Spain into a random who's your futbal team thread.

But hey, I'm not a mod...if I were, I would allow many threads...seems to me that the mods are selective as to what is and isn't a double thread, but this is clearly as obvious of a double thread as I've seen on this board.

But hey, that's from the department of the obvious, unless of course your one of those moderators...as a disclaimer this doesn't reflect on ALL moderators, but as we don't know which moderators are making the random decisions, then you get lumped into one group. No doubt there are some high quality moderators who don't stoop to the low-class levels of other moderators, for you, I salute you!!!
Off-topic, some?

You really should have created a new thread for this rant!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-25-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #13
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I am so impressed that J_R didn't name the thread GOP/REPUBLICAN/NEOCON GOVERNOR ADMITS AFFAIR that I'm leaving it as is.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:48 PM   #14
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

I think Usually Lurkin hit the nail on the head with maybe why it seems more with elected officials. It has been reported and said it has always been very high thorugh out the years and not always reported untill later in life but remember the tabloids and media know the people and audience get off on this, so they are looking hard for the next official with his britches off. It sells, it brings an audience to them.

The dem gov from ny seemed to have gotten comphy with his prostitute and probably thought he was sneaking good. The same with John Edwards feeling he was probably hiding it. Ensign alot like Edwards but then i think she wanted money for her to stay quiet. The one that gets me scratching my head is Sanford. This guy was having probs at home and his wife and she knew and his family knew and instead of hiding it or being careful, this guy was off to trips to South America and wasn't careful at all. Almost like, please catch me.

Vitter was alot like the gov from ny and trying to be careful. It's hard to understand why they would take this huge a risk with their wife, kids and being an elected official but i think Usually Lurkin answered the why the best any of us could.

Any after this should know, stop now because the media loves it and sniffing around looking.

Tags
fluffy thread hijack, self-important much?