Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 01-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #41
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

no to adding Roddy in a deal for Martin.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2010, 05:40 PM   #42
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I agree. If they don't take that deal plus the rights to Calathes and cash then I say we walk and leave it on the table until the trade deadline.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #43
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're saying no because you want Roddy to package with Damp in the summer, ok.

If you're saying no because you think Roddy is going to be a major contributor to a championship team while Dirk is in his prime...that seems pretty unlikely, so I'm willing to move him for the right piece.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #44
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

I think they'll take the deal with calathes and cash once they pile up some more loses with their current line up. I actually wouldn't mind Nocioni. Would make a decent backup to Marion. Better than Ross or JHo are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:05 PM   #45
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
If you're saying no because you want Roddy to package with Damp in the summer, ok.

If you're saying no because you think Roddy is going to be a major contributor to a championship team while Dirk is in his prime...that seems pretty unlikely, so I'm willing to move him for the right piece.
No, I love the kid but mostly want Roddy around for this off-season. A budding PG with tons of potential that's been groomed under Jason Kidd could be a pretty enticing piece in potential trade for Sammy Superstar.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 01-29-2010, 08:44 PM   #46
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

The Kings will deal, just the question if its now or in the summer, they have just too many on the 2/3.

Evans IS better as SG, no questions. Udrih has a really nice season.

Garcias has a long MLE contract and is coming back from injury. Casspi will be pretty good SF.

Udrih (Evans)
Evans/Garcia
Casspi/Garcia

Thats allready a nice rotation for the future, not even including Martin or Josh.

I think the Kings will keep on looking for other trades.

We should do that too (Iggy, Butler, Ellis) but keep the offer and the pressure on the Kings.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:49 PM   #47
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

with an uninspired JHo this team is going nowhere...gotta move him at the deadline or any deep run hopes are done.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:27 PM   #48
mavsfan4lyfe201

mavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these parts

they wont trade roddy, thats just silly. unless they plan on barea being our future pg..

or..if they plan on chasin d will when his contract is up and kidd is old and retired..d will is from dallas....

but i wouldnt deal roddy for anyone. i think adding barea will be enough, hes solid.

were gonna land someone with j ho before the deadline, and then someone when dampiers gone this summer...

unless they keep them both til the summer and we land 2 FAs..or 1 big one..being LBJ...which cuban will look into, we have a chance like everyone else

wade wont evercome to dallas, him and dirk arent buddies.
mavsfan4lyfe201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:05 AM   #49
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

A couple of nights ago, after the Milwaukee Bucks game, I was leaving the AAC and on my way to my car, noticed Mike Fisher to the right of me. We had a little chat on our way to our cars. One of the subjects was his opinion on K-mart and whether or not the Kings would pull the trigger on him. He said something to me that I had not thought of before and it made perfect sense. The kings have a plethora of wings as of right now. Yes Howard at the top of his game would be better than some of those wings, but Howard hasn't been at the top of his game, since last season's playoffs. What then, would be the justification for the Kings to swap KMART for Howard. I immediately answered as i'm sure most of you would: Cap space. But wait a second, he proceeded to tell me, if the kings have that cap space, and with the team being that young, they are still a rebuilding team. The cap space will not give them enough to offer a max contract; with that said, they aren't going to be able to lure some big names into that market as of right now. So, you tell me, what good is cap space if you are unable to lure any significant free agent there this off season, and we all know they will not be picking up howard's option.

He didn't say it's a definite that this trade doesn't get done, but he hinted that if it were he, he doesn't see why the Kings would do the trade. That's all. And by the way, that makes the 3rd mavs related person I've had a conversation with in Dallas in less than 6 months. My list? Antoine wright, Quinton ross, mike fisher..

on a side note: KMART had 33pts versus the jazz tonihgt, 4-7 from 3pt land, 9 trips to the line, and 7 rebs. Just saying.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:16 AM   #50
themaverickfan708

themaverickfan708 is infamous around these parts

The kings are looking for a big and if howard won't cut it for them then this three team trade should make them bite.

Mavs get:
kevin martin

Philly Gets:
Josh Howard

Sacramento Gets:
Samuel Dalemebert

This would make them bite because Sacramento gets a big and a good one as of late. Philly gets rid of dalembert and his contract they never liked. Dallas of coarse gets kevin martin.
themaverickfan708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:35 AM   #51
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

No one touches Dalembert with his huge 1,5 years and trade kicker if he isnt glued to a nice player like Iggy etc.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:37 PM   #52
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
A couple of nights ago, after the Milwaukee Bucks game, I was leaving the AAC and on my way to my car, noticed Mike Fisher to the right of me. We had a little chat on our way to our cars. One of the subjects was his opinion on K-mart and whether or not the Kings would pull the trigger on him. He said something to me that I had not thought of before and it made perfect sense. The kings have a plethora of wings as of right now. Yes Howard at the top of his game would be better than some of those wings, but Howard hasn't been at the top of his game, since last season's playoffs. What then, would be the justification for the Kings to swap KMART for Howard. I immediately answered as i'm sure most of you would: Cap space. But wait a second, he proceeded to tell me, if the kings have that cap space, and with the team being that young, they are still a rebuilding team. The cap space will not give them enough to offer a max contract; with that said, they aren't going to be able to lure some big names into that market as of right now. So, you tell me, what good is cap space if you are unable to lure any significant free agent there this off season, and we all know they will not be picking up howard's option.

He didn't say it's a definite that this trade doesn't get done, but he hinted that if it were he, he doesn't see why the Kings would do the trade. That's all. And by the way, that makes the 3rd mavs related person I've had a conversation with in Dallas in less than 6 months. My list? Antoine wright, Quinton ross, mike fisher..

on a side note: KMART had 33pts versus the jazz tonihgt, 4-7 from 3pt land, 9 trips to the line, and 7 rebs. Just saying.

Howard for Martin straight up wouldn't give them enough to make a max offer, but the rumored deal of Howard, Gooden, Barea for Martin and Nocioni would.

As it stands, next season they will be paying $47 mil, but with the expirings of Howard, Gooden, and Barea not only do they get out of Nocioni's ridiculous contract, but they cut their salary by $18 mil. That would bring their total salary down to $29. Assuming a worst case scenario of the salary cap dropping $8 million to $50 million, that still leaves $21 million in cap space which is still enough for a max offer and then some.

Martin had a good game last night, I would love to have that kind of production on the Mavs. But the Kings still lost which brings it to something like 0-9 with Martin and Evans playing together since Martin came back.

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 01-30-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:19 PM   #53
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Honestly, if they didn't accept the previous deal we put on the table. We should try this: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=ykx9lhd

Simply adding Ross/Singleton for Udrih in there should sweeten it enough for them. Other than Garcia, those are their 3 largest contracts, and if they don't take that, then F 'em. I wouldn't mind Udrih or Nocioni anyway.

Damp/Gooden when he comes back
Dirk/TT
Marion/Nocioni
Martin/Terry/RoddyB
Kidd/RoddyB/Udrih

That's not too shabby. I say that gets us to the WCF easily.

Quote:
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:24 AM   #54
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Honestly, if they didn't accept the previous deal we put on the table. We should try this: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=ykx9lhd

Simply adding Ross/Singleton for Udrih in there should sweeten it enough for them. Other than Garcia, those are their 3 largest contracts, and if they don't take that, then F 'em. I wouldn't mind Udrih or Nocioni anyway.

Damp/Gooden when he comes back
Dirk/TT
Marion/Nocioni
Martin/Terry/RoddyB
Kidd/RoddyB/Udrih

That's not too shabby. I say that gets us to the WCF easily.
I would do that trade in a heartbeat, and it doesn't look so totally stacked against Sac that they would take it either, if they decide to rid themselves of Martin.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote